Reviews for Welcome to the Job
head.chantal chapter 1 . 11/23/2014
Maybe John could seek Zelenka's help in improving Rodney’s vocabulary
I pretty sure there's some unspoken quota of trouble/infirmary visits that the flagship teams have to meet each month.
The thought of Lorne deliberately crashing the Jumper was quite funny and Wilkinson’s way of dealing with him.
Yeah he finally makes the connection between John's team and SG1.
I love Beckett’s greeting to Lorne reminds me of how other author's have McKay refer to him as a voodoo priest.
Acquired taste – Lorne's meet a pair of those before (JACK/DANIEL).
Love Sheppard's perfect interpretation of the major's look and his response.
immertreu chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
Squee, a story featuring Lorne as a major character! There are definitely not enough of them out there.

Love the image of Lorne as an eager puppy, lol. First days on the job are always horrible, but his was very special indeed. No wonder he feels like he's gone a round in the washer. I totally agree with Sheppard, though: He fit right in.

I love your style, and the characterizations were spot-on. Reading this fic was like watching a new episode of SGA in the good old days. :)
purrfus chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Severely entertaining.
reen212000 chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
Ha! I love your Lorne voice/perspective. Team McShep is a lot of trouble, and having Lorne cautious, apprehensive, and edgy gave him so much more dimension. Thanks for sharing!
tielan chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
Thanks for this story! I loved Injured!John, Reasonable!Teyla and Practical!Lorne, although I should have asked for more Teyla in action. But excellent whumpage and Snarky!Rodney is always Snarky. Thank you. :)
Artemis Aurelia chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
Haha, Newbie!Lorne is AWESOME! lol poor guy doesn't know what hit him! Great job with this, i loved the humor, Lorne's thoughts and feelings on Atlantis and how it was a lot like the SGC, and just generally the way it was written! Good job! Definitely a fave. :D -SA
godsdaughter77 chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
Nice story! I liked all the things about Sheppard not liking being in the infirmary.
CoolBreeze1 chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Really enjoyed this story. I loved seeing it through Lorne's eyes, especially his first day on the job and trying to adjust to life on Atlantis. Excellent whump too! I cringed when Sheppard was hit with that arrow then rolled over it. Ouch!
faldo chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Enjoyed this fic very much. Liked seeing Lorne as a newbie - and getting a taste of Atlantis from a different POV Thanks.
Frisco chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
I really enjoyed this. I don't think I've read any stories set in this time frame or dealing with Lorne's initiation into Atlantis life. A great look at him and at the team's early interaction. Nicely done.
highonscifi chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Nice! There have been too few stories told from Lorne's POV. And his first day in the Pegasus Galaxy?...even better!

Well done!
Linnzi chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
I really enjoyed this. I thought it was very well written, very entertaining and had very good characterisations in it. Freaking out Rodney was just perfect, lol! Satisfying Shep whump too and a very nice little character study of Lorne here as well. Well done and thanks for sharing! :)
Fandomatic chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
Very engaging. I really liked your Lorne, who's fresh and doesn't know where everything belongs yet. And Rodney's continuing argument that he 'passed out' was priceless. Even the new rank confusion over major vs. colonel played out well through your story and helped to contrast Lorne's first mission with Sheppard's. Just by reminding us that Sheppard use to be a major only months ago, it brings the two ranking officers closer as equals. Enjoyed! FAN