Reviews for Guilty Pleasures
TheNinaTales chapter 25 . 7/25/2013
I loved this story! It was super creative and my jaw was dropped the whole time! Thanks for sharing it and finishing it, - N. D.
juju chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
This is some of the best writing I have seen on fanfictiction for a very long time!
njdaphne chapter 4 . 6/17/2013
OH. MY. GOD.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
...
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh
joey chapter 25 . 3/20/2013
omg i cant believe this is your first fanfic! it was amazing the best fanfic i hav ever read amd i love it even more each time i read it! thanks for writing it i loved reading your fanfics!
Guest chapter 25 . 12/6/2012
If you weren't gonna end the story as Septimus and Jenna you should have put this story in the Jenna and Beetle category
Guest chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
OMG! I loved it! I'm so glad you decided to put this up! It's awesome!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
Your SO mean... WHY must make a cliffy?!

P.S, LOVE this so far! :D
Mabel Lane Fox chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
I’m not entirely sure how well you’ll remember me; we exchanged a lot of emails and had some rather long and quite deep conversations. Although to be fair it would have been a year ago and then some. But coming for someone who you used to sort of know, I’m really pleased that you’ve re-posted this story; and not just for the content either, but more that I think, or guess, that it means that you’ve made peace with these stories and the point in your life that you were writing them. From the sincerest depths of my heart, I wish you happiness and that fortune smiles upon you in the years ahead. And my words here aren’t ramblings of a stranger, but rather from someone who at one point, albeit some time ago, you were ‘internet friends’ with. This sounds far more convoluted in the retelling .

And onto the story review:

First things first, I could never quite get over how good this story was when I read it the first time; purely because you said at the start it was your first fanfic. And I understand that the basis for writing an epic story comes from natural talent or ‘flare if you’re inclined to refer to it as such, and that I know that you have in plentiful supply. Still I marvel that you wrote something like this on what was proverbially your first shot at writing fanfic. Now you’re such a prolific author on here, that it’s hard to imagine you having but one story to your name…

If I speak entirely truthfully, it’s been such an incredibly long time since I read this the first (second, third and fourth XD) time that I doubt I’m entirely picking up on the subtly changes that you’ve made. Though by no means is your hard work wasted, I’m greatly enjoying re-reading this and the edits you’ve made are no doubt enhancing the reading experience :D You’ve got a way of writing that makes it easy to read. So many stories on here, as well as some published novels, have such clunky expression and everything seems unnatural and forced; like the words have been shoved together into an uncooperative order and been told ‘Oi, make sense’ (think Fifty Shades Of Grey, oh how I loathe that book). You get my drift right? Of course you do Anyway, your sentences just flow of their own accord. The words intertwine to make sentences and in turn they interlock to form paragraphs; everything is so natural, almost as though someone is actually animatedly telling the story to the audience. Suspension of disbelief is immediate and instinctive and the written word, which so often loses the truth of a narrative, is so much more than just that. Of course I now speak of your work in general and not just this piece, though this is where my love for your stories began.

I fear I cannot entirely comment on the plot as yet. You’ve made some plot changes further down the line, no? Well till I reach that point, I must confess that I cannot claim not to know of the overall outcome; unless of course you’ve made more than a few minor plot twists. But despite this, it has been such a long time since I’ve read these words that I find myself being caught up with the excitement that comes when discovering a marvellous story on here for the first time. You know that feeling when all the hours of sifting through some the silt and mud on here and you finally find the ruby that you’ve been searching tirelessly for? That feeling is returning to me now, and I sit here expectantly and hyped up to read the following chapters. Regrettably though, time is against me as I depart for Spain tomorrow and therefore I doubt I’ll feasibly be able to read much more of this what with packing and final preparations to make haste with. Still when I return home to dreary England and the holiday blues come knocking, I’ll have something to lift my spirits and can look forward to having this waiting on fanfic for me.

This review has gone on entirely too long I think, and I apologise for that; can’t promise that I won’t babble and babble and babble when I review the next chapters though I’m afraid. I just have far too much to say; though I remember you telling me that you do like long and thorough reviews so hopefully this is just right
All the best to you, and don’t be a stranger ya hear . It might be nice to maybe chat sometime on here, catch up a lil’ bit? Of course if you don’t remember me all too well then feel free to tell me to find someone else to creep on :D

