Reviews for The Way it Was Meant to Be
love this
love it
Just started reading this, and love it so far :) ..of to read the next one... :)
Guest chapter 19 . 12/23/2014
well i hope you got better. your story was the best i'v ever read on this site, absolutely awesome. I will pray for you
Guest chapter 1 . 8/15/2014
I... Can actually see that happening. Good thing he's in solitary, the other prisoners would probably mug him.
SwimmerLife chapter 20 . 8/4/2014
I am very sad you had to end this, and I know this was two years ago when this ended, but I want you to know that this was amazing and even in brief description I could tell that this would have ended beautifully. I wish you strength in your illness, and relish in knowing this was a terrifically exhilarating story while it lasted.
SwimmerLife chapter 16 . 8/4/2014
I find myself with a deep set feeling of dread for something that will happen to Zuko. I find myself wishing he would see how much the group really wants to help him. I find myself hating Jet, even though in the show I liked him. I am rooting for Zuko to regain his firebending, but I am also loving the journey he will have to go through to get there. I am hoping very dearly that this encounter with the Sun Warriors will help Zuko and Iroh's relationship. Excellent job. It's been a while since a story has had me stressed like this.
SwimmerLife chapter 14 . 8/4/2014
You are an incredible writer! You tie emotions and actions together so well that I think that if this happened in the show it would fit without messing everything up. There would just be no Blue Spirit. :( Anyways, unlike some writers in this fandom, the angst you write Zuko with is very fitting. Amazing job so far, I can't wait to see the rest.
Guest chapter 3 . 7/9/2014
I noticed that you have a tendency to leave out words or repeat them within a sentence or short paragraph. I can tell that sometimes you were going for an expression but changed your mind, and forgot to change part of the sentence.
I would suggest you read through the chapter again slowly. There are parts that throw you off slightly, or that only make sense if read twice.
Otherwise, this is very well written. You're still telling a lot rather than showing, but I can see that you have potential.
The characters, and the life in prison are portrayed realistically, yet you didn't lose the overall feel of the original show (yes, this is a compliment).
Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading your next chapters!
AllBlue.is.myNinjaWay chapter 20 . 2/24/2014
This was one of the most beautiful Avatar fics I've ever read. Though I'm devastated you won't be finishing, I'm thankful we got closure when you told us the plan. Thank you for this fantastic fic. I really enjoyed it! :)
The Mask'ter chapter 14 . 2/18/2014
I really feel sorry for Zuko. He was almost raped by the guard and the man on the ship tried.
The Mask'ter chapter 12 . 2/17/2014
I saw Zuko slipping a lot in this direction in the actual show. It seemed like Iroh and the Avatar were the only things stopping that... but he was without both.
The Mask'ter chapter 9 . 2/16/2014
This really made me feel sorry for Zuko, mad at Chit Sang and a mix of anger and sorrow for Hakoda and Suki.
The Mask'ter chapter 6 . 2/16/2014
I am enjoying this fanfiction so far. It is in character, seriously handled, realistic and I can't see anything that doesn't make sense.
too-much-inspiration chapter 20 . 1/16/2014
Beautiful done story. Although I am sad to hear you will not be finishing it, I enjoyed reading every chapter, and am very grateful for the gift you gave is with this story. Thank you for also posting the planned ending so we have some closure for how you planned to end this story.