Reviews for The Mirror of a Bad Dream
HouseBroken chapter 23 . 10/18/2009
loved it
AnglcDmn1986 chapter 4 . 8/21/2009
For a few years my brother was a catholic school attendee when he lived with my aunt and uncle in Philadelphia... I made fun of him shamelessly.

I'm a public school grad, as well, and now it baffles my brother that I'm an anthropology and creative writing major. Mwahaha.

Hehe, I like this so far... your other fic caught my attention, so now I'm browsing your stories.
Megan Sarah chapter 23 . 8/2/2009
Just read this story over the last couple of days...it was truly brilliant. A wonderful story filled with so much emotion & issues. It was great to see Booth's past explored. I loved how you portrayed the relationship between Bones & Jamal. Thank you for taking the time to write it.
kinoa chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
I just got through reading your story. I found it to be very well written. I loved the story and the subject matter. I found it informative and thought provoking.

I am going through much the same thing that Booth did. Instead of physical injury though my injuries were caused by constant verbal abuse and indifference. I won't go into the specifics of the abuse but I will say that I am amazed that I didn't become an alcoholic or drug addict. I must have kept my Guardian Angel very busy.

I am 59 now. In 2003 my mother passed away. In 2007 my father passed away. My brother and I took care of all of our fathers physical needs since he couldn't do anything for himself because of a stroke he suffered 7 years before. Like Booth I came to find that I didn't hate my father because of the way he treated us but I was angry that he didn't allow me to love him as a daughter should be able to love their father. During the years that it took to care for him and until the day he died I just became indifferent.

My mother is the one that I am having a hard time letting go of. Strangely enough we were more like girl friends then like mother and daughter. Because of the length of time between when she first got sick and to the time she died was very short. Unlike my father, there was no time to reconcile my feelings about how my mother treated me.

Your story though has helped me to look at my past again. The only thing that I didn't like is that you didn't tell me "how" to let go.

I myself have also wrote 4 stories for fanfiction. They were all based on Angel though. It's amazing how writting words for a character can help you to release some of your own true feelings.

Thank you and keep up the good work. I have you on my favorite Author alert.
wondercloud chapter 23 . 6/22/2009
I tell you what, this is a long story to read all at once! :) It was different, and I wasn't sure I liked it at first, but I"m glad I saw it through.
Jodie Marie chapter 23 . 6/20/2009
Omg wow.. This story made me cry buckets!

I just sat infront of my computer for three hours and read the entire thing at once. Now im crying.. great, thanks Lol x

I LOVED this story so much.. The last time i cried this much was when i read "The Foster Child in the Forensic Anthropologist".. Loved them both.

You're such an amazing writer, really talented! My favourite author, you evan top Kathy Reichts! okay.. im gonna stop rambling now Lol x

Loved it so much!

x
Rose Aarac chapter 23 . 6/7/2009
I love this story, it was an amazing read. I can't wait to read more from you! Keep up the great work
unequivocal chapter 23 . 5/23/2009
I read this story a few days ago, but I never had the chance to review - I wanted to make up for that now...

I loved this story. Absolutely, absolutely amazing writing; brilliant characters - and I love how you captured Sweets. He really does have the best of interests most of the time.

Of course, your portrayal of interactions between Jamal and Brennan are priceless. Brennan is spot-on in-character, and Jamal is so lovable!

Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to reading more from you.
J chapter 23 . 5/13/2009
I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed this story. Well, like you said, not enjoyed exactly, but been moved by. This was a plot that could have gone very badly in the hands of another writer. How fortunate it was to have found you to give it voice. You dealt with some very heavy themes in a not too heavy handed way, giving them just the right amount of drama, and yet keeping the overall theme of the piece uplifting. You took the characters in new directions, but managed to keep them true. And I must say, their moment of realization was the most perfect I have read here. I was also wonderfully impressed with your use of lyrics to set the mood for each chapter, you managed to find very fitting bits of song. All in all, a wonderful moving peice of work.

Thank you. Very Much. I feel honored to have read it.
Braelyn Rae chapter 23 . 5/3/2009
This story is brilliant, thanks for sharing it with us. :)
MadeOfStars chapter 23 . 4/26/2009
Gah! I had no idea that you were not going to give us the answers! Well, that leaves me free to imagine the ending I think is best (and I am sure that will change, depending on my mood and life experience). Did Brennan take legal custody of Jamal, letting him to go healthier schools while keeping him deeply involved with his biological family? Did she just make financial arrangements to get him into private school (with no residential requirements)? Does Jamal spend time at both homes equally? So many options... One girl I work with now (as her counselor) is being adopted legally (at age 15) but plans to maintain contact with both biological parents and intends on hyphenating her name (biological-adopted). That way, she gets the legal and emotional benefits of her healthy and nice adopted family but keeps the family of origin, with all the love/conflict/history that goes with it.

Overall, this was a great story. Thank you for writing it.
MadeOfStars chapter 22 . 4/26/2009
So I will review this one before knowing for sure what course of action Brennan chose. I truly feel for Talia and her struggles to decide what would be best for her family. I looked into adoption not so long ago and I read something about how some people think of adoption as helping a child get a healthy family or as saving them from a hard, unhappy life, but they never stop to consider what good they could do with the money they would have spent taking this child from the family of origin. If they really wanted to help, they could just give that money to the biological family to keep the family intact and give them a real chance. I am still not sure how I feel about that... Anyway, it is a real struggle either way.

I did really love the Sweets/Booth interaction though. I feel it was genuine and believable and (bonus for a mental health professional like me) made the field look good, the usual presentation in most media and the goofy presentation that Sweets is generally given. Great work!
artsy girl chapter 23 . 4/26/2009
AMAZING! this is the absolutute best fanfiction i have ever read. it captures the characters perfectly, and it's very well written, what more can u ask 4? i love the happy ending 2!

Keep writting!
DobbyRoxMySox chapter 23 . 4/25/2009
Wow, I loved this fic. I just got back from vacation and read the last few chapters, and it totally cured my back to school blues. I love how this fic is not only fun and entertaining, but it also has a really powerful message behind it, which is something fanfic in general usually lacks. All of your fics seem to have that actually, and I applaud you for that. Some things about this one however that I especially liked were:

Booths little speech about hate and love being emotions that are close to each other and not opposites. This was incredibly intuitive and really made you think.

Also, Brennans relationship with not only Booth, but Jamal, who was a great OC with many layers and dimensions. I love how you let their relationship grow over time, so that it was not only extremely believable, but devestating when he left to live with his aunt, and wonderfully uplifting by the end when he came back into Brennans care.

I won't bore you anymore, I just wanted to tell you how much I loved this fic. It's byfar my favorite of yours so far, which is saying something, because I didn't think you'd ever be able to top foster child. So cheers, I'll be looking out for more from you in the future!
mendenbar chapter 23 . 4/24/2009
(Picks up K's soapbox and carries more or less humbly behind...)

Neatly tied up with ribbons and cake for Booth, Brennan and Jamal. Write another?
386 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »