Reviews for A New Era
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
Aww, so sad. I liked the part where Watson was holding Holmes when he went.
Frenchaccro chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
What a well written, moving and tactful story. I like it very much.
Socrates399 chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
Well, you made me cry, too.
OneDarkandStormyNight chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
Naturally, I joined so many others in tears by the end. Our poor Watson! Thank you for this lovely work!
doctorjay chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
no words for this one...:(
Monty Twain chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
When Watson cried, I cried. Gargh.. *needs to read fluff*
QueenOfHearts3 chapter 1 . 3/18/2009
ok, youve officially made my favorites list with this one *sniffles* gah, that was tragic. in only the best sense, of course. really, for Holmes to die... its almost too much to take in. hes human and never had the healthiest of lifestyles, but it just seems wrong for him to actually snuff it. painful for Watson, but im glad he was there in the end. beyond death and all that... scuse me while i cry
elfmaiden4legs chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
Beautiful story! Simply beautiful! Well done for writing this!
iloooveinuyasha1 chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
Of all the deathfics I have read, this one is one of the best.

All are sad of course but this one is so moving, I can see now why you cried writing it.

What criticism could one possibly write? Only that it is too vivid.

Watson's emotions and Holmes' calm yet childlike demeanor bring the fic to life.

So beautiful, I love it, especially the end.

Iloveinuyasha1
Pompey chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
(blink, blink . . . Kleenex . . . blink)

Somewhere in the back of my mind was the notion that all that shag tobacco would catch up to Holmes someday. I know you implied it was a cardiac disorder but it's not stated outright . . .

after everything, Holmes deserved a peaceful death in surroundings that he loved with Watson by his side. And it was a very sweet and gracious good-bye note he left.
AmatorLinguae chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
Sad, but very beautiful. I think the part that really got to me was when he couldn't say goodbye to his bees. And Watson greeting his gravestone.

Understated, very moving emotion, and Holmes kept in character right to the end. Their conversation was very touching without being demonstrative, which I think is exactly what Doyle portrayed as well.

I don't usually like deathfics, but I've made a definite exception for yours.
Bowen Cates chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
I cried. this is so...true.
KCS chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
Oh, good gosh. What a way to start the new year, crying in front of my laptop with my parents looking at me like I've lost my mind entirely.

I would like to hope it didn't end like that, but unfortunately it's too sadly realistic. Though you kept the grief subdued, I liked that it was more melancholy than tragic. I feel more for Watson than for Holmes, though - it's just not fair for the man to die twice in the same lifetime and leave the doctor behind. :(
Wirral Bagpuss chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
Oh God that left me crying ! Very sad indeed. But it's true. All good things go come to an end. But Watson was with him at the end and that can only be a good thing. But still sad even so. Poor Watson is all alone now. but no doubt Holmes will be with him in spirit. I need to go and get some tissues now! *sniff*
gabrielsangel79 chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
What a melancholy way to start the New Year, but I like your description of the scenery. It seems quite peaceful.