Reviews for Sawdust and Ashes
5-STAR chapter 9 . 7/29/2013
Awesome story I love Jess and Luke please update this
Shrink chapter 9 . 12/16/2012
Please please, finish this story. It is so wonderfully written my heart aches reading it but I cannot get enough. Please dint just leave it incomplete. I await the next chapter!
mrschuckbass10 chapter 9 . 9/18/2012
I know this story is on permanent hiatus but I wish you would start again! There are so many terrible gg fanfics (especially ones that deal with Jess and his past), but this one is amazing! I know it's been years but you should think about starting to write again (I know a lot off ppl would appreciate it :-) )
XCastielXNovakX chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
Please, please, please update, pretty please :D
TheLadyPendragon chapter 9 . 11/29/2010
I really like this. I think the way you capture the characters' emotions and dialogue is impressive.
lit fan chapter 9 . 11/19/2010
update? pretty please?
jnd25 chapter 9 . 10/22/2010
Please update
writersblock242 chapter 9 . 8/23/2010
Great update
udon'tknowmebutiknowme chapter 9 . 8/16/2010
I really love this story. I truly do.

I would love to see Lorelai befriend Jess, not buddy-buddy, run to her with everything that crosses his mind, but just so he's closer to her and maybe will tell her some stuff. Even ordinary stuff. Because Lorelai has a better chance of understanding than Luke (I think), he needs someone on his side who understands, plus maybe then she'll see that he needs Rory. Or at least that Rory won't come to harm or get into trouble with him.

Anyway, great chapter and I can't wait to see the next one.
x-MissChief-x chapter 9 . 8/13/2010
A really great story. It's well structured, especially when mixing the two timelines together. I love it so far, please update soon.
Myogenic chapter 9 . 7/27/2010
I've been thoroughly impressed while reading this story. Your descriptions of Jess' raging emotions, Luke's difficultly of not only guiding a child but safeguarding them in a time of desperate need and the strain of Lorelai's relationships as she strives to help them are refreshingly realistic and true to character.

I really look forward to reading more!
betweenlife chapter 9 . 7/22/2010
You created Jess' personality perfectly.

Hope to see more! :)
Acute Delirium chapter 7 . 7/20/2010
Just passing through. Wanted to add this to my favorites. Can't WAIT for the next chapter!
Jadestar1981 chapter 9 . 7/14/2010
I really liked the Lorelai - Luke interaction at the beginning of the chapter. It was nice to see Lorelai being Lorelai, so to speak, with her checking up on how Luke is doing (and Jess - I really love how she's thinking and asking about him and how he's doing), while trying lighten / distract Luke a bit with her banter and crazy ways.

And now that Lorelai brought up the fight at school and what rumors she heard I'm actually more than a bit worried and I hope there's really not much to it. I thought that maybe Jess just picked a fight as a way to let off some steam, but it seems like I was wrong. I never really thought about what Jess has been through will affect his behavior towards girls. (That he could be violent in his behavior, I mean - I kind of presumed he would probably be indifferent, at least for a while. But then again, what do I know about the psyche of abused children? The only things I know about psychology are things I've read in books or seen in movies.) Will we ever know what happened? Maybe he'll talk about it in therapy? I'd like to know.

Oh, I see now (after reading on) that Jess told his therapist about the fight. And it makes sense, unfortunately, why he reacted the way he did.

I like the way you portray Jess' therapist. Dr Bhatt seems like a realistic character, detached, honest, not overly sympathetic - well done! And I do hope Jess is making some progress while going to therapy, eventually.

This story is undoubtedly one of my favorites and one of the best written fics I've had the pleasure to read. You can see how much thought, work and research you put into it and it's touching, sometimes painful and just an incredible reading experience. I hope you can find the inspiration and time to write a new chapter soon, I would love to read more.
Jadestar1981 chapter 8 . 7/13/2010
Boy, it's hard to see Luke struggling to cope with everyday life, trying to be there for Jess and trying to reach him while at the same time having no clue how to do that (I mean, how could he? How the hell do you deal with the aftermath of sexual assualt on a teenager who just wants to ignore it? But Luke gets major brownie points for not giving up).

Jess and his trouble at school was to be expected. I always wondered though how it could happen that Luke only got to know about Jess cutting school when it was nearly / already too late. (I mean I always thought that when you skip school more than once the parents / guardian are notified automatically. Or am I mistaken? At least that's how it works here.)

Though of course it was kind of fortunate of the principal to discover why exactly Jess' beahvior is how it is, I was quite shocked to learn how he heard of the reasons. It's not only a huge violation of trust on the counselors part IMO but I think it might be a violation of confidentiality to reveal the contents of court documents. At least I hope it leads to something good.

I agree on the subject of Jess needing therapy. I don't think there's another way (at least not to my knowledge) to deal with what he's been through. And I'm very curious to see how that goes, with Jess being silent and angry.