Reviews for A Patrician's Best Friend
Gothgirlreid chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
:'( Awwwwwwwwwwwww
Mr Stereo1 chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
Excellent little snack of the discworld, it adds to Vetinari's character without going too far ooc.
Cat Feral chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
This is, by turns, sweet, funny and sad. Well done! :-D
Spawn Guy chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
Short and sweet. Sort of like Havlock.

Or...not.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
Oh, yes. Wuffles is not forgotten. (married to a dog person. Walter was a person with black fur and a white chest, and basically, my husband's younger brother when he was growing up). The Patrician knows the price of such loyalty.
Mirliton chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
"Unsafe for who?"

Excellent!

This Vetinari's walk with Mr Fusspot is so cute...

(hm, I know, "Vetinari" near "cute" souds rather strange )
Gogol chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
Am kind of tempted to say 'aww' and leave it at that. Possibly you could be convinced to make this a series? The Wuffles of yesteryear - where did /they/ walk? (For I hold that a dog described as 'elderly' in Sourcerer cannot be the same one as is sixteen years old in the Truth.)

Anyway, 'twas well-written and definitely had its moments, although I wonder a little about Mr. Fusspot not just eating the biscuit himself. Ah well, if ever there were a man who could train a dog like Fusspot to carry delicious food in his mouth without, in fact, eating it, Vetinari would be him. :D
Roruna chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
Aww that's so sweet. *warms my heart*
Virtuella chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
It's a bit predictable, but nicely executed.

BTW, the italics have been screwed up in the first line: "to actually isay/i so to Havelock "
Rachel Indeed chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
What an adorable idea! Vetinari is my favorite Discworld character, and his unexpected attachment to ridiculously unattractive and over-affectionate animals makes my day, every time. I loved the public speculation about the secret reasons for his daily strolls, and the different secret reality. And Vimes' "Dangerous to who?" captured their whole relationship perfectly and succinctly.

I have always assumed that Havelock's soft spot is an in-joke related to his name (Terry Pratchett has said that he thought Florence deserved, not just "Medicis" to care for sick people, but "Vetinaris" to tend to the animals). Dog-Botherer, indeed. It's in his blood - though thank goodness he left elderly cats to his aunt's care :)

Thanks so much for this!