Reviews for Fumbling Towards Happily Ever After
badbitchb chapter 66 . 1/11/2021
Wow. This trilogy, through its many ups and downs, was one that I will never forget. I know you most likely won’t see this, but I am incredibly grateful for this stunning rendition of my favourite show. The detail you went into with every character is unlike anything I’ve ever read, and brought the characters to life like a TV show never can. Thank you for sharing your gift with us
badbitchb chapter 55 . 1/10/2021
Seems as though the first part of my review for Chapter 22 part 2 didn’t go through, ugh. It was essentially me insulting Nate and saying that I hate his guts.
badbitchb chapter 56 . 1/10/2021
And of course Blair is not blame-free here, but I understood why she’s scared of getting back together with Chuck.
badbitchb chapter 56 . 1/10/2021
Soo I’ve been reading your trilogy over the past few weeks and was planning on leaving a review only at the end, but this is the first time you made me cry, and I just have to let it all out. I am just so damn FRUSTRATED right now! I cannot BELIEVE how manipulative and selfish Nate has been these past few chaptershe’s rotten, to the core! And my heart damn well broke when Chuck had to read THAT letter aloneafter all he’s been through, he doesn’t deserve this, and I’m devastated that he’s relapsing after what would have been the final hurdle (finding out that his mum was the unfaithful one). Yes he was unlucky Eric’s flight was delayed, but if Blair had been there for him, I’m sure he would have been okayso all this to say, FUCK YOU NATE. I hope he drops Blair off at Victrola then disappears forever, but I know that will never happen. UGH, I hate him so much.
Almaloney33 chapter 51 . 2/27/2018
Blair is working my last nerve right now! Seriously, she knows him better than anyone but she's as clueless as Nate sometimes. And if she hadn't been so intent on testing Chuck's feelings and saying all that crap about Nate in the first place, maybe he'd have a bit more confidence. She of all people knows how insecure Chuck is about her history with Nate but it doesn't stop her from planting the seed of doubt, that maybe she really does still see him as her Prince Charming. Maybe I'm too sympathetic towards Chuck but it really annoys me that such a smart, intuitive girl can't see the role she plays in his trust issues - especially after his phone call where he explained about Georgina and how she'd abused his trust, flaunted her indiscretions. Aaarrrrgggghhh!
Oh, and I'm praying that when all is said and done it comes out that Chuck's offer to take Vanessa to prom was because of Nate!
Almaloney33 chapter 32 . 2/26/2018
Disagree - punching Dan Humphrey is sometimes the only choice. And Dan certainly has no qualms in swinging a fist when it suits him.
Almaloney33 chapter 31 . 2/26/2018
God, Nate is just so...Nate! In love with Blair. Please! He's caught some Humphreyitis, is all - he's in love with how much Blair loves Chuck. He loves how devoted she is to Chuck and loves the idea of that devotion being directed towards him. Oh, Nate. So pretty. So clueless.
Almaloney33 chapter 28 . 2/26/2018
It's 4am here but I'm unable to put this down!
Just reading your author note at the end of this chapter, with regards to the show killing Chuck and Blair for you - how he went gaga over Elle and then flipped back to Blair. My interpretation of this storyline (apart from being a snooze, in general) was that Chuck is kind of at rock bottom here in a way - Bart's dead and he's basically drifting aimlessly without any idea of who he is or who he's supposed to be. Blair is such an integral part of who he is (and vice versa) that when she rejects him it's just another bowline cut and he moves further and further from shore, further from who he is. The appeal of Elle, in my opinion, it that for once he could be the one to do the 'saving'. For most of the series, Blair is the emotionally stronger of the two and it's always Chuck that spirals out of control and needs pulling back from the ledge. As beautiful as that is, it's also pretty emasculating in a way - I think every guy wants to be the hero at least once. When Elle leaves with barely a backward glance, Chuck realizes it was all an illusion, a fantasy he'd created in his head (much the same way Blair fantasises about her other love interests) and he's forced to recognize, once again, that the only thing that's ever been real, albeit messy and tortured, is Blair and the way he feels about her. Anyway, just thought I'd throw my two cents in! :)
Almaloney33 chapter 12 . 2/26/2018
Well, Blair really pissed me off this chapter! I'm trying to work out if I would be as annoyed with her if I were reading this and only halfway through season 2...I don't know...I get that she has plenty to be pissed at Chuck about, I do. But he has very good reasons to be gunshy with her too - she basically treated him as a dirty secret in season 1, a mistake 'so far in her past she can barely remember it'. And everything she said to him in the closet - she basically played on his biggest insecurities - that he's good for a screw but nothing else, that she'd never view him as anything else. Given that she has a boyfriend and you hate cheaters I'm really hoping she gets caught out or is forced to face some hard truths.
