Reviews for A Convivial Christmas
trustingHim17 chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
I love how you incorporate Scripture!
MJLupin27 chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
I liked this pretty much, very sweet indeed.. Thanks for sharing.
Athena Silverwolf chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
Hahahaha I love the snowball fight :) and I like Edmund's little passage at the end. Good job with this one. Your writing is clearly improving here :)
CatchingCraziness chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
I was hoping Edmund would react like that. I'd want Lucy on my team too. This was a good One-Shot. :)
Crazy Dyslexic Nerd chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
That's a great story! Love how you described them all! And that Lu was picking off the line of advancing sock beating servants. That is perfect for her.

The only battle the High King lost? Well, he certainly chose the right one to lose.

I sympathise with Peter. 9 is much to early to be woken by a hyper younger sister to play in the snow. Personal experience. In case you wanted to know, 6 is too early to be woken to open presents... Nine-year old sister, and this happened just after her birthday.

I love what's scribbled in the margin by ERP.

-Dyslexic Nerd
Talagan chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
Awww... I loved this. :) Susan and Peter so worried about how Edmund would react to the snow; Lucy utterly oblivious, throwing snowballs. lol

Lucy getting Peter twice was hilarious!

And I particularly liked the end, where Edmund grabs Lucy and says that she is on his team. The sibling bonding is great!

Altogether an enjoyable story and I look forward to reading more of your stories!
lifechiaroscuro chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Nice and funny...

"And so, the first and only battle High King Peter the Magnificent had ever lost was recorded by an amused scribe..."

DammitimmaD chapter 1 . 3/29/2011

This story made my day! :) Making me smile and laugh... although my class is kinda wondering what the heck I'm doing... but NO WORRIES! :D

dbd823 chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
I'm reviewing 'cuz I want those cookies! :) Oh, and I liked the story. ;) I thought it was funny how Edmund put his older siblings in their place, but neat that they were worried about them anyway. Nice work!
Berserker Nightwitch chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
Great story! I seriously love your word choices: the clock got exiled to the hall! _

Thank you for sharing this!
Ilonwy chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Aww! That's great! It gives hope to those who have been born again but still remember the death that is sin. Thank you.
HfV chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
Nice! I like it! And I think it's neat how you ended with a play on a Bible verse! That's a great verse and I so easily recognized it! (I am born-again Christian)

Thanks for writing...keep it up-For the Aslan in our world!
rainpaint still chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
Ah! I wasn't finished reviewing...silly computer.

"The castle walls frozen in ice." Chilling. (Sorry.) Way to compare Cair Paravel to the White Witch's castle.

"Don't let him see it." As if they can keep Edmund from looking out the windows until the snow melts. I can just picture them attempting (unsuccessfully) to lock him in a windowless room until spring.

"White pearls flashed in the morning sun, then disappeared behind the lips that curtained their exits and entrances like a magicians' act." I LOVE that!

I love that this is the only time Peter ever lost a battle. /walks off singing, "Ding dong, the witch is dead..."/ A convivial Christmas indeed.
rainpaint chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
Hmph, I had actually been inspired to write a similar fanfiction when we had our first snow this past winter. You beat me to it by about a year. Oh well. You did a much better job than I could have :)

Oh, my goodness - Lucy would drive me MAD in the morning. I'm a morning person, but a quiet morning person. Still, because she's not waking ME up, I found her hilarious and altogether Lucy. (I loved her resplendent smile-good adjective.)

"...sparing those who repented at the sight of his blazing banners, and utterly obliterating those that dared to bare their bloodied fangs at his extended hand." And there we have King Edmund the Just.

Lucy's snowball fight with invisible enemies-"Take that! And THAT!"-was joyous.

For all of Peter and Susan's concern, they still seem so much like children. That's a good thing! They seem like the ages they are.

Your descriptions are vivid and hilarious - Peter as a lazy, out-of-breath lump of cranberry pudding,

"In fact, I'm sure there's a song about that…" That was my favorite. And that's saying something.
LadySaxophone chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
You have a way with words. Your descriptions were lovely and you had me smiling through the whole thing. I didn't know Ed was a fan of "The Wizard of Oz" tee hee! Poor Peter, dragged out of bed by Lucy, trying to do the impossible task of hiding snow from his brother (honestly how on earth did they plan to keep that up?), and then being beaten by his little siblings...haha poor guy :) great piece. You've reminded me why i read fanfiction!
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »