Reviews for From His Excerpts
seatides chapter 14 . 2/23
I've read this story quite a few times in the last couple of months, and I never get tired of reading it. I love how you've incorporated little details in each chapter that hints at a larger plot as well as a deeper look into Kakashi's personality. You've somehow made the HP and Naruto universes mix so well without falling favouring one over the other. You've made both wizards and shinobi powerful in their own right without one completely overpowering the other, which is something a lot of crossovers can't quite balance.

I like how everyone has their own unique character, and even when Kakashi isn't in the scene it is still incredibly fun to read. I love how Kakashi is infuriatingly annoying to make others underestimate him. He's smart, cunning, analytical, but hides it all behind a silly smile and a deliberately irritating facade (while becoming increasingly paranoid himself). I particularly like this line: "Kakashi never forgot the boundaries. Never forgot the rules." because it just shows that the man is a complete enigma. If Dumbledore had voiced this to anyone else, I doubt they'd believe him. I just love Kakashi and how he can maintain an image that is completely different from his actual self.

Despite all the havoc he seems to have fun wreaking, I really like how you've added in small lines that express his weariness. I mean, this story is obviously supposed to be mostly humour, but you've still managed to include small things that let us know that Kakashi must still be quite tired emotionally from his past experiences. The very fact that he's there to research how to unlock the Mangekyou without making much progress must be a little frustrating, to say the least. I'm happy that his nindogs are there for him. They're such an adorable family.

As I am in the process of rereading this, I have to say, in Chapter 7, the first time I read it, you had me completely confused until I realized it was a dream. And even though it seems like a cracky moment, the way you explained its significance afterwards made me somewhat sad for Kakashi (though the suggestion that Gai and "blue eyes" represented his homesickness made me smile). Ah, but then his graceless dive to save Sprout made me laugh. To think, one of Konoha's best jonin purposefully executing a messy maneuver (if one could even call it that) to push someone out of harm's way... without his hands. The things he does for his Hokage: getting deliberately hurt AND voluntarily getting admitted to the sickbay? True loyalty, right there. Oh, and the ghosts! I wonder if they have an aversion to each other because of some complicated explanation about chakra and magic, or if Kakashi just really REALLY hates seeing the dead (for obvious reasons, of course).

I do wonder if Kakashi will find out about Alastor. That scent from his polyjuice potion cannot go completely unnoticed, surely... And after all these secret jabs and competitions to test the waters HAVE to make Kakashi more paranoid than he already is.

I hope to see more from you! Especially since a more serious plot seems to be unraveling in the shinobi world. I'm crossing my fingers that you'll manage to finish this story one day because it is incredibly enjoyable to read, and I REALLY cannot wait to see when (or if?) Kakashi finally reveals himself. Thanks for writing this! You have written some amazing stories (I have read "Zetetic", "Vigilante", and "Twenty Six Views" more than a couple times haha!).
goat99 chapter 14 . 2/15
this is awsome
pls continue this story
really like it
Usachan2KageT chapter 1 . 12/9/2014
it was a great story! couldn't help rereading it time after time aaand i drew a not-so-good fanart...hope u don't mind...i know someone drew another one (a really nice fanart)...but i just can't resist it!
hansolo18 chapter 14 . 12/4/2014
I happened to stumble upon this fic and cannot express how much I love it. I appreciate how you've taken your time to set the stage before entering more story based events. Though it has not been updated in some time, I can only hope that we will have more to read from this delightful story. Fantastic job and best wishes
The King in White chapter 14 . 12/3/2014
This was hilarious
Lee Totema chapter 14 . 11/8/2014
Found this a long time ago finally found it again!
Knowledge is a powerful tool chapter 14 . 10/27/2014
So amusing story x3
lilsis1232 chapter 14 . 10/24/2014
I just wanted to sincerely thank you for spelling Blaise Zabini's name right. Also, I love the story!
NaniMok chapter 14 . 9/17/2014
I am in love with this fic. Truly it's perfect in every way. I love Kakashi and him trolling around, but also his sheer intelligence and professionalism in the mission. Amazing.
ResidingDarkness chapter 14 . 7/21/2014
Asian Ministry. Huh. Didn't really expect that.
ResidingDarkness chapter 11 . 7/21/2014
Trollkashi.
ResidingDarkness chapter 8 . 7/21/2014
Yes. Smack the Slytherins in the face, Kakashi.
ResidingDarkness chapter 2 . 7/21/2014
"Says hag."
Favorite line.
Ever.
Reviewer chapter 14 . 7/20/2014
Ooh, just wait until Kakashi's forced to pull out jutsus. Then shit will go down
Bloody-Destination chapter 2 . 7/19/2014
I couldn't stop laughing.