Reviews for Between Night and Day
Animecartooncomicgirl chapter 1 . 11/14/2013
holly SH!T I'm speechless never saw that coming yet something tells me the clan WILL still be killed
Shadowchild28 chapter 6 . 2/1/2012
It's not right for the European government to give ISP's permission to spy on people and report their activities. That is literally taking away free speech. People could be put in prison just for writing stories based on their favorite movies and TV shows? Of all the nerve!
James Birdsong chapter 5 . 7/24/2010
Good four chapters. Good story.
NinjaSheik chapter 5 . 7/18/2010
So, you've heard of it, too?

Well, I'm looking forward to the extended scene of this saga.
murdrax chapter 4 . 6/24/2010
ohh you are so evil leaving it hanging there get a flaming torch and leads angry mob :-P
NinjaSheik chapter 4 . 6/23/2010
LOVED IT~!
Caellach Tiger Eye chapter 4 . 9/24/2009
Well, what can I say ...

I thoroughly enjoyed this entire readthrough, truly I did. There were a number of surprises and twists which I didn't expect to see, but you played them out so very effectively I couldn't help but enjoy them. Your broadening of the Wyvern Clan was marvellous to behold, no matter that they didn't all recieve names in it - you included all the canon members and more, and that's enough for me to be contented.

The central premise of the story actually threw me for a loop, I must confess. When the first chapter finished, I was guffawing - mixed with a strange sense of delight. The idea of Goliath marrying Princess Katherine to ensure peace was played out so effectively and believably that I can't be angry with it. You dealt with all the moral questions rather well, and made it work.

Furthermore, I truly admire your characterisation throughout the story. You've been able to juggle a reasonably-sized cast of three-dimensional characters like an expert - though some seem undeveloped, they were not the focus, and in the end, ALL the characters were maturing throughout. I particularly liked your portrayal of Katherine - her slow, painstaking realisation about the Gargoyles being rather equal to humans was handled with such humility AND humanity that I found her the best and most believable character of the lot. She went from looking like a spoiled, racist brat, to a somewhat frightened woman, to indignant, until her prejudices were mellowed out, making her a much more compassionate and likeable individual. Goliath, too, was well-developed - from his reluctance, to his commanding her out of frustration and duty, to his irritation with most everyone, to his respect, everything was very well-developed about his character.

The major supporting characters were also given good development - the Magus most of all, but also the gargoyle who would be Demona in one reality. The Mentor (Hudson), the Captain (I prefer him when he doesn't betray his own people out of spite!), and the Trio were also used very effectively. You also used Constantine and the mages as very effective villains - a chill went down my spine when Prince Maol Chalvim was turned to stone (I'm glad it was still possible to restore him), and I found them well-used if underdeveloped - after all, it wasn't your aim to give them all tragic and sympathetic backstories, so I forgive that. Constantine's fate - a pathetic way of dying - was well-played - and the mages becoming what they indended to do to him ... talk about Lord Irony, why don't you?

Well ... if I go on any longer I'll just be ranting. Let me finish by praising your description - it NEVER felt overbearing - and your construction of sentences and paragraphs. Just try not to use too many question-marks or exclamation-marks - it looks unprofessional. And in the future, try to avoid 'scene titles' - they don't flow well in writing a novel, and can look rather mechanical.

Priase be to your highly original idea, and how well it was executed. I will keep my eyes open for any future works of yours which might interest me.

gODSPEED!
Gryphinwyrm7 chapter 4 . 3/3/2009
I liked it. I figured the marriage would eventually be anulled. I kinda had hopes that the Princess would finally see the Magus for what he was...

I had a relationship that was extremely similar to Katherine and the Magus's...the guy she married was even named Tom. Go figure.

Very good. I hope there's more, but if not that's cool too, it was a decent stoping point.
lilyoftheval5 chapter 4 . 1/24/2009
What a lovely AU. Thank you so much for writing the story.
keflower chapter 3 . 1/19/2009
Can you give me some detail of the story? :D I would like to know what will happen next. Only a little detail. Please... :D

The story is great. I can't wait to read the next chapter.
wonder girl chapter 3 . 1/16/2009
this is a really great, well written story! it has a lot of detail, especially keeping to the original "real" storyline. keep up the great work! can't wait to see more!
murdrax chapter 3 . 1/16/2009
ohh the magus is gonna be pissed when he learns those mages screwed with her mind and goliath well those mages better know how to run fast lol!
keflower chapter 2 . 1/11/2009
I'm flower, I've changed my nickname.

I can only repeat myself.

The story is fantastic.

Continue it please soon!
murdrax chapter 2 . 1/8/2009
hmm very interesting chapter really curious to see what happens next!
flower chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
Your story is fantastic. I hadn't read any similar story yet.

Will Katherine hate more the Gargoyles, especially Goliath? Or will she like he in time, perhaps love? And what will Demona do if she will know the prince last will?

I think this story is very interesting.

I hope you continue it soon. Please, please, please...

Sorry for my grammar mistakes. English isn't my native language.

I write from Hungary.