Reviews for Two Sides of the Same
Some Fangirl chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
This is one of the best and very well written fics I've read.
Euphoracle chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
You have a lot of insight into the Ciel/Sebastian relationship. I have found that the motif or theme of the master/servant combination to be an always present aspect of the manga and the anime. Sebastian and Ciel, Angela/ Ash and Pluto, Queen Victoria and Ciel, Paula and Lizzie, Soma and Agni, Alois and Claude, etc. All are recognizable as part of the same pattern, but each is conspicuously different from the others. All of the duos serve to compare and contrast with each other and especially with S/C. It's fascinating I've only been able to watch season 1 of the anime so far. Also, I've only been able to read the first 5 volumes of the manga. I'm dying to read the Circus storyline. The one thing that ties it all together that I've noticed is the mood, the shouta or yaoi undertones, and the and the pervasive question of moral ambiguity. It's a great concept. Many stories and other works based on Black Butler (Kuroshitsuji) could be spawned from this little story. I hope it's read by the other fanwriters, at least. TY!

...sorry, I got carried away.
CrimsonDreams001 chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
You know you're talented, right?
PeanutAngel chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Ah, great one-shot! I really like your take on Ciel and Sebastian's relationship, and the ending really stood out to me. I can honestly say you're turning into one of my favorite writers, just based on FN and this little one-shot. (Hah, I'm such a pathetic judge of character, so who am I to say such a thing. XD) Great work, and you've left me hungry for more

Keep doing what ya love!

-PeanutAngel
Katsheswims chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
Good job.

I liked it.

Ver introspective.
Permanent chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
Wow, excellent fic. It was really easy to read through and had good points about the relationship between Ciel and Sebastian. Kudos!
OctoberThirtyFirst chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
Wow. shivery
Tyan chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
Very interesting one-shot, I like how you built it up. And it was written so well -
K1M chapter 1 . 1/15/2009
I enjoyed this little fic very much. It's true that we can't determine who the master really is - Ciel or Sebastian? I liked your explanation of how the two characters are both master and servant, how they are slowing changing each other, how the are slowly becoming more and more alike. It was well thought and nice to read.

"A human becoming a demon; a demon becoming a human." Great line, loved it!

Keep on writing, and yay for Kuroshitsuji! (_)
Nightsmoke chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
Aw, this was great! You noticed it too, the effect they have on one another. Nice style, keep it up :D
Shinigami's Voice chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
I like this short fic very much, actually.

I think it is a great intake of both characters, and I specially liked this ambiguity: "A human becoming a demon...a demon becoming a human..."

I think it paints both Sebastian and Ciel in an excellent way.

I'd love to see a story with this "insight fic" as basis!

Still waiting for 'For Nevermore', of course. You have a very good writing piece in that one too!

Happy holidays, enjoy the free time (but be generous with readers XD)
Anti-Logic chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
Nicely done. Hadn't really thought of it that way before. Yeah, I can see where you changed your direction, but sometimes that just happens. xD
Goddess of Hate chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
Impressive work! I enjoy your characterizations. The musings make sense to anyone who has seen the series, and I can't say that about many Kuroshitsuji fanfiction.
Kid9535 chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
Insightful and very logical. It's okay Ciel, you're still a child, you're not supposed to be good at the game yet. :D

Happy New Year!