Reviews for Five Across – Puzzling Twelve Letters
please continue I really love how you showed Harley is more intelligent than everyone thinks.
astrumadamas chapter 1 . 10/18/2014
Soulstealer chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
Laughs all around!
The Illustrious Crackpot chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
Ah, poor Eddie; his curiosity is going to get him killed someday. XD Lovely characterizations, especially on the ever-entertaining Miss Harley Quinn. The matter about her patterns of speech is a particularly nice touch.
highland girl 1592 chapter 1 . 2/4/2009
If I didn't already know that it was Eddie speaking

I'd swear it was ! would be my guess

that Harley plays up the 'ditzy blonde' act most with her

Puddin,so that he would underestimate her!

So did Harley win the prize?:)
Ikaru Sentinal chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
Oh, this was hilarious. XD Poor, poor Nigma. XD And Harley just rocks.
princessebee chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Excellent observations of Harley here. I definitely agree that she plays up the bimbo persona depending on who she's with and is far more calculating than most give her credit for. You may have seen me rave about her using it as a strategy to have others underestimate her in various places. It's really nice to see it directly addressed here. I thought the beginning was very fun and entertaining but didn't seem to lead quite smoothly into Eddie's observations. Though it definitely follows the right path - have her being the goof, him frustrated, then catch her doing a puzzle - maybe just a quick edit to make the intro more compact would benefit it.

It really picked up with Eddie's observations, though I feel the end would be stronger if Harley didn't acknowledge what Eddie says to be true - if she'd said something like "I don't know what you're talking about, really!" with a sly smile to him, it would've been punchier. The ending also seems to trail off a bit.

All in all, excellent fic!
BrocktreeJustLeft chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Man, I love these two together. Very nice oneshot.
Badr chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
Puzzling, twelve letters...lemme guess, is it Harleen Quinn? :)

I particularly like what you've done with Harley in this one-she certainly must have something that attracts the Joker's notice, even if it is spotty. The glimpse you give us here hints at that something quite nicely.

You have a few minor grammatical or punctuation mistakes, especially toward the end, but it's nothing a beta (or just a once-over on your own) can't easily fix.

My favorite of the new stories so far. Now off to the other two...