Reviews for Winds of Change
cheride chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
“Trust me, Hardcase, if I’ve got the new and improved version, then something tells me I was better off not having met the prototype.”

I love that bit. And I love the idea that it's all taken perfectly in stride as jest at this point in the relationship, when earlier it might've carried a slightly more truthful undertone. I like seeing them just sit back and talk; share their ideas; think about things. It's a nice look at two friends sharing a holiday.

Thanks, and happy new year.
JeanneZ84 chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
Well I must say this was another feel good story of just these guys just talking and relaxing leisurely.

As I have told you writing I love these kind of are truly very special to read.

I liked how the each talked about there past New Year's Resolutions and I thought it was so funny when Hardcastle remarked of the one he had made years ago about calming his temper down an Mark made that snappy comment.

This was so warm and it showed how much this two friends care about each other and have fath in one another.

JeanneZ84
Georgi1961 chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
Oh...I loved it! You know me, I just love the intimate little conversations and the author's allowance to eavesdrop.

Everything about this was great. Their comfort in finally being able to bring up the "taboo" subject of prison, the humor, “I resolved not to kill you before ‘indefinitely’ came along,” and the support.

Yeah, just loved it.

THANKS...and happy new year!
L.M.Lewis chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
This story following right on the heels of the "Fat City" epilogue provides a satisfying contrast-the difference that the passage of time has made in the relationship. It's a mood piece that suits today perfectly. The guys' pensiveness fits so well with the turning of the year.

I join with Owl and Pilot in hoping for more where this came from.
302pilot chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
Lovely. So descriptive, I could feel the breeze. Loved the visual of McCormick messing with the label on the bottle, and his response to the judge's resolution about controling his temper was perfect. What a comfy place he was in, knowing that he was_finnally_ on the right path and headed in a direction that was positive, especially after so many wrong turns. and how nice that he realized it and took the time to delight in the knowing. There are just so few moments in this life where you can just look around and say 'wow. I'm in a realy good place' and just breathe. Thanks for letting us eavesdrop on a great conversation.

And if I may be so bold-I, too, echo Owl's request for your resolution this year-please do write more!

Thanks for sharing and a happy, healthy New Year to you!

CB
owlcroft chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
Beautiful! These quiet talks between the guys are just wonderful, and you've captured them perfectly. Lots of great lines here and the ending is one to cherish. I did love the toying with the label bits, too, which help so much to fill in the mental image.

I can't tell you how glad I am to see a new story up here with your name on it. How about a resolution from you to write many more in the coming year? Many thanks for sharing this New Year's Eve treat with the rest of us. Happy 2009!