Reviews for Under Stone
narrizan chapter 1 . 2/13
But, but this is pure poetry ... and ... and OH gods ... I recently re-watched Serenity and Firefly and ohhh my hearts ...

They're both crazy, and it's a spiral and who's taking whom is anyone's guess.

This is gorgeous for the ebb-and-flow, for the crashing of waves on the shore. Cliched I know but ohhh so poetical and utterly pretty. I'm a sucker and a sap for such things.

I have to stop reading really because oh my god I have life to get on with. Ahahaha!

But it's very addictive your writing. - Zan

What will I do when I run out of things ... ;_;
Jamaica chapter 1 . 1/21/2015
What is it with your story that I have to usually read like three times before I get it? I totally get this story now (well, as much as I can, I suppose), and it's...lovely. And dark. And raw. And surprisingly graphic (which I totally missed the first time through). Like most of your stories things are messy and lovely and beautiful. I wish this pairing got more love.
vivevoce chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
I think I reread this like seven times before I made sense of all the implications of Lavi's rants. I love how you write crazy. Insane, schizo Lavi and sociopathic Kanda make such an AMAZING pairing. It's dark and bloody and totally insane which makes it so good. Because they don't have any more secrets from each other in the end, yet neither of them can make sense of those secrets, nor can they out-crazy the other and scare them off. Which means they're at a draw, and in a weird way have defined themselves as a couple.

You write like Toni Morrison. If you've ever read Beloved, you'll get what I'm saying. I can give you no higher commendation than that.
hollyivy7 chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
crazy like whoa. still searching for the happy ones.
cheesynoodle chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
I actually really loved it–Lavi's rantings were almost poetic, and I had fun trying to figure out if they had any relation to Kanda and his' relationship (which I think some did?). But I really did like it–damn interesting.
Clockjuice chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
If i may put it this way, the bipolar tendencies really fits them in all their high strung weirded out episodes. Somehow, you just have to feel for Lavi, he's just got too much on his hands.

The narrative caught me off guard, but insanity's never supposed to come pakaged nicely is it? And boy is it highly addictive! I suppose insane romance is always more intense than ordinary ones, it's nice to see them pushed to extremes and stuck there with each other, their compatibility seems best that way. The way you portrayed them is nothing short of amazing.

Once again, thanks for the fanart!

Cheers!
Jin Ae chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Just curious, but was this piece written with the intention of being dissected by readers... or just written for insanity's sake?

I know it says in the author's note at the bottom that you wrote it to "out-crazy River's rants", but I can't help but wonder if it was written with something underlying insanity.

If it was intended to be dissected, I've been trying and haven't been able to come up with anything... cohesive. Not in a bad way though, more like... getting bits and pieces... and they connect together in a vague sort of simple yet complicated way.

Haha, okay. That made no sense at all.

Um... as far as writing an intelligent review... that failed. So yeah... _
Kuro49 chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
I can't believe I was actually able to help XD But glad I could none the less~

Rabi seems to speak in gibberish and Kanda thinks in gibberish *u* I have just realized how complex Rabi really can get! And the way you showed him off was really vulnerable (he was asking for it from Kanda), that rabid rabbit!

You make them very crazy in a very intellectual way. v

Kuro
cubwub chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
how the fuck did you come up with this?

it would take me forever to come up with all these ideas and, and...analogies and theories.

i love the way you write crazy.

i wanna write crazy. ugh.

that was amazing.
gonegonegonegongeoengrwiioegjw chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Really introspective, i liked it. The whole dark-romance and insanity combination is like drug, really. It's so, so good.

write more? :D