Reviews for Conversations
IsobelFrances chapter 5 . 1/15/2012
Brilliant story, deffinatly one of my favourites.
GreenEyes09 chapter 5 . 1/7/2012
Wonderful story, I loved it.
Net Sparrow chapter 5 . 6/23/2010
I like Tony-whump and angsty stories. I enjoyed it really. You wrote a good story with Tonys childhood abuse and Gibbs as his anchor.
sueKay-04 chapter 5 . 3/10/2010
Excellent story! One of the best fics I've read :)
Livia2001 chapter 5 . 1/17/2010
This is a really great story! Love your writing
Girl-of-Geekery chapter 5 . 12/10/2009
Wow...just...wow.

I found this earlier today and planned on reading a chapter before I went to bed and then finish it after I started reading, I just couldn't stop.I sat here and finished all 5 chapters in 35 minutes.

You did such a spectacular job with was all so in character and well written.

And usally I don't really like stories where Tony had a sibling who died, but the way you wrote this just...wow...blew my mind away.I was left speachless after I first finished.

And I simply LOVE the fact that you took everything, every little tid-bit we've heard about Tony's father and incorperated it into the story so that it all fit perfectly.

You have done such an amazing job with this story, you truely are a gifted writer.
Sason chapter 5 . 9/21/2009
Wow! What wonderful insight into Tony's past. Really well done and structured and pieced together. Couldn't stop crying throughout it and thoroughly enjoyed all of it.

I am glad you story alerted my story because otherwise I wouldn't have found this and for that I am grateful.

:D
scryoko chapter 5 . 6/26/2009
You know what I absolutely love about this? You've taken all the little important tidbits that we've gotten from the show and incorporated into what made Tony the man he is today and it FITS. Every. Single. Little. Thing. FITS. With absolute perfection.

I mean in the episode "Chained," Tony claims that his father was always to drunk to lay a hand on him, but if you look closely, he pauses a bit before saying that. And then of course, we find out later in an off-hand comment in "Witch Hunt" that his father beat the crap out of him for ruining his ski suit.

You also gave a really plausible reason as to why his mother dressed him up in sailor suits and made him take piano lessons. And you know, it's so very subtle but to me, I think this also explains why a few times in the show, Tony always seem to mention (when he's caught off guard or trying to play something down) that he has a sister. But someone always seems to correct him that "but you said you were an only child." With Daddy Dearest clearing all records of having another child, it would explain why there isn't anything in Tony's record of him having a sister.

And then with the matter of Tony being disowned. I've always given thought of how exactly Tony had gotten by after being disowned. I mean, to me, his father didn't seem like the type to want to pay a damn dime to care for him after his son had pissed him off so much that he disowned him, you know? And your explanation sealed it. I loved it. Every minute I spent reading this story, I loved it.

By the way, that last line Tony says to Kate at the end of the first chapter really was a bomb shell. Shocked the hell out of me and blew me away.

The second bomb shell was when Tony's father had finished reading his essay and asked him who he'd gotten to write the essay for him. Damn. I totally did not expect that either. And I loved it. I even loved the way you portrayed Tony's father as the antagonist in the story. Because I've read lots of fics where he's a bad father but it does get a bit repetitive after a while and he can be rather two-dimensional. In this story, even though we know him from a third party, he's still unpredictable. I know that he's an abusive bastard yet you've still managed to surprise me by some of the things you've had him do.

Like with the incident with being left at the Maui Hilton. Somehow, it's never crossed my mind that perhaps his father had INTENTIONALLY tried to abandon him. I've always assumed that his father neglected him a lot and therefore forgot that his son was at the hotel. But the implication that it was intentional? Whoo, that thought also blew me away, if only because of the unexpectedness of it.

So yeah, I loved this story. Every damn thing about it.
sparkycola1 chapter 5 . 4/26/2009
Aw! *sniffle*

Ahem, it's the hayfever, honest ... _

Great job - thanks for posting )

Sparky
XX-Samantha-XX chapter 5 . 3/27/2009
wow, this was wonderful :) simply amazing :)
diana teo chapter 5 . 3/5/2009
Haha!Great reply,Gibbs!(redhead).Tony's school project paper?I like the way your mind cranks these details out...You made me feel the pride that Gibbs felt for Tony(feel my heart swelling...)Practically perfect in every way.(to borrow a quote from )
diana teo chapter 4 . 3/5/2009
"I had to find my own way".You had me at that the lump-in-the-throat I can't really imagine Tony a smarter ass than he already is now!Scary thought.
diana teo chapter 3 . 3/5/2009
What a sad,sad tale of woe you have woven for so beautifully done."...charter member of the 'Talking to the Dead' Club..."Liked that line!
SparklingCatseye chapter 5 . 1/11/2009
great story! loved reading it! hope to see more from you soon!
Just A Tad Bit Fanatic chapter 5 . 1/10/2009
WHAT? BUT IT CANT BE OVER!