Reviews for Rise
cela chapter 1 . 1/24
it is stories like this series that will keep eric and sookie alive forever. they are a more modern version of Heathcliff and whats-her-name! love these stories.
Lovetb chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Extraordinary!
jorry chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
love the story. can't wait to read more.
Mistress-Cinder chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
Wow! I love this Sookie POV! In this version, she knows he loves her, but she also knows he is fighting it. Nothing like dying & coming back to put things in perspective. But really, what else could Pam do? I really don't think she could sit back & let Sookie die.
tabby1249 chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Absolutely riveting...thank you!
Dizzyxx chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
Wonderful Sookie POV. She had no doubt in her mind that he loves her. He adores her... She is his world. They let each other go in order to protect each other... *tear*
luvvamps chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
WOW! You really have a way with words.
siobhan.22 chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Great.
deletedid chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
I bet Sookie's super pissed
Nyah chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
Wow. So many writers attempt to write scenes fro multiple perspectives and it just becomes tedious. This is how it's done. I love that the first three parts were different, slightly overlapping parts of the same scene. I love that all the angles finally added up.
Aphrothena chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
If only they had been so verbally honest with their feelings, things wouldn't be so difficult. You know how to poke with emotions...I'm crying like a baby.
nycsnowbird chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
“... a spark landing deep in a forest dry as bone ...”

You’ve used this earlier and I like the visual. I like the idea of a raging forest fire representative of their love, something that cannot be tamed and threatens to overwhelm them both.

“Then, I burst into flame from the inside out. I was on fire with love. And then he woke up.”

Consumed by her desire and emotion, which I infinitely prefer to what I grasped from the actual book. This is piercing in its distress.

“If I listened long enough, his mind always brought him back to that first incendiary spark, that love.”

Exquisite.

...”he would have seen that my book was actually an old Southern Living collection of dessert recipes.”

Ah! Is this a mistake? Was there more than one book? You mention Eric referring to the book in his POV. Maybe he was just observing it on her blanket and hadn’t picked it up to read?

“I felt the reignition of that burning ache of missing him that had always been at the back of my mind. Since Dallas, Jackson? Since that January? Since always.”

Tender. Touching. “Since always.” Gush!

“Though I can’t hear the words I feel them bouncing madly inside the walls of his mind.”

This is sheer poetry! I love your drama that is so pictorial!

I relish how you have written them both telling each other, silently, that they love one another because they cannot say it aloud and still keep to their agendas.

“We speak and fight, our words jabbing each other like knives.”

So wonderfully graphic.

“I always protect my assets. Wow. He was really going for it. I had to admire his commitment to what he thought was the right path.”

You really write heartache so poignantly.

“I felt the hum of my lover rise into panic and knew he was coming as surely as I knew he would be too late.”

This just clutched at my heart with its sadness.

“Eric, my love. My heart. I always wondered how I felt in his brain, how my presence through the bond manifested itself.”

I LOVE this articulation. In both stories, from his view and from hers, they are both wondering what they were to each other.

I feel like a fluorescent light flickering on, illuminating a vast room and leaving the corners in the dark.

Maddeningly wonderful metaphor.

Lately, as I read and reread your stories, I find myself lacking the coherence to express how madly I adore your words. I find this story so touching, so stirring, so expressive. My words fail me to tell you how much I enjoy your stories.
Sheena dmented chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
I love the way you write. Waiting for next story.
vampiremadness chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
very good and interesting write. reading the stories the 2nd time round. thanks so much!
Chrissy123 chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
wow its weird that they know they love each other but still try to fight it even though their love/bond connection is strong. The ending was great very intriguing.