Reviews for In Good Hands
hpsupernaturalfan chapter 2 . 4/8/2009
Nice story.
LadyVic chapter 2 . 2/21/2009
A very nicely done second chapter. Dean trying to discover if Sam was breathing and unable to hear his heart gave me chills. I always love to see Dean in big brother mode, and you do it so well.

An interesting twist with the story, and the little Jess moments were definitely bitter sweet. That's exactly how I pictured them together. I wish we'd had a chance to see it.

hm...have you ever thought of doing an AU where Jess lives? I like the way you wrote the couple. Not that I'd push or anything... -nudge nudge-

Nice details and some great ideas for the way they finally carried out the banishment. It definitely had the feel of rituals from the show.

A very satisfying read with treats for both Sam and Dean fans. Thanks so much for another great story!
LadyVic chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
What a great great chapter! I am in love with your protective Sam and the way he takes care of Dean. You handled the issues of Sam trying to help without stepping on Dean's toes, and Deans reactions to that, beautifully. Your attention to detail, as usual, just blows me away.

The hospital scenes in the beginning were spot on. Just the right emphasis on Dean's pain without overdoing it. Um...can I just tell you that burns are my own personal worst case scenario injury? -shudder- I was honest to God relieved when the doctor said the worst was mild second degree. Geez! On your hands that's serious and painful enough! Okay, one more time-shudder-. You did a great job of balancing my discomfort with that type of injury with some pretty hearty chuckles.

Your description of driving in the snow honestly had me right there in the car with them. I could just picture that swirling snow in the headlights...feel the tension of driving under those conditions... Ok, so right now I'm glad we've been having a mild winter so far. LOL Of course the end of the chapter has me chomping at the bit to get to the rest of the story.

Can you tell how much I'm enjoying having a chance to read? Woohoo! On to chapter 2!
Benigma chapter 2 . 2/12/2009
This story was absolutely AMAZING! It had everything, EVERYTHING I love and could ask for in a story!

Such incredible writing that is so satisfying to read! Kripke & Co. could use you right now, lol!

I hung on to every tension-filled word of the crash aftermath. The concern oozing from Dean was nearly tangible - then his almost superhuman effort to reach the top of the slope, only to be thrown back down by Barnes...gaahh! That was GREAT!

I totally loved their argument about the phone. As ticked off as Sam was and he still thought to take care of Dean! LOVE that he can hustle as well as Dean:

"I should piss you off more often. It improves your game." "Bite me." Oh, that's a sheer delight!

Sam's delirium and his flashbacks to Jess and John were just brilliant - no other word to describe it! On top of all the nerve-wracking drama, you weave in the most wonderful comments from Dean that showcase his dry humour to perfection!

"...she's a goddess, he's a spirit, different unions..."

"Still good? No Pink Floyd light show? No twin big brothers?"

"Awesome. Except for the splinters in my ass from that slide across the floor."

"All the ugly-ass demons and puke-inducing creatures we go up against on a daily basis, we finally run into a hot babe - a naked, hot babe - who's good with cars, no less - and I'm too freakin' out of it to notice. It's just not fair." ROFL!

"Touche? See, that's why you need more Jaws, less Mockingbird - you'd never catch Robert Shaw saying 'Touche'."

"The world can kick our asses tomorrow."

Really, could it get any better? Just awesome stuff!

I also hung on to every tension-filled word of the banishment scene. That was so well done! I feel like a bug on the wall watching your stories unfold; picturing what is happening is effortless because of the detail.

I was SO happy that the Impala was as good as new! I could not imagine Dean having to rebuild her again - YAY!

The 'restaurant scene' was hilarious! I loved the return to the "people think we're gay" sideline, and for Sam to play along made it that much better. You have Sam and Dean's characters down perfectly; one more thing that makes your stories such a treat!

The intervention of the pagan goddess was highly unexpected but exceptionally clever, and the lore was fascinating. WELL DONE!

Ha,ha! Needless to say, I simply savoured this wonderful fic and it deserves a place of honour in my favourites! Can't wait to see what you cull next from your brilliant imagination!

Thanks for sharing your extraordinary talent!

'Til next time,

Wendy :)
bayre chapter 2 . 1/31/2009
Bawaahahahha...glueing down the salt, now why hasn't anyone on the show thought of that?

Great fic.

bayre chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
What a great story! Off to ch 2

pandora jazz chapter 2 . 1/31/2009
I know I've thanked you before, but still, thanks for such long chapters.

The love the way you describe a scene, the broken glass, injuried Sam and the surrounding woods, I love that I can picture your story as I read the words.

Nice tense moment as Dean tried to find out if Sam was alive when he couldn't use his hands to check for a pulse.

I had to smile, though not because the brothers fought about the new phone, but when Sam came back to the motel, the simple way all was forgiven and right between the brothers in a matter of minutes.

The pagen goddess was a nice surprise. I'm glad that she was there to help the brothers and heal them. Plus she fixed the Impala, perfect. :)

I loved how Dean worried and tried to reassure Sam as he suffered through his nightmares.

So Sam was conscious at times too after the crash and saw his injuried brother.

What perfect ideas, glue the salt to the floor and then the way the brothers rigged the pot of herbs to dump.

Nice moment when Dean thanked Sam for taking care of him when he couldn't use his hands.

Had to smile when Sam broke the news to Dean that the goddess was naked under her cape.

Wonderful ending. I could just picture the ring incident in the resturant and than the brothers just relaxing together, because as Dean said there will always be another hunt.

Thanks again for sharing your story with us.

Until next time, take care.
alwaysateen chapter 2 . 1/30/2009
Awesome ending!

So cool that the woman spirit was able to heal both brothers!

What a nice touch. :)
Muffy Morrigan chapter 2 . 1/30/2009
Awesomeness, lovely awesomeness. It was well worth the wait! I really enjoyed the blending of lore, you handled it perfectly!

Five Impalas full of happy Winchesters looking for you to give you a hug.
Lilwazzabug chapter 2 . 1/30/2009
Yay for a happy ending!:D I very much enjoyed your story. Loopy!Dean saying that Sam's heart sounded like the Jaws theme was hilarious and downright adorable and the whole pagan goddess storyline was interesting. And YAY again for lots of cute bro moments! I will never get enough of those:)
Nilah chapter 2 . 1/29/2009
Loved it. Just the right amount of hurt Dean, and for good measure hurt Sammy too. Short and sweet, and a goddess to boot. Loved it.
K Hanna Korossy chapter 2 . 1/29/2009
That was thoroughly enjoyable. Very clever, both the glued salt-I seriously don't know why they can't do something like that more often-and the rig for the potion at the end of the ritual. It's nice to have something on their side for once, too. Good stuff.
spootycup chapter 2 . 1/29/2009
Awesome story... loved the hurt dean and sam taking care of him... wonderful brother moments... good, funny, emotional,

I'mcalledZorro chapter 2 . 1/29/2009
Wonderful chapter! I am so glad that you finished the story. As always it was excellent!
AnickaMarie chapter 2 . 1/28/2009
Great fic! Limp Sam & Dean with each taking care of the other and believable job worked in. Also loved the bit about the ring at the restaurant, lol. And the Impala getting a happy ending was good too. There's only so much time Dean can spend fixing that car.
116 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »