Reviews for Conversation Over Pizza
BiblioMatsuri chapter 4 . 11/4/2012
Now I'm picturing a whole world of Mary-Sues... Ugh.

Funny story. Creepy story. *claps*
BiblioMatsuri chapter 3 . 11/4/2012
Mary-Sue? Really? *groans* Bad, bad pun. Also, marisu is just "malice" with a heavy Japanese accent, not the actual word.

Now where's this going?
GoldenGriffiness chapter 4 . 7/12/2012
That's sorta creepy Ardy... Screw that, very creepy. I can't say I like this fic that much, but your writings as amazing as ever. And we all know me and my love of fantasy action adventure. I also think Rae's a bit OOC here. She just takes things to easily and isn't quite moody enough.
And Robin did not even know he was saying 'I do' at his own wedding? I can't say I approve of that either.
Were you trying to make this based of Q or a joke about Mary Sues? I'm really not sure...
So, as a overall, not a bad fic but not my style either and there's a few things I disapprove of.
Sorry Ard
GoldenGriffiness chapter 3 . 7/12/2012
Okay, I am utterly lost here... Not a huge fan of god-ish characters like that either. Still good writing though, maybe the next chap will clear things up.
Oh, and BB doesn't drink milk so he wouldn't eat real cheese.
GoldenGriffiness chapter 2 . 7/12/2012
I certainly wouldn't trust pizza after their rotten experience with pie. XD
Teens will be teens though. And that was rather unexpected and random, their in our world now? I see problems in the foreseeable future.
GoldenGriffiness chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
Impressive, you did a great job with having them in character.
Chimera385 chapter 4 . 11/25/2011
Ok I love this concept you have a gift my friend I'm gonna read your doctor who crossover next can't wait
MebsTheFiend chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
"...watching in fascinated horror as the corners of Starfire's mouth disappeared behind her earlobes" made me lol. Starfire's been vacationing in the uncanny valley again.
staidwaters chapter 3 . 8/21/2010
I am falling over with laughter here...You've made the whole Mary Sue concept into some kind of philosophical quasi-religious discourse on the nature of reality. In a manner that if you'd used any other word, I probably would have just shrugged and gone with it as another semi-believable fantasy world concept. My hat's off to you.
Isis the Sphinx chapter 4 . 3/28/2010
Supersoakers and vinegar? Slitheen?

Oh, beautiful, simple, and brilliant. Keep writing!
Anon chapter 4 . 12/24/2009
Technically speaking, arent Starfire and Robin not together in the... main DC Universe? What with him proposing to Oracle and all?
bookwyrmy chapter 4 . 8/6/2009
At first I wasn't sure what to think about this fic. It's well written, but also very much a pointless deus ex machina in which the thinly veiled author squees over the cast and tells them EVERYTHING THEY MUST KNOW TO MAKE EVERYTHING BETTERIFFIC. And then I caught on to the 'marisu'.

It's not the worst self-aware sue-fic, but not the best, either. It was going rather well until the lecture and impromptu wedding in the last chapter. The problem I had with that conversation was that it was too much 'tell'. Super-powered author-avatar plonks Titans down for life-altering revelations & self-esteem boost, I can deal with that. The long-winded lecture format though, just didn't work. It's too much of a 'this is how the author thinks things should go, and by yammering at them, voila, there they are!'

I liked the dramatic build-up in chapter 3, though again, the exposition was a bit long-winded and really could have used more than just verbal exchanges on the subject. But the tension is rather wasted in the finale, which is... an ego-bosting lecture. A one-sided talk-fest. Again.

All in all, the fic is alright. I won't rec it, but I won't rave to anyone about how horrible it was. It was just rather heavy on the sue-aspects, and light on the story (re: everyone else). It would have been nice for say, Beast Boy to realize his own worth for himself rather than having it shoved into his face by an amiable stranger who knows all about him. I suppose infodumps are part and parcel of a sue-fic, but it's also an indication of poor pacing.

I have spent most of this review criticizing the fic, but it wasn't badly written. If it had been, I wouldn't have written this huge review for it, I would have moved on and forgotten about it at the first opportunity. But it could definitely be better.
PrettyfulSmilies chapter 4 . 7/19/2009
A great story! Kinda deep, enough to make you think, but still funny, and therefore perfect! I loved the mythology references(I'm as obsessed with mythology as I am with TT. Loki is Norse, Eris is greek, and Puck is from a midsummer night's dream(not from mythology, but cute.) A nice touch of bb/rae and rob/star was the iceing on the cake. Poor Raven, it's so much fun embarassing her, and Robin and Starfire got married, very sweet!. I enjoyed reading this, tanks for writing!
fei.fie.fo.fum chapter 4 . 1/2/2009
nice...

what, did you expect me to say more?

... well this is awkward...

stimulating, in a good way. i liked it for sure. i thank you for providing the read.
General Havoc chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
Excellent work! A lovely retrospective piece.