Reviews for The Last Dance
blinddivinity chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
You made me cry. Beautifully written.
Cerulean City chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
What an awful and wrenching story to read, especially because for this reader, on the heels of new footage of the wreck itself that I watched yesterday. So...I don't think humanity will ever stop thinking about it.

This story really touched me, and I almost want to go down there and search for the poor violinist myself, just to see if in the end, he's still clutching his violin in the deep.

Beautiful.
wandering endlessly chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
This is beautiful. I have never read or watched the Titanic, so I may not understand it completely, but it was really sad.

One thing- ihow/i was this a mistake?
XxSweet-NightmarexX chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
This was so sweet! :( Last year we played Titanic music in my orchestra, so we had a little watch party for it. The whole orchestra was in agreement that the quintet should have used The bass for a raft and the bows as rows. We were all pulling for them to make it. :( They were so dedicated they played "music to drown by".
Luna Rapunzel chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
This was so beautiful and so heartbreaking. Amazing job.
verity candor chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
Oh, that's gorgeous. What a beautiful idea, and so beautifully executed. You sketch the character and his personality very well, and - oh, this is so sad!
Il'Diko chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
Oh wow, so beautifull and sad. Brilliantly written though and amazing description, I could see everything before my eyes. A fav.
Love From A Muggle chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
Really sad, but sweet. I had always wondered what the mens names were in the band. I know this is your story, but you really brought life into the band.
Bad Mum chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
This is beautiful and heartbreaking. I especially love ther realisation that he had a choice in how he died.
Dejsha's World chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
I really loved this; your style is really beautiful and I love the characters emotions. I love your descriptions and how you portray the character.

Ariana
Relala chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
This story is very dark, but it shines like it's been polished. It's like you breathed life into a character that didn't even exist, like saving someone from the brink of death after they've drown. Heartbreaking. Tragic. And oh so very beautiful. It will sweep you up on a wave of emotion, and leave you with the taste of salt-water in your mouth.

“The first unsinkable ship, they said, that'll be something to tell your grandchildren. “ — What a line. It left me with a ache in my heart. And to think anyone would ever be so arrogant as to say something like that!

"It occured to him in a moment that a man might have little choice about when he died, but a man could still choose ihow/i he died." - It's "occurred", and there is a button for italics in the Document Manager, you know. :P

Amazing story!
WalkInEternity chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
This scene was my favourite in all of the movie, and you just made it even more beautiful and sad and perfect than I thought it already was. Thank you so much. I'm crying as I type this and want you to know that this piece is fantastic.
xoxcrescentmoonxox chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
So sad, so well written. I loved the character you created for your musician.
Wendy Brune chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
Well, this was simply beautiful. You write the human emotion so well. I really liked how you gave a rather nameless character a story and personality.

Wonderful work.
Vault108 chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
You did an excellent job at telling one of the band members stories. What a hard decision but, given there was no true choice, he ... no, they chose to keep playing amidst all of that horror. I'm so glad a plaque was resurrected in their names and honor. Would I know ONE person today who holds that kind of honor...