Love,

Elly x
Jenna Heap chapter 25 . 7/20/2012
Hi! I'm Rose Dawson-Johanna Mason on FanFiction, just too lazy too log in! I just read this whole story and I LOVED it! I'm a bit sad that Jenna and Septimus didn't end up together, but I still really liked this story!
rosetylerandthedoctor chapter 25 . 7/21/2012
This is such an amazing story! I felt like I was reading a sequel to Syren, rather than just a fanfiction!
TheImmortalFairy chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
I cannot describe to you the emotional roller coaster I just went through. I feel as though I truly lived that out and I am now exhausted, but that might also be because it is 4:00AM(I just had to finish reading this!)I think you had Angie's balance of Drama and People vs. Action, well until the last couple chapters(; I cried about 5 times, wait no, 6 including when it ended, reading this. I am going out on a limb here by saying I am like Marcia and never cry, yet your amazing fanfiction has moved me to tears 6 times. I thought this was amazing, though I don't think Marcia would do all that, but it was great to think if she would. I realize now that we all must go back to the books, which have not nearly enough Marcia/Sep, and in which not this many details are given about the characters. Absolute favorite fanfiction . And I've been on here for 4 years now. Thank you. Please don't stop writing.
Magyker chapter 25 . 7/18/2012
You're awesome! I'm not going to write anything that long because other people wrote long things that kind of said the same thing. I just want to tell you that I really enjoyed this wonderful story and that it is one of the most well thought out fics I have read on this whole site so far. Please write a sequel. I'm going to watch for more from you.
Parker Lestrange chapter 25 . 7/17/2012
This is the most amazing piece of SH literature on this site. Were you really only barely fifteen when you wrote this? Someone said you were and that blows me away. Guilty Pleasures isn't without flaws but it is breathtaking. You wove a very complicated plot into a beautiful, neat finish. I just can't even really speak I liked it so much. I especially loved what you did with Marcia's character. She is a complex character in the canon but you made her even more complex by showing her vulnerable side more. I love the relationship she shares with Septimus also. I feel it is captured very well. Another thing too, brilliant little CR, before I let you go. I remember when you came out here last year and many people lashed out at you. You didn't know me because I did not have an account and never wrote to you but I want you to know that your message gave me the courage to come out too. I thought if someone as nice and creative as you could be a lesbian, then it was okay for me to admit that I was one too. Please post more. I missed your work. -Parker
xxmelusinexx chapter 25 . 7/18/2012
YAY! like the slight re-wright. your still an amazing author, I missed your stories and can't wait for re-posts of your other stories if you do.
Lucie Syara chapter 25 . 7/18/2012
Brave Camilla Richard,

I can't tell you how much it means to me that you have begun posting here again. I know much of what you have been through and I have been lucky enough to know your true character during your time on Fanfiction. One of the best parts about joining fanfiction was that I got to meet you. You have left a bigger impression on me than you can possibly imagine. You always had hope, even through your depression and anger. Your stories are wonderful and I think I loved this one, your very first, the best of all. I love what you have done with the characters. Angie Sage writes characters well but you always take them to a whole new level. I can't believe you were barely fifteen when you wrote GP. It is so complex for someone that age. Now you're all grown up and I can't believe it. But more important than your stories was the fact that you encouraged me to be who I am. When you came out last year on fanfiction, I know you recieved a lot of hate and even lost some fans. I remember someone who had seen you even said "You're too pretty to be one of them!" and you were so upset. It took courage to do what you did but you did it anyway. As a result, many lesbians wrote me on my old account and asked when you would come back because they wanted to talk to you. You encouraged so many SH readers that I have talked with to come out. You inspired them. You inspired me too. You may remember that I was mitch simmons, a young man struggling with his identity. I still remember the day you told me I ought to try to be a woman if that's what I really was inside. I took your advice and it has been the best choice I ever made. But CR, you left not long after that and I never got to tell you. When I saw that you reposted GP, I made an account today and read it all over again. It was a glorious walk down memory lane. I am happy to have an account bearing a feminine penname and finally be accepting who I was born to be thanks to you. I read your profile. I am sorry about you and Maria. I recall meeting her and I really liked her. Under her no nonsense attitude, it was easy to see that she was really just a lovable, quirky woman. She really was almost exactly like Marcia Overstrand physically and behaviorally but in my humble opinion, that was a good thing even though you always said it was weird. If it weren't for her and the fact that the character couldn't help but remind you of her, you would never have written for us and I might still be lost today. Regardless, though, I hope you will be happy with Sara. Some part of me can't believe that after all of the shit that happened, the two of you got together but it isn't my business. You and Maria were such a good balance though. You knew how to make her smile and bring out her softer side. But maybe Sara has changed. People do. She sounds like she loves you on her profile and I think that is what counts. I am, however, surprised to know that she was actually a lesbian after she was so critical of you and other members of LBGT. I wish she hadn't been mean but it seems like she was just in denial and grew out of it. Things will be better now, I hope. Thanks for all you did for me. I hope you'll be around a lot again. I am so happy that you have returned that I can hardly see straight.