Reviews for Forgive him
FlyAway98 chapter 13 . 7/16
Hi !
Your story is just so great, I'm french (sorry, I don't speak english very well, so I probably did a lot of mistakes ...) I would like to traduce "Forgive him". If it's alright for you, then I will send you the reviews French will wirte for the traduction that I'm going to do. There are not a lot of good fictions about Chronicles of Narnia in french, so I would like to share those I read in english with people who don't have the chance to understand your language. Please send me a PMerci if it's alright.
Totally unnapropriate. Ugh.
Random Lolz 74128 chapter 13 . 8/8/2014
OMG! This story is absolutely AMAZING! I LOVE it! It's brilliantly written, it made me go all emotional! BRILLIANT! :)
OJSZ chapter 13 . 7/28/2013
That was really sweet. Keep up the great work.
wanderlustcali chapter 10 . 3/31/2013
Awww that whole edmund and peter scene was simply fascinating! I still have tears in my eyes! You caputred the moment and emotion greatly!
wanderlustcali chapter 8 . 3/31/2013
Oh this chapter is amazing! I cried a bit! Oh you are an amazing talented writer!
Miss mia chapter 13 . 3/30/2013
Hard to believe this was a firsttime fic! You did a marvelous job. Thank you.
FullMentalPanic chapter 2 . 12/27/2012
Oddly enough, though I can't really see Movie-Susan acting this way, I can easily see Book-Susan fitting into this chapter. I'm glad Susan doesn't break her promise and tell, I hold promises in high regard, but at the same time she's totally provoking Peter by just dangling bits of leading information. Excellent job with the whole, "Su?...Did she, did she hurt him?"..."Badly?" "Yes." interchange. Good job with Peter's attempted non-nonchalance and all the things that are implied about Edmund's condition in those few words. Peter snapping and going off about Edmund was really believable, and though you can see where he's coming from you also see how it can crush Edmund to hear him say that. Way to play both sides. All through that last sequence you definitely got across how they're all under the scrutiny of the Narnians and their subjects have basically seen their High King publicly chastise another of their reigning sovereigns. "Peter closed his eyes and turned slowly around with a feeling of cold, wintry dread." The way this recalls the rule and power of the witch was great.
FullMentalPanic chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
Peter really didn't seem like he wholeheartedly forgave Edmund at that point in the film, and there was this tension surrounding it until Lucy healed him on the battle field. It was something I thought the film did very well, and I like seeing you expand on it. "He continued past the blacksmiths, nodding and smiling politely at their warm greetings whilst mentally berating himself for officially being the worst brother in the whole of Narnia, never mind England." Heh, good sentence. It took me a moment, but I really got into the flow of how you wrote Beaver and could very clearly hear his voice from the movie. The interaction between Beaver and Peter actually came across really well and you did a good job with the dynamic between those two. I like the story of Beaver's brother and how it parallels what happened, and didn't happen, to Edmund. The book doesn't make any mention of a brother, but it's something that could have credibly happened in the story, and it fits in effectively. Susan seems slightly out of character to me, it's easier to imagine Lucy in that role. I'd picture Susan phrasing things differently or more pragmatically even if the intent behind them was the same. Still, it seems she might have just had a shock, which ties into the nice lead-in for the next chapter that you end with. You do a very believable job communicating Peter's mental and emotional state over how he feels toward Edmund.
Desertfyre chapter 13 . 4/24/2011
That was beautiful! I loved this story! I love the Edmund angst. Glad that Peter finally said the words Ed needed to hear from him. D
FelipeMarcusThomas chapter 13 . 8/1/2010
I just found this story, and I think it captured just about perfectly the mental anguish that Peter must have felt about wanting to forgiving Edmund, and not feeling able to. Nicely done.
Esperanza Mighty chapter 13 . 6/21/2010
lovely story! you absolutly must write more!
Kelcor chapter 13 . 1/1/2010
Well done! A truly enjoyable read! :o) I especially loved the interaction between Peter and Edmund.

~Kelcor

PS Happy New Year!
Paulabookworm chapter 13 . 10/26/2009
I've really enjoyed your story - thanks for writing it! I saw your author notes about writer's blocks - so thank you for continuing till you finished the story despite all that. As a reader I find it sad (and frustrating!) when I start reading a story and then it gets abandoned before it's finished. I don't even mind waiting quite a long time for updates so long as they come eventually. So thank you for battling on and finishing this lovely story. Cheers, Paula
Soloyoyo chapter 13 . 10/21/2009
You complete an exellent history.

After read the last chapter, I can say closure is at the level of the entire story, the feelings seemed completely real: Ed giving painful explanation in order to compose a sincere apologize. And as a sincere apologize deserves equally sincere answer, Peter's response is even more important to Edmund cause is equally sincere, given not just for an older brother that feels as "duty" cause the younger is crying. Nice end, really nice. Very good job. Thanks for share this, hope you get your "70s"!