Reviews for Father And Son
ccase13 chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
That song is kind of a good fit for John and Sam.
Erebourne chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
I've always thought that that song fit them so well especially the line about 'Ever since I could talk I was ordered to listen'. You did a great job.
Madebyme chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
Well if I'm honest I'm not usually one for song fics but since it's written by you I thought I'd give it a go and I'm glad that I did because I loved it, it was sort of heart breakingly beautiful and the song really fits the story you moulded. Well done it was great and it just goes to show that sometimes taking risks pays! Take care, Madebyme.x
RedDragen chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
That was a nice short story
SamDeanLover28 chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
i liked it
twinchaosblade chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
I think you did one masterpiece of a job with this song fic! It was so incredibly fitting and well-written.
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
Ok, so first I was like songfic? Huh. Different. Weird. But then, I started to read it, and it was kind of, well, beautiful. And sad. And moving. And full of emotion. Just like a song. Nice work.
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
Fantastic oneshot Gill and it went so well with the song you chose. I loved the way you delved into John's emotions and past with this one-showing how he had asically went through the same thing with his own faher when he was younger. You would have thought he would have learned his lesson-but instead he did the same thng with Sam and ended up pushing his youngest away1
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
Wow, this was really beautiful, in a very sad way. You used the song so well to enforce the feelings of both sides. The regret, the understanding the sadness, the hope. Very poetic and yes very different from what you are usually doing but in no way worse, maybe even better. Really love it a lot. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Vonnie
supernatfem76 chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
I have to admit I am unfamiliar with the Cat Stevens song this is based on but I liked this. I liked the way you mix the lyrics of the song with the story. I thought that you did an excellent job showing both John's and Sam's feelings about his decision to go off to Stanford.
sweetysmart0505 chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
I'm glad you wrote out of your comfort zone. I love writing Songfics. And you did great on yours. Very fitting withthe lyrics. All the emotion. Really good job!
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
This is nice:

“He’ll be okay.” He finally spoke when he felt more than heard his other son enter the room.

“You don’t know that.” Was all the reply he received in return, from a voice choked with bitterness.

Interesting take, glad to have read it.
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
Wonderful Sam angst and John guilt my friend. Love the description of the walk out and the misery Sam feels at leaving behind his brother in exchange for the life he wanted. Too bad we didn't see more of that life, but he had to be drawn back in. Thanks for the great read and the exposure to a song I've never heard.
SupernaturalCanary19 chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
Well, very different style from you there, but I definately enjoyed it all the same! I loved the way you managed to capture the emotiongs, and the song was perfect for it! Nice job (again) keep up the great work!

Hope to read more from you soon!