Reviews for You have to live
Rizzo's Princess chapter 1 . 4/12/2015
I'm literally sobbing! How could you!?
Wildweasel chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
Gee, I just found out your story. Tho it's really sad and I cried it waswell written and full of emotions. Good job! I loved your image with the wind:). WW
shortcake2 chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
that was so sad, but really good.
claudhopper chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
okay this doesn't happen often but i felt a knot in my throat it was the size of an apple. i may have cried a bit. but it was really good. :)
hammer227 chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
I am not crying, no really i'm not...i swear *hides tissues and wipes tears* Beautiful story!
ShylohJaye chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
Oh, wow. Probably the most emotionally tense one-shot I've ever read.

Great fantastic job!
charlii chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
really good story.
BAUMember chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
sad but very good bless stella she would be lost wi out mac great story xx
lily moonlight chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
Oh wow. That was good, very good, but terribly sad. There was so much emotion in this, o much feeling, and it was intense to read. you certainly write tragedy very well, but I liked especially how at the end, despite the terrible, pointless death of Mac, there is hope and that he can still 'speak' to Stella and tell her that he wants her to love. The ending was excellent, Stella is strong enough to live, even without someone she loves, and had loved.

Even though it was short so tragically, you wrote the love between them and the force of emotions very well. It was heartbreaking to read the moment of Mac's death, coming so suddenly and so avoidably. they were heard to read, but the descriptions of the moment he knows he is dying, and both tell each other how they feel were very powerful. you captured the moments very well with descriptions such as the 'flurry' of sirens and everything suddenly seeming to lose colour when Stella knows he has gone. Very good reactions inthe way you described them of the team; I could see Hawkes being silent in his grief, and Danny and Flack both expressing theirs physically. This was a tremendous descriptions of Stella's grief, 'In the flurry of sirens police officers and EMT’s, it seemed one noise was heard above everything else. A broken scream, full of grief, which seemed to shake the ground beneath them with the intensity of the pain. “Mac!”'

The structure was really effective too, beginning with beautiful descriptions that made me feel as if I was there in a cold church, and then the memory of what has happened. It had a sort of dreamlike feel to it, and I loved the elements of things not quite real as Mac's voice is hears, and STella finds herself led to his grave. then his voice at the end, and the affirmation of life. Beautifully done for both their characters and very well written. I hope you write some more Mac/Stella, it would be great to read.
sterra-kyra chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
a great story but so sad...
BlueEyedAuthor chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
omg, good story but i came pretty close to crying.
MacTaylorsgirl88 chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
Wow, that was great! You had me crying the whole time. I love the way you ended it with him talking to her. Wonderful story!
chrysalis escapist chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
Not just a tad bit depressing, I have tears in my eyes! But so well written! Really amazing piece of work, I could feel Stella's pain and how it blocks out everything else, and the hope she somehow tries to nurture. The flashback was fantastic. So poignant that the guy hadn't meant to. And how Stella perceives things then, great thought about what could be replaced. And Mac's attempt to hold on just that little bit longer, I'm so glad he managed to say what he had to say. I really liked how you described the reactions of the team through her fragmented memory. And I loved how she knows in a way that she's not alone in this, that the team is going through similar pain, and of course the wind. I'm sure that a part of him is still with her and trying to help her through this and I'm sure that he'd really want her to live, and I loved how she nods at the end.