Reviews for Every Bloody Thing She Does Is Magic
Pie for President '16 chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
Well, we all know what he was going to say. It'd be a bit pointless if you did have Ron confess to Hermione his love for her.

Still, besides that dickish move, I liked it. Like how Ron's all "I'm supposed to be an idiot", proving he isn't an idiot at all.
thlove chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
I completely agree with you about all the song fic mess ups! It's so annoying... I may make up my own personal playlist with songs from the wrong times, but that's for me alone... Anyway, great story!
Smasher170 chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Haha brilliant *applause for ending*

Now get back to "Mirror, Mirror" :D
N. E. Won chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
I absolutely love this story. You ar one of the best writers here on . Everything was perfect: the attention to detail, grammar, vocabulary, characterization, and even the ending!
CocoaCollidoscope chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
ACK! YouSUCK. Evil conniving mastermind! You totally roped us in and then WHAM. Of course we want to see Ron making a fool of ourselves. Ugh. Ok, off to read Mirror, Mirror now.
fistfulofstardust chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Oh, I loved this though the cliffie was evil. Yes, this certainly is what a songfic should be.

Also, I know what you mean about subverting something you don't like by writing it. I've been tempted to do it many times, and maybe I will in the future. :)
veranatalie chapter 1 . 7/19/2010
We have lots of things in common!

I usually hate song fics exactly for the reasons you listed, I love this song by Sting, and I like open endings... and in this case it's actually perfect!

Loved how all the story, even the rainy memory, refers to the song's lyrics. :)

Thank you!
R.W. plus me chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
I loved this story! Usually I don't read songfics because they annoy me with the italicized lyrics every few lines, but in your summary you said this was different so I thought I'd try it. You're a really good writer, and your Ron is so well done!

I liked how you left the ending open like that. Like you said, it let's the reader imagine what happened.
wow60 chapter 1 . 4/11/2009
You are a MASSIVE DICK! How dare you leave an ending like that? Oh, well, it can be good this way, but we all know we would prefer YOUR endings without a doubt. ;)
Bluerain22 chapter 1 . 3/5/2009
That was brilliant! I had a goofy smile on my face the whole time and I felt like shedding happy tears because it was so well writen... even if you didn't continue with Ron's declaration and Hermione's response, it still was a great way to end the story!

And the memory about the umbrella and Ron not actually using it and ending up with a cold... that was so well played!

Also, I especially enjoyed your rant (author notes)... I tend to skip over the lyrics when I'm reading a song fic.

Thank you for making me all warm and gooey inside :)
Babasahin Ko chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
Dude ... that was ... (pick your own ending). Hehehe.
cannotstopwriting chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
Another good one shot. :]
Pattox0111 chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
How dare you end it like that! I will hunt down your family and injure them VERY serverely (did I spell that right?),(But notice I didn't use the word 'kill' because it's illegal), (And I reckon injuring people severely is illegal too...). I don't think your a prick or dick though. But it was very evil of you to end it that way (that was half sarcastic by the way).

Pat
allikittenkat1 chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
I loved it!
lemondrop43 chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
This is actually my FAVORITE kind of ending! I actually enjoy being able to fill in the pieces myself! Did you ever see that movie "Lost In Translation" that came out a few years ago? There's this scene at the end where the main character whispers something in the ear of the other main character. We are never privy to what he says. It drove most of my friends (PPH included) completely mad, but I friggin' loved it! Thought it was genius!

Anyway, in my mind, Ron doesn't tell Hermione he loves her in this scene. It would change too much of what happens in canon and, since I hate that, he can't tell her...yet! I think instead he fumbles and mumbles something about a problem with a certain charm or potion that he's having and would she please help him, she's SUCH a good friend, etc., etc. Poor Hermione! As for her charmed note...Ron manages to slip it unnoticed back into her bag. That's my take on it!

My favorite funny moment was when Ron finds Hermione's note and he runs through his mind other possibilities for the initials "R.W." HA! Only low-self-esteem Ron would do that!

The chess game that Ron plays with Harry throughout the scene was great too. I liked seeing Ron easily out-manuever Harry here, all the while he is struggling with his intense feelings for Hermione. Harry is arguably the better wizard (sorry Hawk, but them is the facts) but Ron IS the chess champ! (And lucky for Harry too or he would have been toast in "Chamber" - LOL!)

I did think this was just a sweet point in time. That awkwardness of first love, that inability to make up your mind and act, the utter embarrassment of it all...you capture it all very, very well. I always enjoy your writing of emotional scenes because you manage to always infuse some humor without subtracting from the seriousness of the moment. Now THAT is good writing!

PS - Loved your author note rants about writers who don't do the details properly! I agree! I can be ejected right out of the story by something like that! Gr!