Reviews for Come Away, Oh Mortal Child
J-Kid chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
Wow, this was awesome. There are precious few DWJ fics, and even fewer for Fire and Hemlock, which is one of my all time favorites of Mrs. Jones' books. This just took something I had never thought about and dropped it in my lap, so that I had to think, "Oh man, that is PERFECT." Of course they would respond that way. Of course Laurel would want their child. Now I kind of want the full version of this story instead of this little snippet!
duj chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
I'd never thought about what happened after. (Perhaps because that was one DWJ ending I never really understood. I liked her early work better, to tell you the truth.)
Bird of Hope chapter 1 . 3/5/2009
Very sweet, good plot to, i am intrigued. I know i never thought of that but it's a good point, it does rather run in families. Luckily i can't be pedantic about anything because i've only read it once and finished it in a hurry toady, actually i had to read it while walking in the rain because i REALLY wanted to finish it.

Anyway, it was very good and no spelling and grammer for me to whine about either and the charectorization was even good, a bit to direct, they tend to talk in riddles but it's the only critisism i can find so... Well done.
ixaquasa chapter 1 . 2/11/2009
I first read this on the Yuletide exchange, and fell in love with it immediately. I love the way you incorporated Yeats' poem into the story - the lines work really well in this context, fascinatingly so - and the way you portrayed what happens after Jones' book ends answered quite a few questions I have after reading it.

This happens to be one of my favourite books, and I've noticed that the fandom is pretty small - reading this made my day. Thank you for the story.
Pandora's tears chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
oh, so beautiful...

this story is one of her least publisised (sp?)

But It's one of my favorites, and I think you do it justice.

I like your style!

thank you!

p.S. have you heard the song Tam Lin by Fairport convention?
LifesDarkFire chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
I think the story was beautifully written and don't hate me for this but I actually haven't read this book you based your story on. Although I still thought it was written wonderfully. The way you incoorperated Yeat's Poem "Stolen Child" caught my eye and I read the story. I just finished writing a seven paged reasearch paper on Yeats and so your story of course caught my eye.