Reviews for The Price Of Betrayal
lederra chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
I enjoyed this chapter, it goes to show that scientists may be able to mess about with genetics now but they still cant make human emotions do as they want.

Description of the charcters/scenery is good and I look forward to reading the rest.
pielover62 chapter 8 . 12/25/2010
Although the ending was quite sad and the idea of 494 going rogue after the Berrisford mission has been done by others, I think this is one of the best I've read.
Leona Cazadora chapter 1 . 2/25/2009
Wow! I generally stick to strictly post series fan fiction when reading dark angel stuff, but a friend of mine highly recommended this piece and I'm quite glad I read it. You're writing is truly superb. The plot was nuanced, internally consistent, and well woven throughout the story. The development of Alec's character throughout the story was also quite interesting. And even though I could see the ending coming as soon as she called Aunt Colleen, you managed to write it in such a way that it was still poignant and interesting. Thank you so much for writing.
Ani-maniac494 chapter 8 . 1/12/2009
"He was barefoot and naked from the waist up despite the cool temperature in the forest and the misty drizzle that leaked from the sky, and performing some kind of stylized forms that looked more like a dance than the martial arts Rachel knew it had to be. He's beautiful, she found herself thinking while she watched. Muscles shifted beneath smooth skin, every move filled with slow grace and perfection. Yes, it was almost like a ballet."

I liked this picture very much. It's very peaceful somehow. I'm glad that 494 decided to tell Rachel the truth.

""A day," he replied. His green eyes were earnest.

Her jaw dropped. "Day? You're joking, right? Nobody can learn to play like you do in a day."

He shrugged. "I can. Does that make you uncomfortable?""

I love how that almost seems to shock her more than his physical abilities.

"Her father couldn't possibly be involved in something so... so heinous as growing cat people in test tubes and turning them into cold-blooded killers."

I loved the wording here. Rachel comes across as very naive because of it.

"He walked out on a blast of cold air and Rachel wrapped her arms around herself, inching closer to the fire. Cade was wrong about Aunt Colleen; her aunt would help them."

Another great example of her being naive. Even if she can trust her aunt, that doesn't mean that no one else is listening in.

"They'd left Rachel inside the cabin; he couldn't see her body, and for that he was strangely grateful. The memory of the look in her eyes would haunt him forever."

*jaw drops*

I have to admit, you surprised me. I didn't think it would really end happily, but I wasn't expecting that. Poor Rachel, and poor 494...

"Tears were streaming down 494's face, but he didn't feel them, and he didn't try to struggle as the soldiers hauled him from the helicopter and started lugging him to Psy Ops.

Perhaps forgetting wouldn't be such a bad thing after all."

Very eerie, very sad. You do a wonderful job of making this worse than if 494 had been simply killed.

Incredible, heartbreaking work!

Ani-maniac494
FirstBorn chapter 8 . 1/11/2009
This is just such an amazing story. I almost dreaded reading the end, hoping for a happier outcome, but knowing it couldn't be.

It'd be interesting to read a sequel that picks up with 'The Berrisford Agenda.'

Take care & look forward to your next work.
Replica Velocity a.k.a. X5 714 chapter 8 . 1/10/2009
Sad ending- and now I'm going to be depressed all day- oh god poor Rachel! I wish this story could have ended differently. It was a great story though.
Stompy Bigfoot chapter 8 . 1/10/2009
damn, only if rachel listened to alec/cade.
c00kieMonster chapter 8 . 1/10/2009
omg that was amazing and heartrending and AWESOME

i think you should write a sequel! of how alec/494 deals with it and comes back to bein the smart aleck we all love after psyops :D
Midnight Parallax chapter 8 . 1/10/2009
Hey, sorry I didn't catch this story earlier until I saw the recommendation at NWP. IT ROCKS. I mean, this is beyond great. It's tragic and moving. And the end! WOW. That is some serious talent. :)
lovethatscifi chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
Wow. That pretty much sums it up. So glad you posted it so quickly. Very sad. It was beautiful you nailed the characters so well.

Can't wait to read more.

Love your writing
angelica09 chapter 7 . 1/9/2009
this story has been amazing.I would of reviewed earllier but I lost the internet for a few days and had to read everything at 't wait for the last chapter
Replica Velocity a.k.a. X5 714 chapter 7 . 1/9/2009
Oh great- a team of X5s- just as 494 and Rachel are fixing things and all. Great chapter.

I hope to hell Sandoval fails!
Ani-maniac494 chapter 7 . 1/9/2009
Another great chapter. :)

You do a wonderful job transitioning from scene to scene. Every scene has a differnt feel to it, but it all flows together very well.

"The secretary waved him in, glaring at him over the rim of the glasses perched on the tip of her nose, as if having to call him was a personal affront to her."

Lol, I think I've run into secretaries like that.

"For the FBI, maybe, but the NSA?"

The NSA...I wonder if White will be involved somehow. That would certainly make things even more complicated.

"He wouldn't know about beautiful."

Such a simple line, but it says so much.

"The look she gave him was odd, and he snapped his mouth shut."

I think Rachel is beginning to realize he's not only a soldier. There's something very different about him. If he winds up telling her who he really is, I wonder if that will make her more understanding towards him, because she'll realize he litterally has never felt love before, or, if somehow, it will make things worse...

"I did wonder if he'd gotten military training at one point. Something about the way he moved."

I've always watched the way Alec moved in those scene when he was playing Simon. He really was very stiff, almost mechanical. I can imagine someone seeing that might think he had millitary training.

I look forward to the next part!

Incredible work! :)

Ani-maniac494
novashanti chapter 7 . 1/9/2009
A team of X-5s hmm? Wonder if Max's clone'll be on said team. Can;t wait to find out...
Replica Velocity a.k.a. X5 714 chapter 6 . 1/8/2009
A Rachel/494 fic- oh man I hope they get to Canada- thos two deserve a happy ending. I loev this fic so far and not just because Sandoval was sweating. I hope Cade/494 tells Rachel the truth soon!

I love this fanfic.