Reviews for One Night Beyond
AnimeniacAnonymous chapter 1 . 2/9
I really like this story. The depth of emotion and feeling is conveyed very well and your imagery is hauntingly beautiful. If there was one minor (extremely minor) criticism I had it would be that some of your sentences were a little muddled and hard to read. But the way you dealt with such a sensitive subject and the way you gave us some introspection into an often overlooked character were exceptional.
CasperxDaisyxRa chapter 1 . 3/26/2014
Oh my god... Conan's dead :(. I had been searching for a story like this for a long time, and now I feel empty now that I've read it. May Conan rest in peace.
Gurgle chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
Th-that was so beautiful! Very well written as well! I love how you described conan and kogoro's emotions. And the imagery too! Well done! Kudos (hahaha) to you!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
My fav by far, I think I read it a million times over the years! And I still cry every single time, each time as though I'm reading it for the first time
IhartFF chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Oh! My gawd! What happened to conan?! Why did he died? Why did he died? And this story is so touchy, that it touch my heart(not the literal meaning)
conan-kun... Is so... Kyaah! Why did you made him die?! Tell is why? Thats the big hole you made that made my jaw open. Please tell up why did he died?
Yuu3 chapter 1 . 11/13/2012! I refused to believe this! Conan, dead? No. ...though it is a good fic, it reminds me of the story The Little Match Girl
wolf of infinity chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
Wow... I... This was incredibly emotional. The descriptions of Conan's personality and of Kogorou's thoughts and feelings. I feel you really caught the essence of both characters, and that's a very hard thing to do. Wonderful work, truly an enjoyable read, despite how sad and painful it was!
TWILIGHTreader1 chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
kogoro knew conan was not well, but he just sat there.
he said that the boy might not wake up but he still acted surprised to find out he was dead?

the story was god but there was a lot of parts that contradicted with each other.
also i wished you touched on the issue of consn's illness. what happened to him, why was he alone, why was he sick, etc etc.

it would complete the over all story in my opinion and fill in the gaps
Jelp chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
Very touching, moving. I had wondered if Conan was dying when Kogorou came to look for him. So heart-wrenching, yet very beautifully written. Nicely done! Jelp
MidnightFlame13968 chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
I cried when reading this. I don't really enjoy tragedy but I love this one. So full of emotion. Great story
NebulaLuna30 chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Oh this story, it was so heart wrenching. I quite literally cried, something I almost never do concerning stories. But this story... I really don't know what to say. Thank you.
NewDCReader 1112 chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
No matter how many times I read this, I never get bored with your story. *sniffs* gah! darn invisible ninja cutting onions beside me... *sniffs*
15bubbles chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
*sniffle* That was really sweet... I'm almost sad for once that Conan died.
soaring freedom chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
wow is the only word that came to my mind after reading this story it was very nice and touched my heart
APTX chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
Wow. There is no way to describe how I feel. I'm sad, because Conan died. But this story illustrated a side of Kogoro that most readers/writers totally skim over. I myself have thought about how much of a thoughtless idiot he could be. But everyone has their flaws. This was wonderfully written and the imagery and detail was perfectly portrayed. I cannot even begin to fathom as to how Ran would take the news. But I can imagine it not going well. Anyway, yes, I really enjoyed this. It was a little dark, yes, but it's a very touching piece.