Reviews for The Mirror of a Bad Dream
Ashley055 chapter 23 . 4/24/2009
I cannot tell you how much I am going to miss updates of this story. It's truly one of the best I've ever read. You kept apologizing for 'soapboxing' during your epilogue, but I'm really glad you did. It gave me a lot to think - reflect on, if you will - about my own life, which I assume was your intention. I've realized in the last few months, for reasons I won't bore you with, that I really don't know myself as well as I'd like to think I do, and there were things you said in that last bit that really hit home. More authors should tack that bit onto the end of their stories to enlighten us readers to their thought process and purpose. Thank you for doing that, and thanks, again, for sharing something so wonderful - this is my favourite of yours thus far. I apologize for reviewing so few chapters, but I am absolutely horrid at sending reviews. Forgive me? Know that I am eagerly awaiting anything you may write in the future. Thanks again.

Ashley
deeleigh chapter 23 . 4/23/2009
Wow. Really, I mean WOW. Chapter after chapter I was left breathless. Everything about this story is magic. It is surely one of my favorites - of all time possibly.

You keep them in character while exploring things we may never get to see in the true light. You don't force conversation, which is something I value immensly in a writer.

I felt like I always knew where they were, exactly what it looked like for them. I felt as if I were an unnamed character in the story - like I was physically apart of it.

I falt as if you pegged Booth 100 percent. I don't think I've ever read better insight into his persona.

I love that we got to see a child's perspective on the under belly of society. We rarely get that chance: to see that children, in this case Jamal, are happy with what they have. That all they ever needed was for soemone to love them. For someone to give them a chance.

That is exactly what Brennan wants, and I loved seeing her in Jamal. She has finally gotten a family. Although it is an odd one, I don't think she could ever be happier.

I love it. I also love your taste in music.

You did an excellent job.
bookwormlady chapter 23 . 4/23/2009
I loved this story so much! Thanks for sharing it!
hoodie622 chapter 23 . 4/23/2009
Thank you so much for such a wonderful and involving story. I've followed it the whole way and it has been a wonderful ride! :)
Turbs chapter 23 . 4/23/2009
ok that was not a real chapter...

anyway i loved the story a lot and enjoyed reading it very much! you did a great job!
Turbs chapter 22 . 4/23/2009
such a beautiful chapter! :) and another one to go! :)
XX-Samantha-XX chapter 23 . 4/23/2009
Wow i loved the whole story, it was very well written, i can't wait to see what else you write :)
SunnyKitten chapter 4 . 4/23/2009
Just for the record: 1) I haven't read this fic until it was finished so here I am, and I'm enjoying it so far much more than the "Foster child in the forensic antropologist" (which I adore but it wasn't so much to really enjoy in there - hey, I'm no masochist).

2) Being from another culture, I'm a living contradition in the school/money issue - because my family never had money since my parents' divorce but I've attended the closest thing to a private school there was in Moscow in the eighties. Thanks to the much-blamed Communists, it was free but strictly for "mathematically gifted" children - which I apparently was. And yes, our school was called "Sinagoga" by all the other schoolchildren in the district because about half of our student body were Jews, and we made fun of their struggles with Math, but in the end, we're turned out alright. Even the ones who could never afford a new pair of pantyhose because they cost more than my month's allowance and worn the school uniform outside of the school because it was my only good dress(and it was subsided by the school, so no harm done).

That said, I'll return to the reading, please forgive me my rant :)
duskbutterfly chapter 23 . 4/23/2009
absolutely incredible. You rock my world.

it's bittersweet for us too, we finally get to see the end and find out all of your plans for them but there won't be any more updates. ( Congrats on finishing it. it's a masterpiece.
DarkArts27 chapter 11 . 4/23/2009
I'm going to review now, consider this a pit-stop. I don't know why I never read this, but something made me sit down and read it today (well, what I could anyway). Unfortunately, time ran out, and I have to finish this tomorrow.

I wish I read this sooner, honestly, this was...I don't even know how to describe it. The song choice for each chapter is perfect, the flashbacks are amazing, everything just fits together, like pieces to a puzzle, and makes this incredible. I'll review again tomorrow when I finish, and I look forward to the outcome (even though it's already known by others, I'm not going to ruin it).

Taylor.
ReadingRed chapter 23 . 4/23/2009
part of me can't believe it's really ended. I loved this story as you were writing it, and I'm sure I'll reread it many times. Thanks for such a great addition to the world of Bones fanfiction.
lrigD chapter 23 . 4/23/2009
OK, for some strange reason, your epilogue actually almost brought tears to me eyes. You truly have a way with words!
LAIsobel chapter 23 . 4/23/2009
Hi,

the ending was beautiful... so nice :o)

Thanks for posting this story :o)

Take care, bye,

Isobel
bb-4ever chapter 22 . 4/22/2009
excellent couple of chapters. its good booth was able to admit he still loves his dad excellent that jamal is back where he should be. good ending. look forward to more from you
goldpiece chapter 23 . 4/22/2009
Okay never mind. i thought you were going to have a little more to wrap it up and not comments. Oh well.

melissa