Reviews for Dying By Degrees
babesbraves chapter 18 . 3/1
I know it's been over three years but please think about finishing this fantastic book it cries out to be finished. The roller coster of emotions make it a riveting and compelling read!
Ivorygirl1990 chapter 18 . 7/10/2013
REALLY enjoyed this story and hope you will one day finish it.
Ivorygirl1990 chapter 3 . 7/9/2013
Your Bella is broken and battered but she has grown a backbone too! I like her!
Lynn0255 chapter 8 . 2/13/2013
I love this story. This chapter is excellent. The way you have captured these 2 characters is far and away one of the best I've read in Fanfiction. I hope you will be able to finish this story. Please.
se chapter 18 . 12/10/2012
I check back periodically to see if this has been updated. I really hope you complete this. It is easily one of the best, most thoughtful character studies I've read.
Rasa.Ra chapter 6 . 12/2/2012
I'm really enjoying this story.. The emotions are driving me crazy.. And I love it!
edwards-girl-4-ever chapter 18 . 4/14/2012
I hope you one day finish this story.
einfach so chapter 18 . 3/20/2012
This is a really great story with a lot of depth and authentic feelings. Thank you for writing it because you just made my day wonderful.
Julia Ba chapter 18 . 2/27/2012
This story is truly a fantastic read. I loved every little thing about it. How intense the emotions are, how Bella has to survive confrontation after confrontation, how gradually B&E are working through the pain of their separaion, how you developed the relationships of B with other Cullens (when reading Jasper/Bella dialogues I all but swooned over them). :)

It was soooo good, amazing.

It's also rare to meet such an intense story about B&E I would compare your work to 2 of my favourite pieces-

1st is My Yes, My No by LolaShoes (and she's left fanfiction a while ago - though I have a copy). It is about the same subject - no magic healing after the reunion but a lot of working through as couples do in the real world. That really was a blind spot of the original Saga, SMeyer all but skipped the whole thing by announcing Bella felt whole the moment she saw Edward again. And I adore that you picked up such a hard subject and developed it so beautifully.

2nd is Atlas Shrugged by Jeesiechreesie - this one describes the healing process after B kissed Jacob and Edward witnessed it in Eclipse. The intensity there is also very high.

I hope you are not upset with my comparisons, I just wanted to point out that your story here became as dear to me as the other two and I hold those in the list of my absolute favourite ones. And I read a lot of fanfic.

Of course I AM disappointed with the last update date. The last scene is a point of relative happiness, I understand it to be a calm between storms. So I was sort of calm and happy too after I finised reading. :)

At this point I dont believe you'll go on, cause it was a really long time. And it IS a great pity. I only ask you to answer me so that I know you are alive and have recieved this feedback. I want you to be happy wherever you are after all the pleasure I recieved reading your amazing fantastic awesome knock-out story. :)

Love,

Julia
CarrieZM chapter 18 . 2/23/2012
please please please finish this story ...it is so good :)
goldseadragon chapter 18 . 1/14/2012
Such a good story! I hope you finish it.
GraceAdieu chapter 17 . 12/15/2011
I'm hoping against hope that you haven't abandoned this beautiful story.
LittleSeaMonster chapter 18 . 11/19/2011
its been a year since youve updated so am i to still believe this isnt abandoned?
Renee Aubin chapter 17 . 6/12/2011
Sigh, the last published chapter of this wonderful story.

Aww. so sweet to have Esme greet Bella in the morning when Edward can’t be there. ‘…there is still the tiniest hum of anxiety in the back of my mind because he isn't here…’ Of course.

Smiled at Esme’s advice: "Sometimes, it's best not to think too much and just go with things. Now is probably one of those times.” But oh geez, her first day back at school after Italy and the Cullens’ return.

So cool – Edward’s handwriting inscribed on the charm! Sigh, there must be a more romantic hero somewhere in fiction, but I can’t think who… “…the gift that Rosalie would have picked, when she comes around to admitting she likes you.” Sweet, Emmett. “All this profound sweetness and sharing has given me a headache.” Snicker.

Good for Bella for catching on that the bracelet / gifts are intended as a public declaration of her place in the family, and squelching her instinct to hide.

