Reviews for Two Weddings in May
5SecstoThrowItFB chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
Ai, this is beautiful! And the three days thing helped ease my heart when I burn to create poetry like that- but I won't let myself have a fanfiction account- not yet; it would consume my life as the Ring would (and yes, this is the sort of dramatic writing I'm getting out on here!)
Emily chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
Nice story. That was really nice. I liked the bit with the bouquet; I can totally imagine Faramir getting hit in the face with the thing, and Eowyn managing to catch it before it hits the ground. : )
ShylohJaye chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
I
Virtuella chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
I think this story needs an AU label. Aragorn and Arwen married on midyear's day 3018, while all members of the fellowship were still in the city. Tolkien gives no date for Eowyn and Faramir's wedding, but it must have taken place after Theoden's funeral in August 3018. Sam and Rosie don't get married until 3020. Faramir, BTW, is "raven-haired", not "fair-haired".

I would find it strange to imagine that Aragorn and Arwen wouldn't be invited to Faramir and Eowyn's wedding, but that's open to interpretation.

I was also a bit puzzled by the ending of the fist section, where you suddenly turn from the poetic and serene to the comical. It seemed a bit abrupt to me and at odds with the rest of the text.

Your prose is fluent and elegant, the ficlet is suitably structured and well executed overall. I would be very interested to see you write a more canon-based LOTR story.

Typo: "postponced " - postponed