Reviews for The Right Parent
Beckiee chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
I know its been over a year, but i wanted to say that i think this is good so far! It would be nice to read more if your still interested in writing : )
eliegirl chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
I don't agree with kevinowiu. We know nothing about the family dynamic before Judah died. We know his family loved him, but it is plausible that Judah and Nancy were having maritial problems. This is a story... it can be a little OC for the author's artistic state. And as for what Nancy says about her late husband on the show it could be a good and wonderful due to the fact that he is her late husband. Ever heard the sayin "Don't speak ill of the dead." This story has started out pretty good, if the author does cont. to let you know I like where this is going so far, one of the most interesting plot concepts of read in awhile.
kevinowiu130 chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
This article was about the show Weeds and what the show would be like if Nancy’s husband Judah never died. Instead this article makes a story up about Nancy not being happy with Judah and hates that he works to much and leaves her to take care of the kids and all the house chores. In the end Nancy ends up getting in a car accident and dies after getting in a fight with her husband. This was interesting to think about if the show started like this, but I don’t feel it would be a good show. Nancy would never complain about taking to much care of the kids because she had a full time maid that cleans the house and cooks the food for the family and makes the kids lunch’s. Nancy never talked bad about Judah and always talked about how good of a husband and father he was. Judah needed to die in the first episode because the show would be nothing what it is like now. Nancy never went to collage and does not have a job. The only way she could support the family and keep there house and lifestyle was to sell and grow weed. Nancy makes the show; it is great watching a housewife sell weed and watching her grow into a big time drug dealer. If Nancy would of died, Judah would still keep his job as a doctor and be able to keep the housekeeper. They could not make a show about Judah raising the kids because it would be boring to watch. It was an interesting article to read and makes me think about how great of a character Nancy is and how great of a mother she tries to be to her kids.
Kou Shun'u chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
i hope this story is planning to go somewhere, after all this is basically the prologe.
notreal17 chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
this is a really good idea... i know its almost been a year but i hope you write more!
BunnyRabbit13 chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
Definitely a good idea for a story based on Weeds...
JClover4456 chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
Update soon please! Love it
Just.Call.Me.Girl.Friday chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
Wow I can't wait to read more. Nancy actually did a good job on her own raising her boys (sides the whole drug dealing and oldest son becoming one also) bit. But she's actually a loving mother and trying to keep things together.

Wonder how Judah would actually handle the situation. Would he remain the steady father that he had been while Nancy was alive - or would he turn to drug dealing too? Can he get his act together to be the father that his boys need him be now that Nancy is dead?
vinylcheese chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
holy crap! finally a freaking fanfic on weeds!

lol you should totally continue, its real good