Almaloney33 chapter 10 . 2/26/2018
Hey there! Have somehow just stumbled upon your stories despite discovering ff a couple of years ago. I'm a pretty hard-core CB shipper, so I'm excited to be reading something new. I'm truly amazed at how insightful some of your characterisations are, given when you wrote this. Blair, in particular - it's so like her to think that being with someone 'good' will transform her, erase some of her darkness...we definitely saw that in the show with Louis and Dan (though, God knows why she thought Dan was 'good'?!).
I did just want to say, having read your comments at the end of this chapter, that it wasn't a stretch to make Chuck smarter or try to ensure he's Blair's intellectual equivalent - he already is. Even at the beginning of the show we know that Chuck and Blair scheme together - they're very quick-witted, shrewd thinkers. And Chuck makes various film and literary references throughout the series. He's no dummy, he just doesn't feel the need to constantly blather on about it the way some people do (ahem,Dan!). Anyway, will definitely keep reviewing as I go, but thanks so much for sharing these amazing stories :)
ChuckBlair08lover chapter 66 . 4/28/2014
Wow absolutely amazing! This makes my second story first with TH now this which was simply amazing! Thank you so much for this story.
Moonflower26 chapter 66 . 8/11/2013
That was quite a story! Reminded me of George R. R. Martin style, when there are different points of view and you really should pay attention from the beginning as there are hints which will be played out afterwards. You are such a thorough planner, I cannot imagine how you remembered all the details about so many characters. Dan and Blair were definitely a snooze fest, thank you for telling me that in advance. As for Chuck's story line it was more of a psychological thriller than your previous book. Also I enjoyed Bart in love, i must say, I understood where this story will go to from the first time Chuck heard him laugh in Lewis' living room in Stanford.
Another thing that makes me wonder whether actual GG writers read your story is that you not only introduced an Uncle Jack first but also a Damien, who appeared only in Season 3. And there were also other moments of foreshadowing for the show. The funny thing is that you held such a grunge about killing Bart on the show and then they revived him in S5, though I didn't like where they had taken this line in S6. I think giving Chuck and Bart an opportunity at reconciliation would be a proper way to go.
It's a pity I didn't get to see initial ending of Chapter 14, must be steamy if Sky Samuelle consulted you on it.
You made Chuck a high school teacher! Is your subject also math? The epilogue is very detailed, the only thing I could not quite believe is the naming of the Bass boys. In my opinion it is not Chuck and Blair style, they are both classic.
Summing up I would like to thank you for the pleasure of reading your books, it has been a remarkable journey!
eckomoon chapter 42 . 2/2/2013
Haha the pesto scene with chuck Bart and Lewis is golden. I really like Lewis with Bart. She's bringing out Bart's "fun side". Nice to see a chuck/Bart interaction that went well.
eckomoon chapter 35 . 1/24/2013
I like Chuck in rehab and i really like his new roommate Sebastian and what i think you're doing with him. I don't think he's like Nate or Eric he's like a younger version of Chuck. I didnt even realize how much Chuck had changed until Sebastian started talking.
eckomoon chapter 32 . 1/23/2013
I think Chuck punching Dan really should be in the right choice category and Serena should have used her Prada heel to give Dan a kick too ;)