Reviews for The Most Noble Order of the Table
CJaneCoulson chapter 1 . 3/24
Edmund is my absolute favorite character just because he's always so kind and honorable. Chivalrous.

This was very well-written!

And regardless of whether or not we were told (now I'm curious and will have to look it up as I have forgotten it. Odd...) how he was knighted, this was delightful to read. Thank you for posting it!
Optimisticat chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
Pray tell- how exactly was Edmund knighted? And isn't he a member of the Most Noble Order of the Lion as well? And what version of the book series of "The Chronicles of Narnia", or from any source, did you guys find this information from? Is it an unabridged version, by chance?

Please excuse all my questions, I'm just veeeery eager and anxious to know where I can get this information from! Your story was good, by the way. I love how you have potrayed Edmund!
Anon chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
This story is so amusing; thanks a lot for posting!
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
A great story. Very good.
Taryn Streambattle chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
Good alternate!

Go Ed!
Miniver chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
What a delightful explanation of why Edmund was knighted. My favorite detail: the bandit with the most ornamental sword. Edmund did a great job of detective work to figure out the bandits' true motivation. His gesture of giving them the pouch of gold reveals his warmth and nobility. I like this Edmund and hope to see more of him.
Love and Rock Music chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
Fab-u-lous. What a delightful tale! Twelve is an age we don't see much Edmund fiction about - it's the awkward, settling-into-kingship phase which is already hard enough without the added aspect of his betrayal. But you handled it very well! I can't find a single thing to criticize. Edmund is perfectly in character, and the others of the Narnian party also felt very canonical. I think you did a wonderful job of showing a young Edmund who has become comfortable in his role as king - mostly. The explanation of the aftermath of his betrayal is excellent; thank you for not angsting about his guilt! It was the perfect balance of showing his obstacles to overcome without doing anything too heavy-handed.

I love the whole theme of this story; Edmund learning to use persuasive negotiating. This first experience was so well done - silver tongue, indeed! I like that the first time, he is talking down an enemy that is inherently good; when he's an older and more practiced ambassador he'll have to deal with much more sinister opponents, but this was a great fit for his youth. I think I like the title How King Edmund Came to Respect the Art of Rhetoric better. It suits the story better.

Of course, Edmund is knighted for his bravery at Beruna, but this makes for a lovely alternative. Great job!
Grammarsink chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
"And we’re not even told what he did."

Actually, we are told that toward the end of LWW. Aslan knighted Edmund in the Order of the Table (as far as I know elecktrum was the first one to promote it to 'The Most Noble Order') after the Battle of Beruna for helping to lead the army and for shattering the White Witch's wand.

However, this was a very cute alternative to the CS Lewis version and enjoyable to read. I hope you write some more for this fandom!