Reviews for Christmas Remembrances
Dedalo chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
Hi, I just hope you read this, since I'm writting this four years after you wrote this story.

I just want to say two things:

- I think you'v portrayed love, sadness, hope and life in a simple oneshot. You'v found the esence of the caracters, and knew how to use it in this particular and really difficult moment.

- In second place: as you could see, I'm from Argentina. I just love reading all kind of stories, and I found yours. It would be an honor if you let me translate this story. I think spanish talking people deserve a story like this. If youre interested, let me know, and I'll let you know what people think of this story.

Thank you, again, for so brilliant fanfic.

Dedalo *
Hexpert chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
"They might be able to fill your shoes, but no one can ever take your place. Happy Christmas, Fred."

I'm not ashamed to say, I mean write, that I cried since Arthur's moment. You have a way of touching people with your writing. I admire you for that. I can never write drama well enough, I'm more of a humor type of gal.

Anyway, the moments were all touching. Though tears just slipped from my eyes, I didn't actually do a flat-out sob. Thanks for a good read!
gngrlvr1 chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
so sad. I really liked this you captured everyones emotions so well. You made me cry again.
GigglesandShizz chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
absolutly wounderful! ur description is brilliant and i could feel the emotion! wow! i was nearly in tears my-self.

"to fred weasley...finaly pranking it with the marauders!"
Morkhan chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
*gives George a huge hug*

*expands arms, encompasses the entire Weasley family*

Oh, Rowling, you silly, silly woman. You couldn't just give them an intact, happy ending, could you? You had to go and kill one. And one of the really likable ones, too! I reckon the only thing worse than killing one of the Twins would have been killing Ron (I shudder to even think of it). Fred! ;-;

Anyway, enough of my blubbering. This was quite a lovely little story, a nice portrait of Weasley family loveliness complete with all the details that make a story like this so rich. The Weasley jumpers, Percy taking off his glasses and losing his pompousness, the various girlfriends and not knowing whether or not they should go with their men... oh, so sad, but also, so hopeful. Yes, quite lovely. Thanks for writing it!
KelseyBea chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
Ugh u made me cry again! I'm so pathetic! Or u just have great writing! I think it's mainly the last one...

Anyway great story! I loved it! So emotional and exactly what it should be!

Thank u for great stories and keep writing more! I love them and can't wait to read more!

Gr stupid tears making my face all wet and my eyes sting LOL oh well...

Well that's it! Thank u! And please continue!
Bluerain22 chapter 1 . 3/4/2009
aww *on the verge of tears the whole time* that was a very sweet Christmas fic and exactly the way I'd imagine their first Christmas after to be like. I would also like to imagine that Hermione gets out there at some point in time for her own little moment. Happy Chistimas Fred! :)

You did good!
Kelsey TVS chapter 1 . 2/11/2009
wow. that is absolutely amazing. My fried read this a while ago and spent days trying to re-track it down to send it to me. I cried pretty much the whole way through. you have an extraordinary talent for writing, and the atmosphere was especially well done!
Pattox0111 chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
It was so sad and emotional... But it was a great story and I enjoyed, and I also didn't mind that it was late. Actually, a week isn't that much, and maybe one of your family members DID mate with Satan, who's child mated with a dementor, which is just my theory on things, so somewhere in your family tree theres a one-third human, one-third Satan, and one-third Dementor, but I'm pretty sure those genes weren't passed in to you, but your sister seems a tad evil, just a tad...

Pat
allikittenkat1 chapter 1 . 1/15/2009
I loved it!
lemondrop43 chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
Where, oh where, to begin much I LOVED this one-shot! Lets start with the Author Notes, as always, shall we? First, I'm sorry about the crappy beginning to your Christmas! But, since your writing about it (especially the dialogue between your mom and your sister) made me laugh, I think I can safely say that some good came out of it! Plus you were inspired (angered?) to write more, which is good for us Hawk-crack-heads out there!

My favorite line in your Author Notes was this: "Good thing Santa and his reindeer were already done with their mission, or I might have been liable to shoot the jolly fat man down and spend the next year eating deer jerky."

ROFT!

And for some reason, you calling him "the jolly fat man" made me picture Santa as Sydney Greenstreet, you know, "the fat man" from "The Maltese Falcon." Now that's funny!

To continue...

Er, I was teary throughout the most of the story. But that's a GOOD thing and the right reaction to such beautifully expressed emotion. THANK YOU for capturing what that first Holiday is like without the one(s) you love! IT FRIGGIN' SUCKS! It's awful, its beyond painful - ITS LIKE LOSING THEM AGAIN. If you haven't lost someone, you just won't understand. When those first couple of Holidays/Anniversaries/Birthdays roll around you really have to brace yourself for the tidal wave of feelings and memories that will wash over you. And, yes, it does get better with time, but those days will always, always be tinged with a small bit of sadness for the ones who are gone.

And, no, I don't spend the entire day of such days lamenting my lost ones. I just make sure to drink a toast to them. Dad liked Miller (*shudder*) and brother liked rum, so rum it is! Makes me feel better and lighter, too, to remember them and INCLUDE them all the important dates. 99% of the time, I laugh remembering them, their antics, their jokes, etc., etc. But that wasn't so for the first few years after their passing and you captured that very, very well here!

It was Percy's and George's speeches to Fred that got me the most. That feeling Percy had of not have said enough...oh, that's just something else, isn't it? And, what Ginny said about "forgetting" that Fred had died when she went to buy gifts. Spot on. You DO forget because you WANT to forget. As for Harry, you did capture the essence of him quite well here, of his guilt of surviving and wanting to make it right for the Weasleys. I do have to say that I think it would have been him that would have gotten Ginny up from her place at the grave, not Ron. Harry loves Ginny deeply and I don't think he would miss a chance to truly comfort her. Just a quibble, but since your a Ron-o-phile, I understand.

And George! How can you not smile when he said, "Oy, Fred! I see that not even death is an escape from Mum's Christmas sweaters." I was teary at this point and then I laughed. THAT is one of my favorite things about your writing, your talent for evoking such strong, seemingly opposite feelings in me. And in other readers I'm sure!

Of course, I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED what George said about Ron. Just wish had had said it TO Ron. But maybe that will be another one-shot? Hope so!

As always, THANKS. Just enjoyed the heck out of this one!
zsdvnn chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
This was another great oneshot, and i cn't wait to read the new years one, sorry about reading it so late, its just that my email wasnt working, so i had to change it, and sadly, im deciding to gie up on my own story, its just too hard to keep writing! Now i know how you feel, bu anyways,keep up the good work, and i can't wait for the 2nd part of the last chapter f the best fanfic inte world (aftermath)!
Ammiel chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
Beautiful and touching. Loved the idea; and seeing each Weasley (including the lovely mention of the in-laws) starting their own family tradition.

Aw, Family. Can't live with or without them.

Beautiful job.
CutewithAcapital-Q chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
HOOLY shit! that is one emotional roller coaster I was just on!

oh, FYI I'm back!

Well first I read everything you sent me and I read your two part chirstmas extraziganza! I laughed and I gawked at the ridiculousness. and the peice really just speaks for itself.

THIS! this I was not expecting I was imagining lighthearted chirstmas fluff, but this! that was very intense, very good and very sad.
kareem33 chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
Well, first off your story was an excellent and touching story, and I especially liked the idea of each family member giving Fred they're own Christmas wishes.

As for your family's changed plans, well what can one really do...

Family, can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em...no seriously, put the gun down...I'm no Biblical scholar or anything, but I'm pretty sure there's something in there against killing people or some such.