Reviews for Tea Stains
Nimthiriel Eruhin chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
Very nice! It was funny and cute, and turned very analytical and thoughtful at the end. I'd love to see some more of Patience! ;)
Annie.London chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
Such a great story to read! Lovely touches- the tea stain and door! Thanks!

annie :)
White Wyrsa chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
That's brilliant little piece. Such a pleasure to read. Thank you very much!
Monty Twain chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
... What delightful way Holmes dealt with the girl. it's quite a nice story, really.
KCS chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
Hee, there's my Victorian culture lesson for the day.

Love your indirect characterization, an example I dearly wish I could get my English students to follow. The fight with the doorknob, and the finger in the tea, are wonderful little quirks that set your stories a cut above the average.
Volume-Of-A-book chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
Hm this is a little problematic in the first part, after all, you'd think that since Holmes meant 'Calling Cards' when he orginally mentioned that she did not have a card presented before she entered that that's the train of thought he would have gone for, but, heck with Holmes you never know right?

tiny thing, to ask after someone is to ask how they're doing, you can't ask after a name, but I think you can use 'may I ask you name?'

All and all a very cute little story, congrats.
aragonite chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
Very informative! I enjoyed that a great deal. Ah, yes...tea or tint perspective!
AmatorLinguae chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
What a cute little story! I've never quite gotten all the nuances of calling-cards myself. :) The part where Watson thinks it's a gambling-den is hilarious!

"She made no move to take off her hat, or the smile, but came right in." I love that line! It just sets up her character right there, with no "brown hair, blue eyes, slightly turned-up nose" necessary. "A brief but determined struggle with the doorknob" caught my eye, too. Your descriptions and dialogue throughout are really excellent!

And I love that little touch at the end with the tea-stain. :) So true...
Pompey chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
What an innocent child, to not know the meaning behind the bent corner of a calling card. (though to be fair I wasn't exactly sure what it meant.)

The tea stain - was Holmes refencing his young guest's innocence/naivete and how quickly it would be removed by society and/or her family?