Reviews for History of a Name
Faerthurin chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
This is really nicely done. You cover so many aspects, and stages of his life, and you manage to include some of the other related names in a couple of stanzas. Great work!
(And I don't often like poetry, either!)
Darkover chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
This is an intriguing idea, and a well-written poem. Identity is so closely tied with name, and Aragorn has had many names indeed. I would have liked a verse about "Aragorn," which was his true name, after all. A line or two about "Longshanks" and "Stick-at-Naught," which were also names applied to him, would have been nice, too, but this is still a very enjoyable poem. Thank you for writing and posting it. Sincerely, Darkover
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
A great poem fic. Very well written.
Mirach chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
Beautiful idea and poem! You really tell the history of his life through the names, that are aligned chronologically. You could add a stanza about Aragorn between Estel and Strider, about how the name was revealed to him, together with his destiny. And maybe I would switch Strider and Thorongil, from the chronological point of view.

I love the lines /The rock of a lost people/ and /Humble, never forgetting/. Yes, that's Aragorn!
RR chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
Beautifully written and spot-on with regards to Aragorn's character!

Well-done
Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
Very nice!
True Colours chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
Wow, you've read the book. I think you cover and interpret all Aragorn's different aspects really well. I especially like the last verse, where i tshows he hasn't forgotten his humble beginnings.
Anatone chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
amazing! i really wish i had skill with poetry, but alas, my gift lies in writing, where I do quite well (if i may so myself, which i doubt)

ACE!