Reviews for Carpe Diem
Jaxa chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
Great job!
DeepBlueQL chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
I really love this story. Both of their POV's are so wonderfully rendered. And it's truly amazing writing that gives you new insights into the film. Like, "Yes, Robert would totally compare himself to his father." and "Oh my god, that makes so much sense. That's why Robert didn't kick Denton's ass."

Anyways, great job.
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Beautiful, wrenching, poetic. What a great glimpse into Robert's mind!
girlblue chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
Wow, this was really lovely! Gosford Park is such a wonderful movie. Although I know that Robert and Mary getting together would have ruined the subtlety of Altman's style, I really wish they had! But this was satisfying and completely believable. Thank you!
peculiarjuliar chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Again, another beautiful story. I like the insight into Parks and Mary's pasts. Mary is so sweet and Parks is just so hard on himself. You've done a great job.
Deepu chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
This story was just what I was looking for. I loved the tension between Parks and Mary in GP, and their feelings are well explained here, as to why they didn't go any further. I hope you will consider penning a second chapter where they do meet again, and don't let the opportunity pass them by again.
AnneM.Oliver chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
Seriously...wow. I love this movie, and I always wished there were more interaction and more scenes with this pair and you gave it to me. Bravo!
ancientmaverick chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
I love all of your Gosford Park stories! You do them so well. Would it be too much to ask for more? :)
laroka chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
That's really wonderful piece of fanfiction. Can't wait for another one from you...
Mercury Gray chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
I *really* liked this. There is far too little fanfiction written about Gosford Park, which is a crying shame, because it was a wonderfully detailed movie that so much could be done with. And you did such a good job with this - the detail is gorgeous and perfectly timed. I like how you chose to show both sides, and how both Mary and Robert have regrets about how their last meeting ended. I also really liked how you made Robert regretful that he acted like his father - that comparison didn't occur to me until you brought it up. Excellent job!
Grace chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
Absolutely lovely! Thank you! :)
Elliesmeow chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
Oh please tell me you'll write another fic so we can all have that "next time"? I love your stories and I'm so glad to see you've written another one. I think you get these people just right and I can't wait to read your next piece.

Thanks for posting. Hope this new year treats you even better than the old one did.

-Ellie