Reviews for Out to Pasture
Alexander - Godslayer chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
And that... was probably for the best. U

Least Betty proves she isn't in this job for no reason.

And Kasy wants to be a doctor? I swear, if that sticks I'm gonna remove three of my vertebrae, curl my own spine back, and eat my own ass! (And yeah, that's what I felt most worth mentioning from this story XD). And what's Sheki gonna end up as? Ghost hunter? XD

Although... in all seriousness, that 'could' be an interesting idea.

And that's all for today.

Yours, "Doctor for Ghosts" Alexander/Alexlayer.

Bye-bye!
Itachi's apprentice chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Great work.
RonHeartbreaker chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
Leave it to Betty to cut the gordian knot. A nice, snappy little story - just the right length and pacing, just enough inside ball and efficient insight into the characters and their thoughts and thought processes. The payoff - Kim's and Will's thoughts about each other, and Betty's knowing conclusion - are perfection.

Plus it's a relief to know that Betty is staying on for another seven years. The idea of a fixture like Betty retiring, for real - brings me uncomfortably close to having to consider my own mortality.
Muzzlehatch chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
Well, I guess that worked out okay. A sly fox is Betty D.
FlyingSquirrel2010 chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
the end

who gets the part

it better be kim

i hate will

well update soon
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
This is so good... the ending was a major twist; neat job.

Keep the good writing.
Robert Teague chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Not how I expected it to end, but Betty nailed both of them solidly.

Personally I'm glad she's staying on for another term.

Good job!
Captain IT chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Monotonous..isn't it

Keep it KP real

Captain IT
noncynic chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
I'd have to agree with her assessment in both cases. As you portray the characters, that is. Interesting career choices for the kids, Shego had to know one of the kids would follow Kim's footsteps. Of course, Kim's probably exaggerating the 'disappointment' part. Of course, if Jane trys doing the same sort of things Kim did, with those two as her parents, things will certainly go differently. Good story.
Daryl chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
cool story
sweetPixiesmile chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Good ol' Iron Panties is stuck with holding Kim and Will's hands for another seven years? The poor old gal will never be able to leave!

But as always, Bets is the voice of reason and balance between go-getter Kim and mexi-can't Will.

A lovely snapshot of the future.

Happy New Year! Hope your trip was good.
Thomas Linquist chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
I think, perhaps, the the best scenario is the one that Betty chose. She needs Will's efficiency and careful planning. She needs Kim's ability to improvise when plans fail and to connect with people.

The sign of a good leader is when they can get the most from the people they manage. Betty isn't really needed out in the field. She acts as the control rods to the fission reactor that is the Du/Possible relationship.

The sign of a great writer is when the characters seem to have lives that continue after the story ends, and before the next one begins. All of these characters do, in the tales you weave. I sometimes ask myself why is such a draw to me.

Question answered.

Thomas
shinneodeus chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Years of working together and even becoming a sorta family and they still don t get along too well. Animosity never goes away completly for rivals I guess. Betty though seems that she just is insecure to passing the torch. So Kasy following the tradition of her grandparents. Big surprise but no mention of what would Sheki do. M.

Read you later!
Mr. Wizard chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Brilliant! I was expecting the beginning of some convoluted (and delightfully absurd) office politics but instead Betty hit the nail on the head and drove it right through the board. Perfectly done.

Enjoy London.

MrW
Etherelemental chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
That was a cute way of ending it. Especially with pointing out the flaws that Kim and Will both have and why those flaws would really make them unsuitable, even though they're the most suitable for the job. It was cute, though, I'm mostly wondering exactly what is going on for the social bits, such as what's really going on for Kim's family life and the like. And Will's thoughts doing basically a 180 towards the end was quite amusing as well. Anyway, thanks for posting this!