Reviews for The Price You Pay
Potterworm chapter 3 . 7/13/2009
Awesome story. Really, really in character for them.
arbitraryink chapter 3 . 1/8/2009
What a nice ending :) I'm glad that Nate was able to work past all the bitterness and is ready to try again. Those two were meant for each other... and I'm so happy to see the little bit of Eli/Maggie you threw in!

It was a nice read, and I would love to see an epilogue.

Best,

Jess.
JMFearless chapter 3 . 1/7/2009
This is really well done. You have a talent for capturing the emotions and feelings of the characters. You'll be a great writer someday.
Imzadi chapter 3 . 1/7/2009
I really hope that Nate & Beth and Maggie & Eli will get together. They are both wonderful couples. Eli is right-Nate & Beth need to talk. I hope they can work it out.

How about an epilogue? Please?
Mirajane Scarlet chapter 3 . 1/7/2009
For some reason, the words 'the dark side of acupuncture' make me laugh. Acupuncture seems like the kind of thing that really shouldn't have a dark side.

And I like the discussion between Nate and Eli with Eli admitting that he doesn't want to end up alone. I like the way you worked that idea into the scene better than the way it was actually brought up in episode 2x09. In the actual episode it seems a little forced, but the way you wrote it, it just seems natural.

And I like how Maggie shows up, but you don't go into details on what happens between her and Eli. I really don't like that she wasn't in what was the last episode. I think it was the last episode. It's hard to tell. I wish all of this fic had been added to the last episode, or was added into an episode. Well, really, I'd like for the show to continue...

But I am sad this fic is over. I hope you write some more Eli Stone stuff in the future!

-Princess-
Mirajane Scarlet chapter 2 . 1/7/2009
I think you spelled it wrong. I think it's Narhachi, not Nurhachy. But other than that, this is fabulous. And you dealt with what happened at the end of the show (*sigh* it makes me sad to even acknowledge that the show is over...) really well. I know next to nothing about medical stuff, but it all sounded good and you used just the right amount of drama. Both chapters, so far, have been very true to the style of the show. So that's awesome.

And is this fic sort of centered around Nate dealing with things or is it just these two chapters that feature his point of view? Either way, this is awesome.

Please update soon!

-Princess-
arbitraryink chapter 2 . 1/5/2009
Here's the Nate we know and love. Quick to worry, quick to temper. His struggle with trying to understand why Eli would have put himself in that position is just another reminder that the two brothers are so very different from each other.

I hope to read more soon!

- Jess
Imzadi chapter 2 . 1/5/2009
Do you have some medical training? You do a good job on the hospital scene. I like Nate, and I can feel for him. It's a shame all around. Poor Frank. Even though he didn't do it, he has to feel guilty. This is really great.

BTW-I noticed the doctor had a "cool, slim hand." Is she pretty too?
singyourmelody chapter 2 . 1/4/2009
Just when I think I can't love Nate anymore, you write another fabulous chapter showing the awesome person he is. The Stone brothers really are good stock.

I am, however, still trying to pretend that Beth married Nate and that they are happy together, while we wait for new episodes. . .

Thanks for giving us your story to tie us over (I am also fervently believing that we will see all of the episodes. I suppose I am a dreamer. . .)

Great work. :)
JMFearless chapter 2 . 1/4/2009
This is a good story. You capture the characters really well. I hope to hear more soon.
rajen48 chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
That was amazing. Continue, please.
singyourmelody chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
Ahh. . . I love that you are willing to take the crap that this show has been giving us lately and try to make something good out of it. As if the last episode wasn't bad enough (Eli: I'm so lonely!), this past week's was insufferable and like you said before, completely inconsistent. Beth suddenly is in love with Eli? What? Did I accidently hit the remote and flip over to General Hospital? C'mon writers! And this show better come back. I know they filmed more episodes, but I fear that they are never going to air them and our last memory of Eli will be with a bleeding nose. Sigh.

Anyway, enough griping from me. Onto your story: I really like the descriptions of the characters. You always make them seem real. Even when they are put in less than realistic settings. I also loved your Eli/Maggie Christmas story. Soo sweet! Keep up the good work! I fear this may be the only way we can find a happy ending for our characters!
Imzadi chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
I guess Beth could have felt like this, but why did she wait until her wedding day to find out? Poor Nate. He deserves so much better. If they do get together, there will always be a question in his mind, especially if Eli were to die. I'm really sorry for what could have been a wonderful couple (make that family).
arbitraryink chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
This was also nice; your take on THE conversation between Nate and Beth was, I think, very realistic. But I just don't know if Nate would be so forgiving, especially as it took that long for Eli to speak to him in the first place.

What a way to end that last episode... I can't wait to find out what's going down with Eli and I'm eager to see if things are going to pan out the way you predicted in this fic!

Cheers,

Jess.
princessdeleon chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
OMG thankyou! I love it so much, real closure is coming yay! BTW do you know whats going on with the real show? I heard they filmed 13 and the 13th was gonna be a closure episode... But then i also read that nonew episodes with air after the 300th...