Reviews for Eclairs
BasilissaSofia chapter 7 . 1/6/2009
Flaignhan!

:D I'm just reviewing because I decided to get off my lazy butt and finally review something you wrote... or I might done that already but well, I haven't reviewed this so yeah. I am now... obviously.

I absolutely love this, and all you other fics (I'm seriously a HUGE fan of all your Ten/Martha's! - chance of anymore? - and I plan on reading your D/Hrs!) I love the way you write. It's very unique and you manage to capture atmosphere and characterization in a small amount of words.

I generally find that there are authors (unfortunately me included) who try to really dig deep into the psyche or really just write big chunks of prose so that they can make it look as if they've written a lot of deep thoughts. And for some people it works and its very well written but after such long winded descriptions I just want to bang on my head with a mallet because sometimes theres just so much to take in! (I started reading one story YEARS ago, and it took so long to update that I forgot all about it and then I found it again and not only have I forgotten where I was up to but I just couldn't stand the thought of reading it because knowing the previous chapters it exhausted me thinking about it!)

Yeah so, pretty much to some up that last paragraph; I like your style. It's refreshing.

Also, characterization! Sometimes I can't read stories just because characterization is SO off, but I love yours. Cedric I think is really hard because I don't think he got so many lines in GoF that people would be able to understand the type of character he is. What we really get is Dumbledore's speech, and well he's a Headmaster, not one of Cedric's friends so I'm not sure how reliable Dumbledore's description of Cedric is. But I like your Cedric. I love Cheeky!Cedric. You've really made him into a well-rounded character, so well done! Lol.

Also, this idea of writing a fic based on his dealings with Ginny, I can't wait! I love giggly!Ginny! Haha, she's so funny, and just how Cedric likes to stir her. It's so funny!

I want to ask this before I forget. Actually two somethings.

1 - Is this an AU? Please tell me it is! I've been avoiding ALL (well not ALL) angsty fics, and I don't want to see this to turn out cannon. Not that it would stop me reading but so far it's just been so light-hearted and I can't see it turn sour. Also, a few events have already drifted from events in the book. Pretty much from chapter two, eh? I dunno, if you need someone to bounce idea's off you can PM me. (Sorry, I realise that might seem obnoxious, but I helped out this other author one time to bounce off ideas for her story - who, funnily enough, the main character was Cedric and it was a GoF AU - and I thought I'd just offer:-) )

2 - Where's your penname come from? It's been bugging me. Lol. Is it supposed to be a mystery like Biffy Clyro's supposedly is?

Right and last (I think) but not least. I love Cedric's obsession - would I really go that far to say that? - maybe fixation on eclairs, or mostly they way they're eaten. And how you connect Hermione and Cedric throughout the chapters and story by going to the kitchens to eat it. I think it's fantastic and I think it was last chapter especially where I could just see Cedric pouncing on Hermione after she supposedly fulfilled his eclair-eating fantasy. I want to know where it comes from. Has he always had one or is it just because he'd eat them with Hermione. Because I suspect that its really a show for her at times. He just seems like that sort of person, a tease not a show off.

Also I've become so obsessed with this story - which I only found yesterday but still... - I was packing away stock in the confectionery aisle at work today and I saw a packet of Eclair's (not the pastry unfortunately) and I was tempted to buy it just because of this story! Lol. Oh dear.

Anyway, I think I've rambled off enough. This is what happens when you get to lazy to review, you find such a good story that a waffler like me just keeps typing away. And unfortunately I've inherited my mum's need to write essays instead of short notes! So I think I better go and change my name, since I've outgrown it, to something that'll hopefully last longer. And then I'll look on these reveiews and find that other people have mentioned what I've forgotten.

:D So here's to patiently waiting for the next update!
abovetheserpentine chapter 7 . 1/5/2009
Hahaha, that was a very amusing chapter. I couldn't stop grinning stupidly, haha. Anyway, you'll be pleased to know that it is 2:33... PM! So I DID get some sleep last night, haha. ;)

Wonderfully brilliant, as usual, and I love how you update so quickly! :)
princessinct chapter 7 . 1/5/2009
Oh my gosh!

I love this story.

I love Cedric and Hermione's banter. It's so fun. And fully believable.

I really, really, really, really, really hope Cedric doesn't die.

Please give my new fav couple a happy ending.

I can't wait to read what happens next.

Please update soon.

Thanks.
Dramione-Fan 17 chapter 7 . 1/5/2009
That was really amazing hope to read more soon
Alenor chapter 7 . 1/5/2009
haha, great chappie. can't wait for their "date", lol
merrisunshine chapter 7 . 1/5/2009
Clever, very clever! I love the fact that Ginny dissed Cedric in front of all her friends. Quite cool really!
DragonQuillZ chapter 7 . 1/5/2009
Ginny and McGonagall are absolutely hilarious! Ginny's reactions to Cedric are just too amusing. Cho and Viktor? That was a surprise... Oh ofcourse it's not a date *wink* sure let Hermione believe that... Anyway brilliant chapter and can't wait for the next one!

~DQ
diamond-helen chapter 7 . 1/5/2009
smile. hes so lovely. i think i'll cry if you stick to canon and kill him off.
Adalene Dubois chapter 7 . 1/5/2009
Is Cedric finally making a move? I hope so! Please update soon! :D I am really enjoying this story!
ChamberlinofMusic chapter 7 . 1/5/2009
This was a great update! I cannot wait to see how the "date" works out. Also I am intrigued about how things will go with Sirius. I look forward to the next update!
Rowena Stark chapter 7 . 1/5/2009
update soon, this is a really good fanfic. Do you know you're a good writer :). Update soon.
emliy02 chapter 7 . 1/5/2009
This is so cute!

I love the way how you portrayed Cedric and Cho.

Although I do wonder if your going to have Ronald be jealous too?

Love this!
ginnylovesharry07 chapter 7 . 1/5/2009
I like the story, i think i can understand their relationship at the monent.

Hermione, who has always been 'one of the guys', is not bothered with "is a cute guy, blushing, can talk in front of him kind of girl". Who wouldn't believe he would like her.

Cedric, who likes her, but spends time with her a person, a real person. Trying to get her to notice him.

Slowly, everyone else sees what he sees, but she is to stubborn to see it.

Well that is what I see so far, AND I AM LOVING, LOVING it.

Hey do you have this on anyother websites.

Do you want a banner, an imagae of herione, an image of cedric and either on one end or the middle a plate full of chocactatle eclairs. oh that sounds nice, although you can't post images with story, you can link it on your profile.

I will check your profile to see if you already have one.

update soon
cannotstopwriting chapter 7 . 1/5/2009
The constant talking and conversations between hermione and cedric is pure brilliance, I'm enjoying the character reaction between the two. please update soon. good luck. :]
I'm-Reading chapter 7 . 1/5/2009
"It's not a date." Silly Hermione of sourse it is. Hehehe, I can't wait for more!
876 | « Prev Page 1 .. 43 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 .. Last Next »