Reviews for Rip it Out
Consulting Demon chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
I usually don't read Davypso because i hate her rotten fish guts... but i took and chance and read this, and I loved it! *favorites story*

Two things though (sorry I have OCD when it comes to details): She had no idea that he was the one who had the idea of binding her; she always thought it was the court's own idea. And his eyes are blue, not green. I don't know if you purposely made those errors or not, thought I should let you know.
19Leyton94 chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
I found your profile link on shelfari and thought I would check out your stories. This one was so good, I really enjoyed the detail and how you wrote davy's character was incredible. :D
ammNIwriter chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
You are really good at writing Jones' character! Just the right amount of romance mixed in with tragedy.

The only problem I found was Calypso called him David. This is probably me just being picky but in AWE Calypso calls him Davy Jones and always uses the full title.

I really liked this line "dropped his heart into it with a wet smack", it made me giggle.

MorganBonny chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
Ah! This is so powerful, so completely heart-rending! Absolutely wonderful, mate!

In such a short space you tell us so much of their story, lace it with so much emotion and explain so much. Now I want you to tell us the details. I could almost, but not quite, see all the details of the table at the brethren court, see Jones' and Calypso's expressions...I want this in more detail! You write beautifully, luv, and I thought the idea of Isla Cruces being where they first met not only a brilliant idea, but also very logical.

If I keep going, I'm just going to dissolve into non-constructive gush.

Honestly, I thought it ended on a rather strange note. Having him suddenly realize that he's transforming seemed to not flow with the rest of the fic very well and left me going, "Hang on, what?" Obviously it's an important part of the story, but it seemed a bit out of place right there at the end. Also the bit about not being able to feel his leg was a bit confusing.

Your descriptions of the binding of Calypso were vivid and I really liked the bit about losing the war with the demons.

Overall, I really loved this.

Excellent job, mate, you've really got a feel for Dalypso that I envy!

CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 1/30/2009
A great story. Very good.
Nina Modaffari chapter 1 . 1/7/2009

Poor Davy! I absolutely love Davy Jone's character, and you captured his post-squid personality beautifully.
Flygon Pirate chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
Wow, so much detail. And that ending was superb!

That was really interesting.

Great job!

damsel-in-stress chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
Ohh.. *Shudder*

Beautifully written and a clever idea. There really isn't enough Davy Jones/Calypso out there - it's such an interesting thing to write about.

Nasty.. You got across his personality and feelings really well. His bitterness came out magnificently.

Thanks for sharing.

FreedomOftheSeas chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Beautiful work here! I love the Davy Jones/Calypso pairing, and I think you've done them justice!

"Shipwreck Cove. That had been the meeting place for the first Brethren Court. The huge table guarded by the ancient chandelier had been the altar on which her wavering form had appeared as they chanted, Jones leading them. He had told the Pirate Lords how to enslave her, how to separate her from the one thing that gave her life meaning. The sea."

Beautiful line here depicting Jones' reason for betrayal.

I think you've successfully brought us through the mind of Jones at that very moment where he realized that she was not coming for him.

Just lovely! :) Looking forward to more!
ofhouseelvesandchildrenstales chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
I cried when I read this again.

It's too amazing.
Scotland's Fiery Rose chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
aweshum. A very excellent take on that fateful day...

DAVY JONES! *swoons*
cstefano chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
I think the word you want is "prostrate." "Prostate" is... something VERY different.
Nytd chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
There are so few fics about Davy and Calypso, and yet the pairing has so much potential, as you've shown here.

Nice accounting for the actions of the first Brethren court as they entrap Calypso.

The whold scene where Davy cuts out his heart and reminisces about the pain she's caused him is just wonderful. Very powerful and full of angst and torment.

"He wanted her-that horrible, unloving, deceitful thing-to know the agony he was going through. Oh, how he had wanted it."

Such agony and frusration you've managed to convey here. Well written and lovely to read.

Nicely done!

hurricane1714 chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
Very good and angsty. Dalypso so underused. It's nice to see some of it out there. :)