Reviews for JxHQ: Should Old Acquaintance Be Forgot
hervissa chapter 1 . 3/12
The world [the real world] is dark and people kill each other for nothing and there are catastrophies daily.
And it's not nice to be so joyful when a lot of people, even just fictional, died.
BUT WHO CARES
THEY'RE BACK
BACK IN BLACK [and purple and green and red]

Really, as much as I love Bats and how much I ship BatCat, Joker/Harley has a strange kind of magic around it.
...damn, I should probably stop shipping psychopaths. I mean, Bellamort, Hannibloom AND Jokerley? NO REGRETS :D

A really, really nice fic.
Also, nice to see that even the JOker acknowledges the poor animals who get scared every year.

KEEP WRITING :D

hervissssa :)
Gladrial10 chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
I simply love how there was no note of surprise from him at her appearance. Faved.
soserene93 chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
AWESOME!
Dadaismo chapter 1 . 1/15/2009
amazing! stupendous! spectacular! I miss your fics! I hope we get more soon!
Ironic Sun chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
Ah, this is beautiful. Sad, sweet, powerful and amazing. You've really captured the feeling of longing and dependence in the story, and the end is a sort of bittersweet relief. Candy to the sugar craving indeed. I loved it.
BlessedMay chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
Oh boy, I started to freak out when Harley stopped taking her medicine... but hey... what a slam bang finish! Could totally sense the urgency in the story, it was fabulous!
QueenOfDarkComedy chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
Very powerful themes and ending to this story. I felt that the "giving into temptation" was definitely a powerful theme in this particular story. And she so subtly gave into that temptation; the New Year as her clock, counting down the descending back into insanity. The embrace and the explosion at the end reminded me of an explosion she may have had subconsciously. The collapsing of that bridge to sanity. A new year; a new chance to start over. And the progression felt so natural. :) Great job! :D
Georgethecat chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
From Harley "cutting down" on her meds to Joker placing bits of her costume all over her apartment, you've written a perfect Harley relapse. And their meet-up is so charged... *drools*

I've always thought there is highly charged sexual tension between them even when they're not 'tween the sheets.

You've nailed the tragic aspect. Because it doesn't matter if he loves her - she's still his victim. Not in a Stockholm syndrome way, nor an abused wife way, but the fact that he freakin' drove her mad and as long as he is alive she will NEVER be sane. Even when she is sane, I think you've said it before in your author's notes... she's lying to herself.

Even if he died, I could see her bringing his body to a Lazarus Pit rather than face reality.

Is it just me or does your stuff keep getting better and better?
Songxbird chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
Thanks for the new years preasent HAPPY NEW YEARS!
andaere chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
This is beautiful! I know other people have said this, but I really love how Harley slowly slips back into her "Harley Quinn" mindset - forgetting the medication, having the Babies around, and finding little bits of her costume all over (it's so cute that Mistah J was doing that! And a bit stalkerish...). The slow descent makes the story more belivable and more tragic.

But enough of pretending that I'm very sad after reading this! xD I'm so happy that the Joker and Harley got back together again (even though I agree that there definitely is a lot of tragedy involved, too).

Anyways... you write so, so, so well. I honestly don't have any criticism, constructive or otherwise. :)
Hysteric1234 chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
*faint*

Ah lovely! Allow me a few moments of sheer shipping fangirl bliss while I collect my thoughts. P

Ahem, now let's see! I really like how Harley slowly let her guard down; the medication, the panic at seeing her suit placed in such curious places(hehehe), her distraction from work, her adoration of her babies... it all adds up!

Though on the one hand it's sad that Harley lost that normal life and her independance, it'd also be terrible to see her concealing herself behind medications for the rest of her life. So it's a toss up between unhealthy happiness and mediocre (I say mediocre because in comparrison to the highs and lows of their relationship little would compare) normality. She is what she is, and normality is so passe! Or so I keep telling people. P

Either way, I thought it was the perfect way to start the year; thank-you! Hope the new year brings you lots of happiness and joy.
Ikaru Sentinal chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
AHAHAH! Beautiful! XD I loved it! As always you capture the Joker and Harley's insanity perfectly! It's so awesome, it was so subtle. She just slowly forgot some of her medications, and slowly was drawn back into her old self. And she hardly noticed. And obviously the Joker had been there several times...heehee. And it has made my day, the shipper that I am. XD And yes, I can see the tragedy here as well. Harley is gone, Harley-Quinn is back. And the fall was so easy, so subtle...almost sad really. And the Joker, he cares in his own way of course, but does he really appreciate her? He probably does, but he doesn't show it of course, it is not his nature, although if it would benifit his greater plans, then of course he would do whatever needs to be done, be whatever he needs...cause he is manic that way. XD But yes...so awesome.
alocin chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
I love it, love it, love it! I read it once, then I had to go and re-read All I Want For Christmas again with this straight after. They are a wonderfully bittersweet pair. After Mistah J’s incorporeal Christmas appearance I didn’t entirely expect him to turn up for New Years, which made it all the better when he did! (I may have actually emitted a small squeal of excitement – sad, I know.)

Like with Soliloquy and Trip The Light, I spend the whole time willing them back together but also feel a little sad in the end when Harl’s new lives she tried so hard to build come tumbling down with the slightest (but perfectly placed) breath from Mistah J.

The way you write “sane”!Harley (in this and Soliloquy) still taking pleasure in small things but spending most of her time trying desperately to convince herself and everyone else that she’s happy and doing just fine on her own is completely and heartbreakingly wonderful. It makes the elation she feels at the end (even when he’s not even looked in her direction yet) all the more poignant. If I were Dr Leland I would be tearing my hair out though – she’s got the patience of a saint to keep fighting the mismatched battle for Harley’s mind…

And good ol’ Mistah J master of theatrics. I like to imagine he had a look-out with binoculars give him a thirty second warning so he knew just when to pour that champagne for maximum effect.
MK08 chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
Oh my gosh, I LOVED this. I mean, I loved the last one, but you're right. It's not the same unless they're together. I absolutely loved that every day, he hid a little more of her costume around her house. It's subtle, but it just shows that he missed her just as much as she missed him. The ending was perfect, too. Those two are perfect. :)

What an amazing New Year's piece! Wonderful job!

PS- Nice choice of title! :)
KagomeHig715 chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
AWW YES! that's was adorable! and the mistle toe wasn't even needed! OMg I loved it! absolutley loved it...So cute! Especially the end.

This is something I could picture him doing.. All classic and not mushy gooshy even though it was ultrally Romantic!

*sigh*

This was beautiful please continue writing your freakin fantastic and amazing storis!