Reviews for Tales Within Tales
tomorrow4eva chapter 112 . 4/16
This has been an awesome story. I love how you took so many key elements and wove them into a unique and satisfying retelling. Absolutely brilliant.
Zaerix chapter 1 . 8/13/2014
The way you wrote Cloud and Tifa was just... sublime that it gives me feels and warmth and bubby love all over. :D You made them fit each other so well especially the part near the end when Tifa was trying to get Cloud back when he was sorta posessed by Jenova. It was so bittersweet and angsty and ahhhhh... And Aerith was awesome and sweet and just perfect. Zack/Kunsel - I did NOT see that coming and the whole love of family... Idk what else to say but the you portrayed the characters so well that they fit and bond with each other too. This is one of the BEST fanfics I ever read. Thank you for making this. Just thank you. I'm so glad I read it way after you conpleted it or else I wouldn't have survived waiting for new chapters
black-klepon chapter 112 . 7/15/2014
So I have just finished reading it for more than a simple few days... and I don't know if you're still active here or not but THANK YOU FOR THIS AMAZING STORY.

I don't review all that much cos I usually can't fight the right words but I believe for such an epic (albeit cracktastic at the beginning) story you deserve so much kudos. So much.

I was interested at first because ya, FF7 characters going to con as a film based on them? Pure, ingenious crack and I just kept going until - until I actually realized that *it is long* and so braced myself starting from back then when Barret was surprised with Cloud in the room upstairs.

And GUH I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW MUCH I LOVED THIS STORY - Cloud evidently didn't talk much, still doesn't; I can just imagine being in Tifa's place, her thoughts, AND AERITH you just portrayed her perfectly. And Zack, Kunsel!Zack. I an out of words to tell you how much I loved them all.

Special place goes to Yuffie tho, kudos to you for being able to think up her lines, especially those nearing the last regarding Sephiroth. I'll have you know loud laughter at 1AM is not the proper norm... but screw the norm just this once I love reading stories like yours.

Where the romance is interspersed in various intensities and with humour and action and just the sheer blanch of Tifa's "What." I've adopted it as my common reaction while reading this cos it sums up every thing I'd thought of during that specific part. Right before laughing and/or gasping in horror.

But best scene? That last one when Cloud flicked Kunsel's forehead - LOVE IT. Partially cos it's still fresh in my mind, tho I'm sure when I reread this some time later I should make a compilation on all the precious, priceless things. Aaand mostly because it just screams possessiveness, *that kind* of possessiveness that only Cloud can do. ...If that even makes sense. Guh, Tifa. Cloud. /wipes happy tears/

I noticed a few typos and some commas missing, but it doesn't detract from the overall story so yah, everyone makes mistakes and we all learn.

(This is not the right place to say it but Avatar, your other piece? I'm really glad I chose that to reread when I got back to the fandom.)

Here's hoping your book is a success; and you might look back here and write another piece of Cloud/Tifa every now and then. :)) Cheers!
Guest chapter 86 . 5/18/2014
God Bless Cissnei, that poor soul
Guest chapter 83 . 5/18/2014
The Lord of the Rings reference? Fuck yea!
Guest chapter 78 . 5/17/2014
Hey, is Cissnei still important?
Guest chapter 77 . 5/17/2014
Leon, I regret all the bad things I've typed in the past! You're totally not a douche now. You're actually being a Pretty Cool Guy.

Great fight scene
Guest chapter 66 . 5/17/2014
Dunno why everyone seems to point to Cloud being a git in your ANs. The thought, "Tifa is being such an oblivious dumbass." has occurred to me more than once. Argh!

Funny chapter, though. Brings you right back to the blissful ignorance of childhood.
Guest chapter 62 . 5/17/2014
"That made her grin stupidly into the collar of her jacket and feel like hugging herself."
That was adorable!
Guest chapter 61 . 5/17/2014
Did he

Lol, and what's with people not asking permission before just making out with someone.

I'll stop bugging about it. I suppose literature must have its allowances for "passion."
Guest chapter 60 . 5/17/2014
God, Leon is such a fucking creep. Maybe it's the town I grew up in, I'm not sure, but I don't find his actions to be romantic in the least. It's invasive and assertive, which earns a guy a really bad rep where I'm from.

Good on Teef for gently telling him to kindly fuck off. If he does anything possessive and creepy again, I will scream.
Guest chapter 58 . 5/16/2014
I hope Leon finds then and that he starts to cry.
Guest chapter 53 . 5/16/2014
Fuck Leon for being so rapey. Attacking a woman with your mouth without her consent ain't cute.

It's a bit oblivious of her to figure it was only the, "shaking" that upset him. I'd think most people would assume that it's the fact that he attacked her with his mouth, then got creepily possessive and clingy when she tried to move away. That's what had me miffed.
Tae chapter 112 . 10/21/2013
I reread this over the weekend. It's just as much fun on the second time through as the first. I especially love all the cuddling and snuggling you manage to work in between Cloud and Tifa. (Who wouldn't want to snuggle with warm, sweet, protective Cloud?) Your version of them is just so incredibly adorable.

I can only speak for myself, but I suspect it's true for others as well: I miss you! I miss you as a friend and in fandom. Come back to us? *HUGS*

(P.S. I'm not logged in, because if I log in it tells me I can't post a review. *sigh*)
caledon chapter 17 . 7/24/2013
Oh Cloud. On the one hand he's already making good on his promise/propensity to protect everything Tifa holds dear—even barely conscious. On the other hand, he got a bit overboard about it XD But that's what makes him awesome and loveable.
And Tifa. Oh Tifa. What a wonderful woman all around.
Have I mentioned I love the way you write them? And not just them—all the characters with their voices and personalities so distinctive and recognizable, all laced with your own writer's voice. Truly a wonder to behold, (re)reading your story.