‘All the things that this mismatched family have meant to me – warmth, safety, desertion then despair, and now forgiveness – wash over and it feels hard to breath for a few moments.’ Wonderful. Oh, the crystal / diamond heart, together with the e.e. cummings poem – well done. Ah, no carved wolf on this bracelet! Instead of a symbol of the (to my mind silly) E/J rivalry, you've turned it into an acknowledgement of her place in their lives from all the siblings, something that will be lovely to have forever. [Actually I'm hoping Carlisle and Esme get a chance to add their own charms later.] Pretty funny when Alice anticipates the need for the calculus solution in her note. Handy.

The scene in the cafeteria was nicely done. I like the idea of the public apology, after what Bella must have endured when the Cullens suddenly left her behind (not that she had the energy to care at the time). Particularly good when Bella takes the initiative to sit in Edward’s lap. Oh, so Alice knew that Lauren had planned to make a scene with Bella – no wonder the Cullens came down on her so hard.

I loved Edward’s idea of a new start in the Biology lab. ‘…the sight of Edward propping up the wall outside of the changing rooms is like the icing on the cake for me.’ Umm, yeah, what an image.

‘"Oh, he did," Jasper replies, leaning back against the black car in the manner of somebody who is settling down to watch something interesting about to happen.’ Fun.

How delicious to be coming HOME to the Cullen house. I love Charlie, but really, no contest!

I hope you are eventually inspired to finish this story. You’ve done such a great job acknowledging what an enormous deal Edward’s departure was, and how difficult it would be for everyone to recover. I’d love to see your vision of where it goes from here.
Renee Aubin chapter 16 . 6/9/2011
‘My red-faced, tantrum throwing, inner toddler…’ Excellent.

Wonderful description of the interaction with Rosalie. You’ve done a unique job of fleshing out what she’s like. ‘…an icy calmness, which is faintly threatening.’ ‘Ochre eyes narrowed and showing none of the softness I am used to seeing in the eyes of the rest of her family…’ Shiver! I especially love how she just says “no” to spending time with Jacob. Yet Bella holds her own: "If you could do that to Emmett because of what you want, then I feel sorry for him.”

This is particularly good: ‘We are both on the fringes, kept out of what we truly want. In this place in particular, with the bland normality of Forks all around us, Rosalie is standing on the edge of my human life, as much as I am on the edge of her supernatural world.’

“Since she is Alice's shiny new pet project again…” Great echo of the “shiny new toy” phrase from the first book.

What a relief it is to deal with Jasper. An actual adult conversation! “Are you sure you will be safe, and I mean an Edward definition of safe?" – snicker!

"Thank you, Jasper. I owe you one." … "We owe you much more." Oh my!

Enjoyed Bella’s rant to Jacob about all the supernatural creatures eavesdropping on her fight with Charlie.

Good description of Bella’s difficulty picking through the remains of her relationship with Jacob. A much more realistic take on their limitations than the books. This is an excellent encapsulation of the wolves’ dilemma: "Would you condemn me, or someone else for that matter, to love you in the short term only to lose you when your true mate comes along?"

"Where are you going to go? To the Cullens' house?" Wow did that strategy backfire on Jacob!

‘…the next problem in my vast collection of dilemmas.’ Aww, poor Bella. Being a grownup is a bitch.

‘This ache was the pain of rejection of a father to a daughter, and represents the severed remnants of the Bella who was left behind.’ Wow. ‘…I can let Carlisle handle our exit strategy. After all, he's proved himself to be good at that.’ Ouch! "To get me through my 'mad period' after you all left." Bigger ouch! But she’s entirely right to say so.

Truly weird that Forks High students don’t seem interested in Edward’s return to Bella. But yeah, the social currents in high school are just that fickle. …Eventually I begin to suspect that this is Bella’s sleeping pill-induced dream. Very well done! Hard to imagine how they would have managed to help her without Jasper.

Quite a dramatic entrance for Edward. "I can never hold you close enough, Bella, never." Lovely and very satisfying resolution even through her exhausted and medicated haze, held and cherished by the only one who will do. ‘Home at last’ indeed. Sigh.