Reviews for Meadows of Heaven
Ai Mamoru chapter 16 . 4/9/2014
Mhh, having mixed feelings about this. Your plot was very good. The dark sorceress idea was tragic, but ... well good XD and the excecution way okay as well. BBB appeals more to me as a whole. Obviously I'm not very happy with the ending. I love Happy Endings, BUT I really respect and appreciate tragic ones as well. Objectively it was a very good ending. I'm really gratefull that you let Squall die with his great love. In RL the drama about love, the One and only and can't-live-without-you leaves me rolling my eyes, but in fiction it's great, at least with such pairings. This way I really can make my peace with the tragic ending, letting Squall live after everything would have upset me, but like this Rinoa was at peace and Squall too. So what's my problem? Well, I kinda expect feeling happy and content after emerging from a story, that not being the case results in the mixed feelings, but nonetheless a good story and a good (storywise) ending.

Thanks for writing and sharing!
gleamfang chapter 15 . 8/15/2012
The fight scene with the bird was a little quick and I would have preferred that Sora's idea worked and ended the fight in an epic cross slash between Kairi and Sora but oh well you're the master writer not me!

The story is really a little dark but it makes the ending you have seem like a nicer ending in comparison due to the generally grave nature of this story so I can see why the ending was considered perfect. I only don't get what happened to Leon. Claimed by darkness, he should have turned into a heartless or something. Instead, he just died so that seems a tiny bit odd for me.

I do however love that you put them back together again and for that I am truly grateful for sparing me the customary day of emo-ness and being depressed. Thank you once again for the awesome read!

Keep Writing
gleamfang chapter 13 . 8/15/2012
It was all very very good! I just would like to know:

A. where the older guy came from as I'm assuming the ball scene and the scene with young teenage Squall finding Rinoa were two different scenes. IF they were the same scene, I must say that it made very little chronological sense. Oh wait hang on, haha I just remembered that the ball scene is for Kairi hahaha.

B. What was the small word that Squall was saying to the guy.
gleamfang chapter 11 . 8/15/2012
I give up, whose card is it? I've been scratching my head for the past 3 minutes(that's all i could stand)
gleamfang chapter 9 . 8/15/2012
It's far from a B-rate movie my friend! I love the action scenes but I just wonder if Rinoa had wanted to use the Keyblade to break out in the first place.
gleamfang chapter 7 . 8/15/2012
Good old Irvine back to his old tricks again. One thing that bugs me though is where the HECK were all the ff8 guys during all this?

They couldn't have just popped out of nowhere right?

Keep Writing
gleamfang chapter 6 . 8/15/2012
Oh god I love this story completely already! I will admit that I'm not looking forward to the ending according to the reviews that I snuck a peak at (Sorry couldn't resist)

This completely plays out like a game plot but much more nuanced and well paced and sensible. I do kind of wish that KH3 could be something like this in 2 ways:

1) The 3 friends are together, the pairings are there(Sora-Kairi FTW) and they add more familiar faces

2) It could be completed and on sale like RIGHT NOW PLEASE!

Keep Writing (Please)
Firadraco chapter 11 . 12/7/2011
So I'm really enjoying this story, but I just have to ask about chapter 11. With the castle on lock down, why doesn't anyone with a keyblade just open the doors?
ChaosIsGolden chapter 16 . 1/17/2011
Good job, very rarely do almost cry when I read something, but you managed to do this.

This isn't a bad thing either, as the writting was top noch, all the characters acting as they should and not OC. You had funny moments that had me laughing, Cloud in a pink dress. And although it was a sad moment during the ending, Leon and Rinoa ended up together, which as I said earlier almost left me crying. Plus, the story was believeble and fit well into the Kingdom Hearts story line.

So last but not least thank you for a good story. I'll now be checking out your other ones...
rach981 chapter 16 . 11/20/2010
Hello! I just wanted to say I thorougly enjoyed this story! Being a huge Squall and Rinoa fan, their end was incredibly sad, however, I truly do feel that it was the best way for you to end the story. As much as I would've loved to see them get a happy ending, it would've felt very forced. Addiontally, you write very well.

I can't wait to read the prequel you have planned. I hope it will be started in the near future, but I understand that life doesn't always allow for that to happen. :)

Keep up the great work!
InstigateInsanity chapter 15 . 1/18/2010
Fragments of Memories, I mean. Where the hell did bye Bye Beautiful come from?

That is the LAST time I drink three glasses of wine before reviewing.
InstigateInsanity chapter 16 . 1/18/2010
Right. This has taken me a STUPIDLY long time to review, so I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me my transgressions ... I'll cut the pompous shit now.

A I don't really have much to say, as a matter of fact. I think you ended it in just about the only way you could - the Darkness had taken Rinoa over from the inside out, and she was just too far gone for this to end well. And there was no way Squall was gonna leave her in her time of need.

Very well written, and the action scenes were done very nicely indeed. Now that I got time to read fanfiction again, I'm off to read Bye Bye Beautiful.
NinjaSheik chapter 16 . 9/26/2009
COOL!
Takayu chapter 15 . 9/17/2009
Oh no! You kinda knocked me to the side with the sudden ending!

But I liked it. I mean, I never like it when my cuddly Leonkins...dies...but, y'know.

That's what it takes sometimes to get that happy ending.

Bravo.

*applaudes*
Sakura123 chapter 15 . 9/16/2009
Wow. Just ...Wow. This story was just all kinds of amazing; You Really nailed the characters (especially Leon and Cloud). I simply loved how determined Sora, Kairi, and Riku were in helping the skiddish Rinoa in locating her knight, especially given the obvious "DANGER! DANGER!" Signs that Quistis gave them when she was half-explaining the tale behind Rinoa (I mean, really, I just wanted to hug 'em).

I am relieved they came to their senses in the end though (I also could just imagine Sora sticking his hand up in the air while Quistis was Info Dumping on everyone LOL). There were even some parts of the story that gave me the feeling that was playing the game, at times.

Call me silly, but I'm rather content with the way this story ended. It's sad, but, snap, Squall finally got to be with the one he loved after so long.

Overall, Fantastic Story!