Reviews for The Library at Shipwreck Cove
FreedomOftheSeas chapter 18 . 10/10/2011
My favorite part about this one shot is that it feels as though I could hear Barbossa actually speaking these words. It has this feeling of it being an old wise tale, a sailor's warning to those who don't understand and realize the danger of the creatures within the deep.

Your descriptions are beautiful and vivid as always :)
Stutley Constable chapter 18 . 6/9/2011
For being a woman you seem to grasp the wariness of men when dealing with those of your kind. ;)

I can picture this scene pretty well. I can see the scowl on Hector's face as he broods on this subject. And I think you have captured the nature of his thoughts in such contemplation. No surprise there. You know your Caspian Lord better than most, I think.

Nicely done.
Hijokugei chapter 6 . 6/6/2011
Barbossa is SUCH a creepy bastard. FANTASTIC.
Jennifer Lynn Weston chapter 18 . 6/6/2011
' ... and any pirate worth his salt knew enough to be wary of females of any sort.'

Barbossa is a sharp cookie.
goldenpuon chapter 2 . 6/5/2011
I really liked this. You nailed back down perfectly here. It is totally like him to give a round-about, complex command no one would understand! lol Nicely done!
mrspencil chapter 18 . 6/5/2011
Nicely done; interesting to get Barbossa's point of view on events, with desire for revenge outweighing the risk, and some musings on his reaction in general to the female of the species. Thank you:)

MrsP:)
Evangeline Evergreen chapter 8 . 5/30/2011
Squeal! I love Turk! I need to find a Theodore Robert Kempthorne the third, do you know where to look? ;)
mrspencil chapter 17 . 5/29/2011
I would have expected nothing less of Captain Barbossa. Playing with a " magic sword" did not strike me as fitting his character, and pride would compel him to ditch such an item. Nicely written:)

MrsP:)
ForeverACharmedOne chapter 17 . 5/23/2011
Wow, amazing job! I never even considered the thought that the sword could be in a sense, something that controls Barbossa. Well done! :D
Jennifer Lynn Weston chapter 17 . 5/22/2011
Aye, it will be interesting to see what Barbossa will do next. I'm already looking forward to PotC #5. :)
Stutley Constable chapter 17 . 5/22/2011
Dark, brooding and full of grim observations. Very much like the Caspian Lord himself. I really like your your comparison of Tortuga and the pirates with a flame and moths. I could see Hector acting in just the way you describe.

This only partly makes up for that so called fic you sent me the link to. There is still a debt to be paid. ;)
Miria chapter 17 . 5/22/2011
Hey! Great one-shot, this one. It reflected the thoughts I had after seeing the OST movie last week; would Barbossa be happy with the Queen Anne's Revenge or would he after all start searching for the Black Pearl. I especially loved the last phrase of this one-shot. Gotta love Barbossa and his hat! ;)

Btw, I'm glad to find out that you're finishing another chapter of ARAT! I'm desperately craving for all kinds of great Barbossa-related fanfic after seeing Geoffrey Rush own the screen in OST (and basically saving the whole movie for me...)
FloatingPizza chapter 17 . 5/22/2011
That one-shot was amazing and just made the fourth movie ten times sweeter. I can't say as I enjoyed it too much, Barbossa seemed a good bit OOC sometimes, but regardless of that you're a terrific writer and can capture the old pirate we love very, very well. Arrr!
ChaosandMayhem chapter 17 . 5/22/2011
Whoa! That was short, sweet, and intense! Good ol' Barbossa, back to his piratey ways!

"...if he'd thought the Caspian Lord a poor threat after Barbossa had weathered ten years of a soul-withering curse, and all that had followed, Blackbeard had either been even more full of himself than anyone thought, or sadly misinformed."

That's a fair point. Blackbeard should have realized that a man who spent ten years relentlessly restoring a cursed treasure isn't going to think twice about hunting down him down. Should've thought that one through, Ed. *clucks tongue*

Anyways, a lovely drabble that proves Barbossa doesn't need two legs or a fancy sword to be the most badass rogue on the Seven Seas. :)
Tarlea chapter 16 . 11/8/2010
Oh I LOVE this. Not only Bootstrap's introspection but also Jack's calm acceptance of his fate. And at the same time you've woven in a sort of hurt into Jack's demeanor, one that I'd never really considered before. Well done! So glad to be back reading your delightful work! :)