Reviews for The Victim
misssocrates chapter 1 . 3/25
Dear obsessmuch,
I am obsessed with your Lumione stories. You are a genius and even
though it's been awhile, I hope you come back to fanfiction one day
or tell us your real name if you are out there writing your own stuff
now. I first read Eden in 2011 and I have subsequently read it at
least five times...Never gets old. A true classic.
Also, love how angry Lucius gets at her for crying. I included
that in my parody of your story.
Love,
MadameBeast
fanreading chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
I can't believe I haven't read this before! :O
I like his p.o.v. It gives so much of what he's thinking!
He actually thinks she's trying to play with him when she's actually doing what she's doing unconsciously. It's a perfect combination because there can't have a relationship that'll progress if she were totally unyielding or totally submissive. A balance between the two is needed, especially for this kind of relationship.
I had no idea he liked her smell so much. A good smell is attractive, I must admit. Hmm, this is interesting.
Hehehe, so he did think about her. His musing on her eyes remind me so much of Pride and Prejudice. Darcy was caught by Lizzy's eyes.
Wow. I really, really like how he liked her 'writhing' under him. That's totally a power rush for him, along with her fear. But I'm glad he doesn't like the fear as much since it reminded him of 'flat champagne'. I think it means he wanted her cooperation and compliance way before they did it. It wasn't all about power then.
Hahahaha, I can't believe he asks what 'right' she has to hate him! How could she not hate him? Even if his pure-blood way of thinking prompted the question isn't it absurd to think that what he has done to her doesn't deserve her hate? I can only conclude that he has already fallen and hasn't noticed yet. It bugs him as well.
I didn't think he knew so early on how jealous Bella was of Hermione.
I thought he really liked that she cared for others more than herself. I think it really appealed to him when she told him to tell Harry and Ron she was sorry when he was offered the choice to kill her after Voldemort left the decision to him. No one else he knows is like that. And he really did like her ruthlessness, lol. Wondering what she could have done with her brains and spirit if she wasn't as altruistic as she is.
It's like he's trying to convince himself that he isn't jealous. He did bring up that she may have offered Antonin 'something' in return when he found the pensieve in the room.
Thanks for sharing your brainstorm! I liked reading it a lot!
singular-motion chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
Beautiful...and Eden by the way, was an absolute masterpiece. One of the best pieces of fiction that I have ever read. Well done!
ladysihf chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
brilliant. i'd love to see this continued.
Garling chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
My god I love your stories! I have just finished Eden and I loved it! You are one of the few authors that I have read that manage to keep the HP characters in...character! Please write more, your stories are so addictive:D
roon0 chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
I loved the insight in to Lucius messed up mind.
Shortscribbling chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
I do love this :)

It's really well written and it is fascinating to look at things from Lucius' point of view. I would love to see another of these set in the last couple of chapters.

Thank you very much for sharing this :)
GGhanima chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
delicious
David boreanaz's wife247 chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
anger managment my dear darling death eater
mystarius chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
Yummy... I enjoyed that little delve into Lucius' thoughts - before the eventual undoing of his entire being by an 'insignificant' Mudblood girl. He contradicts himself in almost every other sentence which is, undeniably a testament to how irrevocably she has gotten inside of his soul. He just isn't aware of it yet. I love how you use Hermione's eyes as the one feature which deeply disturbs Lucius. It runs parallel to Hermione's descriptions of his eyes throughout Eden. However, it is the humanity in her eyes he cannot stand, and conversely, she is appalled by the vacuity in his. Thank you for your marvellous story-telling, it has inspired passion within me once again. May you have a life long journey with your writing and continue to expand on your incredible potential as a professional author. Watch out Stephenie Meyer!
Marble Meadow chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
This brainstorm of yours is really interesting. I love seeing things from other character's perspectives... and this is simply stunning. All alone, this could be a one shot... I really think it is a brilliant piece of work.

MM
crysta656 chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
Please please please get the next chapter of Eden up before a month! :) It was nice of you to post this oneshot. I've been wanting to know what he was thinking when she was looking at him. It was good to hear his pov! Great job and keep up the AWESOME work!
Puerta chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
Although I know that this is not only a written exercise, I really love how we are allowed a tiny peek into the mind of the ever contradictory Lucius Malfoy...

This is brilliant. If I were granted my greatest wish, it would be for you to write a companion story to Eden in Lucius's POV... but that would be ridiculous, amazing, but ridiculous...

As I read Eden, I felt I was able to read with almost certainty his emotions about 80% of the time. the other 20% it was hard to tell... but even with this small taste, I feel I understand him better as a character. His motives, thoughts and feelings about the girl who is ruining his life...

I love this... and i love you for writing my favorite fanfiction EVER. :D
blameless nameless chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
Goodness, this was mesmerising! I loved hearing Lucius' thoughts that plainly show how contradictory he's being with himself. Makes me wonder how volatile human emotions are, and how unexpected changes can be. I suppose for Lucius, it's similar...

Thank you for sharing this enjoyable little snippet! It really was an insight into Lucius' mind. :)
Anna chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
Thank you so much for sharing this! I suggested a while ago that this would be fantastic, and as usual, you did not disappoint me. I loved it.