Reviews for Seduced by a Song
EstrangeloEdessa chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
You know, I don't think I've ever really thought about those kids... until now. I love how you make it so serious, and yet so child-like. "It promised ice-cream and cake for breakfast, lunch and tea." I think that was my favorite line in the whole thing.

If I were you, though, I'd take out that last line. Readers can probably guess that for themselves, and the line before that would (in my opinion) make a much more dramatic ending.
Cat Feral chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
This is one of those fics where I'm tempted to leave a one-word review and the word would be "Ouch."

We rarely ask ourselves what became of the children after they were lured away - or if we do, there tends to be an assumption that they went somewhere that really was a better place. Your version would appeal to Terry Pratchett, who has always said that Fairy Land will give you everything you think you want, and none of the things you really need.

Well done!

BTW, the Narrator's voice sounds rather adult. Does time work the same way in the new world the kids find themselves in as it does in our world? Do the children grow up? And if so, what do they do then?
JenEvan chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
I think this kind of made us understand why the children had been mesmerised by the music. It is short, but it had sufficiently told us the answer; and from a rather interesting point of view-the view of any ordinary child in a normal family with a normal childhood.

Its a beautiful piece.
P'tfami chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
Great introspective piece on a classic fairy tale - the underlying danger to the siren song is deftly portrayed. Though I wonder if this is viewpoint of one child or many? perhaps the crippled child's viewpoint could have been explored.
charmedgrl4ever chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
konban wa

It looks as if you went on a posting spree. :) This is so touching, so beautiful. I wonder if anyone thought about this before. When I read the summary, I thought, "Hm, I DO wonder what they heard that so enraptured them." Very nicely described. :)

Ha det