Reviews for The Caged Chameleon
sirensbane chapter 1 . 3/18
I giggled my way through this. Dear, snarky Sir Percy. It seems totally in-character for him to tease "Chambertin" by demonstrating his wide range of perfect impersonations. I especially loved his comment on a miscarriage of justice, and the implication that he was only hanging around until the weather cleared. A wonderful story!
Fleur24 chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
This was so cool! I throughly enjoyed it!
loveFanFic chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
What a fun story! Well done, and exquisitely in character.
DarkBeta chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
wonderful story, wonderful Sir Percy. (full of wonders, indeed!) i really enjoyed the dialogue, and the accuracy of his voice.

(not going to ask, but can't help wondering, how did he escape? and why not earlier? was he really just saving up the proper number of wishbones?)

gratefully,

db
Imbecamiel chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
Oh, oh, OH! Absolutely amazing - best Scarlet Pimpernel fanfic I have ever read. Percy and Chauvelin were both perfect, and the story itself was an excellent blend of the hilarious and dramatic. (And Percy would *so* mess with Chauvelin's mind that way.) Please, I'm begging you - write more Scarlet Pimpernel stories. The world is in desperate need of more like this one.

Thanks for a wonderful read - and one I'll definitely be coming back to re-read.

- Cami
Much Ado About Nonny chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
Oh, man, this was great! I guess you really don't have to update (leaving it like that keeps the mystery alive), although, like everyone else, I would like to see how Percy made it out of this one. I just loved how he taunted Chauvelin with his different accents...the cat had me in stitches!
Vampiric Phantoms chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
Wow, this was amazing. I really like how this could easily fit into her style of writing. Especially using his mass of disguises for his voice was brilliant.
AlpineSheep chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
Very clever! Well written too, although at the beginning it did seem just a bit wordy, but then the story got rolling and I noticed no other such occurences. I like how you took Percy's many different characters - the cat was funny - and also threw in a bit of when he's 'the real Percy'. The history on how inescapable this cell is was a very good touch. I think I may have found either a typo or a grammatical error (it depends on how you really wanted this sentence to go) my suggested correction is in uppercase: "Citizen Chauvelin was in an exceptionally good humor this evening, so even his sworn enemy's antics were NOT enough to sour his mood" (or perhaps another word altogether, insufficient, maybe?) Anyways, I really liked this story and I'm glad you got Percy home in time for Christmas!
Baroness Emma chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
O! Ok. It's torture.

HOW DID HE GET OUT?

You must update and tell us how! That's an order!

But besides that, I think the characterizations are wonderful and the details quite fascinating. One thing though, I did have a bit of trouble during the "flashback" sequence - it sounded like you were having Sir Percy actually dying. I thought, OH NO! it's AU and he didn't tell us!

So, maybe a little bit of smoothing that out.

Write more!
SadArticle chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
Excellent - I had to think about this one! I love Percy tormenting his captor and scaring the guards; you capture his wonderful insouciance perfectly. Chauvelin is wonderful as ever, thinking he finally has his Pimpernel. The story is also very well paced, with the same question and answer to set the monotony of his captivity - I knew what was coming, of course, but the final lines were still dramatic! The flourish of 'signing' his name with wishbones was a poetic touch. More please!
Pimpernel Princess chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
I LOVE IT! This was absolutely fantastic. How did Percy escape? I really want to know. I loved the touch with the wishbones. And Percy's different accents. Good show! This was extremely well-written. Thank you so much for posting this! I'd love to see more. Happy writing!