Reviews for Stand Back Up, Before You Fall Again
Mali Bear's Buddy chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
That was stunning. I had to swallow a lump in my throat. Bobby taking care of Dean and calling Sam on having gotten drunk the same way... *sigh*

I'm really liking the way you write Bobby. He's the father I think they deserved. I like Jeffrey Dean Morgan and I think he played John well, but given everything he put Sam and Dean through I disliked him. This was very emotional and incredibly moving. Great start!
Woman of Letters chapter 7 . 11/9/2011
A nice ending.

I'm sorry about your friend. I wish he could have found the help he needed. But in the short span of this story, you show a lot about what someone who's attempted suicide must be going through, and how the people who love him may deal (or not deal) with it. More than that, the idea that the person has to find a way to heal himself comes through clearly. Thank you for a thoughtful read.
Woman of Letters chapter 6 . 11/9/2011
I like Jacob. The shooting practice and yelling at the target were much better than "Wax on! Wax off!" Sometimes it's easier to talk to a complete stranger than it is to talk to your family and friends.
Woman of Letters chapter 5 . 11/9/2011
It seems very right to have Dean using the Impala (and visits to bars) as a reason to avoid Bobby and Sam. Just taking his normal habits and stretching them out to exclude all else.

I like your ending line: "Dean needed to learn to respect himself again before he could have any respect for the job, and that was something Bobby could not teach him."
Woman of Letters chapter 4 . 11/9/2011
I really like these lines:

"He had isolated Dean, become obsessed with making sure he didn't try to kill himself again. He had become an overprotective bastard, and in the end he found himself sitting by Dean's bedside in a small-town hospital, wondering why he didn't help Dean the way he was meant to be helped. The right way."

Bobby's desire to do right by Dean, his confusion and desperation to help, are clear here.
Woman of Letters chapter 3 . 11/9/2011
A nice touch, the way you set up the music and then had him going for the knife. You can see the level of Dean's frustration but the way he's so low key about slashing his wrists - it's kind of frightening.

Bobby's trying to keep him from doing this, but his very efforts at protecting Dean are doing the opposite, making him feel useless. And the problem is that Dean himself hasn't dealt with the underlying reason behind his suicide attempt - and if he doesn't deal with it, it will just fester. You capture that very well.
Woman of Letters chapter 2 . 11/9/2011
You can tell you meant this to end at the end of the chapter, just by the way it finishes. But I'm glad you continued the story.

Dean's denial that there was a problem was very in character. I like the way you had him cleaning the gun he had almost used on himself the night before.
Woman of Letters chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
I like the way you set this up at a bar and had Dean drinking so much - and we're not aware of what he intends until he takes out he gun. Also, nice touch, Bobby coming and preventing the suicide.

The note had me curious. What could he have written there? Note to self: Blow brains out? (That really wasn't meant to be funny. Sorry if it sounds insensitive.) I don't really get the note at all (but, thank God, I've not had any experience with people committing suicide.)
enviousxbeauty chapter 7 . 9/21/2009
Aww great story! You did a good job. Take care!
enviousxbeauty chapter 1 . 9/21/2009
Wow, I just found this. Drunk/suicidal!Dean is amazing. I'll be reading on! Great job!
AllieMcD chapter 4 . 4/2/2009
this was heartbreaking but great, gosh i feel for bobby and dean, i can't wait to see where it goes from here
babyreaper chapter 4 . 4/2/2009
Great chapter, So is Dean in need of fixing and if so, will he them help him, Please update again soon.
SPNaddict chapter 3 . 4/1/2009
this is good
DarkAero chapter 3 . 3/27/2009
Wow... Dean being suicidal. That's pretty new for me. Interesting...

Well written, gives hunger for more.

Please continue! *o*
vengeance71 chapter 2 . 1/23/2009
Nothing is ever that easy. I think you should continue. I enjoyed the story. I love angst.