Reviews for Conversations on My Boat
alix33 chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
"Gonna tell me about it, Probie?" "'Bout what?" "What's been gnawing the inside of your gut for the past two weeks?" "Could be this excuse for alcohol that you insist on drinking" He looked at the bottle of beer in his hand with disgust. "Damn, Mike. Can't you at least keep some bourbon around?" - Hehehe.
"Jen was a damn good agent, Mike. Still is" "Didn't say she wasn't. Would have been disappointed if she was, seein' as how you trained her." "Just like you trained me" "Don't you go forgettin' that either" - AW! I am going to miss Mike, now I have finally seen season 9 on my DVDs and especially "Life before his eyes", which I watched twice (South Africa is a little behind things; they do not call it the Third World for no reason!).
"I'm obviously not as well acquainted with her ass as you are. Can't form a fair opinion. Unless, of course, you care to tell me a…" - Hehehe.
"Too late now, Boss" "What in the hell is wrong with you?" Mike's tone was sour. "Too late for what? Shannon's gone, Jethro. Jenny isn't. Doesn't seem too damn complicated to me!" He pulled out his pole and stowed it next to Jethro's. He stalked to the helm and started the engine. "Why are you pissed at me, Mike? I told you that she was the one who left—not me!" "She came back" "For the job, Mike. Not for me" There won't be any 'off the job', Agent Gibbs. Even after a year, it still stung. "You ever ask her why not?" "Not in so many words" Mike snorted in derision. "Call me a little disappointed." "How do you figure that?" "Never pegged you for a coward, Jethro" Neither man said another word as the boat was turned towards home." - Hehehe, always ready to call a spade a bloody shovel, is that Mike Franks.
"Mike began the discussion he had been hoping to avoid. "Good letter from Washington?" Mike was trying to keep his tone light. "Okay. Abby says DiNozzo is drinking real coffee and smacking people on the back of the head" "Sounds like you trained him well" "Yep." He didn't add anything else that Abby had written in her letter. About how the team wasn't the same without him. How the Director hardly ever came out of her office anymore. He tried not to think about his team. Or Jenny. Tried not to think about them. Wasn't doing too well on that point. "Your lady Director askin' you to come back yet?" "Nope" - AW!
"A motor boat passed them about fifty yards off, gunning its engine. The engine backfired, sounding like a gunshot across the water. Instinctively, Jethro reached for his weapon—which was no longer there. "Took me about six months to stop doing that" Mike remarked. "Still do some target practice. Just to keep from getting' rusty. Not much else to shoot at. Unless you want to go looking for trouble" "Careful. Might think that you miss it" "Havin' some punk trying to shoot me full of lead? What do you think, Probie?" Gibbs smiled. He should have seen that one coming. What he didn't anticipate was Mike's next comment. "Miss it a little every damn day" "Really?" "Wasn't totally honest when I saw you in the hospital. Sure, part of me doesn't want anything to do with the mess the world is in. Goin' to hell in a hand basket if you ask me. I just don't want to know how fast. I miss how things used to be. Before everyone became so 'politically correct" Mike's voice dripped with sarcasm, "Ha! Just a nice way of lying through your teeth to cover your ass. Time was we could shoot and field questions and do paperwork later. Bet now you have to fill a request in triplicate just to use the head." "Something like that" "Question is, do you miss it?" Jethro didn't answer right away. Did he miss it? "Some things" "Nice feeling putting the dirt bags away, huh?" Mike smiled, "I miss making them squirm when they know you've got 'em and they can't find a way out. The joy of civilization." - AW!
"That Director of yours must be one hell of a woman" Jethro smiled at his mentor, not bothering to correct him about his use of Jen's title. "You have no idea, Mike" He felt a twinge in his groin. He and Jenny had been matched on many levels. Sex was just one of them. He had never been with a woman who was so sure of herself. Jen was demanding: asking, giving and taking until they both lay panting and satisfied. Shannon had been loving and passionate, but Jen leaned more towards unpredictable and insatiable. "Not too late, Probie. You still have a chance" "Maybe you're right, Boss" "You doubting me, Jethro?" "No, Sir." - Yay! for Gibbs admitting he still has a chance.
AW, that flashback to Shannon and Kelly was sweet.
As was the Positano flashback.
ltjvt1026 chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
I'm in work and bored, so I've been skimming the archive. Ran across this story. As a guy who's written a Mike Franks story or two, I've just gotta say, BRAVO ZULU! This was really good and I'm glad I found it. Have a great weekend.
lt
TheBreakfastGenie chapter 1 . 3/1/2011
I thank you for this. I too have often wondered about those conversations. You did a marvelous job writing them. Thank you. JIBBS!
JibbsGal1 chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
LOVED this! You're a really great writer. Love your Jibbs stories! As everyone else has said, you've done a fantastic job of filling in the blanks.
AliyahNCIS chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
i like : ) i was curious about what they might've talked about too. you write both Franks and Gibbs very well, very on character. i'm impressed. well done. thanks!
bertilakslady chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
This is great! And Mike's "voice" is absolutely spot-on. Really enjoyed it, thank you :)
Jibbs4ever chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
I loved the comparison of Jenny & Jethro with oil & water, just fits them so well.

Liked your interpretation of this little missing scene
JustCallMeMarly chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
I LOVED this. I always wanted the show to delve a little deeper into those missing conversations. And Mike telling Jenny that made the ending of JD so much harder to bear because we just DIDN'T know what Gibbs' feelings were. Still don't, really.

I know that MANY people have said that Jenny is truly dead & gone (Lauren Holly, too), but I can only hope/wish/pray that everything hadn't been tied together so neatly at the end (like Kate's death had been) because they didn't want to put Jenny's character all 6 feet under. And I still like to think that the disease thing was just a diversionary tactic... ;)

Anyways. 'Nuff rant. I really really loved this. I've always loved the dynamic between Mike & Jethro. And Mike & Jenny. So, this was a very nice read to come across.

Thanks for posting!
Shailee-Sue chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
Wow... I loved it. I've always liked Mike, and like you, I was curious about what exactly Gibbs had told him about Jenny. A lovely theory and one I personally enjoyed a great deal.

Thanks for sharing,

Shailee )
Hannah chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
You are awesome! that left me wanting more. so much more. Not just of Jibbs but of the whole team. Is there any chance you'd keep writing? great work )
yoeman.prince chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
Beautifully done! Wonderful job with Gibbs and Mike. You write them so well! It's so lively and accurate. Thanks for the awesome piece!
wormholekitten chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
O-M-G! I just found this story, and now I wish I'd saved my first review ever for this. W-O-W! This is seriously awesome. I'm gonna have to check out your other stories too. I hope they're all this amazing.

Thanks for writing!

WK
thestylus01 chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
I really enjoyed this story, and I thought you did an excellent job of capturing the interaction between Franks and Gibbs.
VerityFrancesB chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
that was...well actually, there isnt a word that describes that accurately. But here are some that are close...awesome, spot on, brilliant.

Amazing hun, I have always wondered about those conversations, and you hit the nail on the head!

Really well done!

V!

xox
DancesWithPassion chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
That was awesome! I really enjoyed it :)

I can really imagine that this is what these conversations were like. Way to go!