Reviews for Carrion Skies
Myaru chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
This is beautiful. The premise really grabbed me, especially now that I've played FE7 far enough to see scenes between Desmond and Hellene. Both the letters and the burial were expressive and affecting in their own ways, and the perfect setting for a story set immediately post-game. I had to sit and stare at the screen for a few minutes before hitting the review link.

First, you managed the high language well. That's rare, and I really appreciated it when reading. None of your turns of phrase gave me pause, and, well- it's a rarity! From the little I've seen, you captured Desmond's voice well. As viewpoint character, Guinevere is wonderful.

"At her side, Miledy and Zeiss held out their arms, palms facing up, showing that they had come unarmed. Guinevere mimicked their gesture in silence. Her hands, though gloved, were numb with cold."

Sparse, but more effective because of that. This is so clear in my mind I can see it. With lines like "Her mouth was dry and there was a slight quaver in her voice, but her words rang clear across the gathering," followed by "Miledy nudged her, and she stepped forward," you managed to show her nervousness without just telling me. You did that throughout, which I appreciate when I see because it's not common.

Though the setting is grim, I can't get over how beautiful it is despite that. I'm told FE6 doesn't get much fic, so I'm doubly happy to find such a good story. Thank you!
Xirysa chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
Oh, dear. You don't know how terrible for reviewing this... [goes to check] Three months after you posted this-I'm so sorry!

But this... Wow. It was... I don't know how to describe it. "Epic" is the only word racing through my head at the moment, and even then it's not the greatest word to describe this piece.

I really liked how you wrote about Guinevere's internal conflict, especially regarding the soldiers. To me personally, that was the best part of this 'fic.

[Their apparent leader was a man of middling age and slight build, with a startling streak of white through his otherwise dark hair and a scar running through his left eye.] Oh my. If that is who I think it is, I may just pass out. Lol.

Anyway, this was awesome, and I apologize again for not reviewing anything sooner!

[Xirysa]
JapanManiac chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
A beautiful and sad piece... About the Cameo, Is the bit about her situation fit for an assassination by Black Fang that Guinevere recalled? Since in Rekka no Ken Black Fang did try to kill Zephiel.

How ironic that because they save one boy, the world suffered twenty years later!

And I have been reading your stories for a while now but is too lazy to reviewed so now I'll say it... Thank You for writing so many amazing stories that remind the fandom that FE7 and FE6 is connected and even in one world since many people seems to forgot about it or just ignore it!

I love it so much and hope you'll make more stories about characters of FE7 in the FE6 timeline!